• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Rep. Paul co-sponsored bills promoting term limit, but doesn't believe in them for himself.

It's from Wikipedia, but it's sourced:
    1.Paul proposed term-limit legislation multiple times, at first in the 1970s in the House[15] where he also declined to attend junkets or register for a Congressional pension while serving four terms.[16]
    2.Paul was re-elected to his tenth term in Congress in November 2006.[61] In the March 4, 2008, Republican primary for his Congressional seat,[62] he defeated Friendswood city councilman Chris Peden,[63] obtaining over 70 percent of the vote.[64] On the 2008 ballot, Paul won his eleventh term in Congress running unopposed.

Rep. Paul constantly talks about "pork", and how bad it is. Funny how it seems to work OK for his district. For HIM, it's like getting tax credits on his tax return.

YouTube - Ron Paul on Earmarks and Term Limits

YouTube - Ron Paul defends earmarks on Cavuto 03/10/2009

The man is a two faced politician, just like 98% of them in Washington. Go find your fairy prince somewhere else.

Present me with a better somution then. If you are just an everyone hater, then where is that going to get us. What are we going to do....elect some farm boy working at the gas station on highway 24.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Present me with a better somution then. If you are just an everyone hater, then where is that going to get us. What are we going to do....elect some farm boy working at the gas station on highway 24.

RP is a career politician. I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but he's lying if his mouth is moving - just like the rest of the scumbags in Washington.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    This is why I usually ignore the Paulbot threads. This politician can do nothing wrong with them, and even when he double-talks as to why he can do something he thinks no one else should, they swallow. The man's not even articulate. He stutters more than the President does when he's lying.

And SE, do you have a single CLUE what "tooting your horn" actually means? Maybe a trip to the library and a look for a book of often used phrases would be a big help, kiddo. :rolleyes:

oh, you usually ignore the "paulbot" threads. Whoops, made a mistake this time......got sucked into it. I love when people start out by saying that they don't usually do what they are about to do,....

.........oh, i'm too good for this thread....i'm better then everyone in this thread.....i'm going to throw around clever made-up compound words to describe idiots....no one understands me......i'm so smart....

IT"S TIME TO COME DOWN FROM YOUR PEDESTAL!!!!!
    If you usually "stay away".........then GET OUT!!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    ..............okay.....then once again.....present me with a beter solution

You remind me of a Libtard I recently had a discussion with. Because I could not solve the healthcare problem right then and there with a better solution, they figured that their precious Obamacare was the one and only answer to the healthcare problem. That's a naive view.

I am not a civil engineer, and I still don't accept deeply flawed "solutions". :ingo:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I'm going to step in defence of the guys who haven't bought into RP like you have... don't make the blanket statement that we somehow don't support the constitution because we don't support RP. That's just not true. He's just not the right guy for the job. :patriot:

.....Then who is!?!?..........I started out this thread to feel around and see what kind of RP support or even other "alternative" candidate support exists in this community. All this jabber back and forth isn't educating me. If you don't like RP, that's fine. That was my entire point of this thread. State the reasons you don't, and be done. Or come up with an alternative solution to our countries "leader" problems. After a few point/counterpoints, agree to disagree and move on. I am always in search of new information. I enjoy learning and being as informed as I can. We can yell at eachother like 4th graders or we can read, research, and post useful bits of information.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    .....Then who is!?!?..........I started out this thread to feel around and see what kind of RP support or even other "alternative" candidate support exists in this community. All this jabber back and forth isn't educating me. If you don't like RP, that's fine. That was my entire point of this thread. State the reasons you don't, and be done. Or come up with an alternative solution to our countries "leader" problems. After a few point/counterpoints, agree to disagree and move on. I am always in search of new information. I enjoy learning and being as informed as I can. We can yell at eachother like 4th graders or we can read, research, and post useful bits of information.

See my previous post... and take a deep breath, turbo :):

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    :) laughs.....

The funny thing is, I listen to all these guys, call there shows, and agree and disagree when I see fit. I have a certain amount of respect for each one of them. Hell, if I had a chance to have my voice heard like that, I would jump on it...........and you can't blame anyone for makin the money....that being said, if you even mention Ron Paul to Mark Levin, (which I have), he will hang up on you instantaneously and continue to tell the world how Ron Paul is a complete fool and he doesn't even want to have his name mentioned on air.....this really frustrates me.......when it comes down to it, we really need to unite, cuz if we don't, I think there is a grim future ahead as the new administration continues to create more mindless slaves to the system.......

That's funny, as that is eactly what Michael Savage did to me...

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

oh, you usually ignore the "paulbot" threads. Whoops, made a mistake this time......got sucked into it. I love when people start out by saying that they don't usually do what they are about to do,....

.........oh, i'm too good for this thread....i'm better then everyone in this thread.....i'm going to throw around clever made-up compound words to describe idiots....no one understands me......i'm so smart....

IT"S TIME TO COME DOWN FROM YOUR PEDESTAL!!!!!
    If you usually "stay away".........then GET OUT!!!

I'm always interested in seeing the evolution of a person's argument, even in three posts. Groovy here went from rational to irrational to rational again in mere moments. And yes, this is an interent discussion about an event that won't take place for another three years, with the campaigns starting in two. That's several lifetimes in politics. Things happen, politicians rise and fall in that amount of time.

For all who like Ron Paul, more power to you. I'm not a fan, and I think there will be someone better yet to appear, or mature politically before the yelling gets serious in two years. Right now, 2010 is a much more important topic, since there is the chance to block and even regress some of the stupidity coming out of Congress right now.

As I said, I'm concerned and more than a little worried with this near idolization of Ron Paul. According to many, if you don't almost blindly support the guy, you're anti-American, anti-Constitution, etc. A number of straw polls before the primaries in 08 were deliberately sabotaged by Paul supporters because they thought the polls weren't promoting their candidate enough, or the polls weren't "fair" because Paul wasn't given top billing, even though he wasn't getting the votes the other candidates were. Doesn't that sound just like the Leftists? The ones protesting the G20 meetings, or any "environmental" cause? I'm not about to walk in lockstep with anyone, even those who I generally agree with. Especially those showing signs of mob mentality. It really worries me some of you want that absolute agreement and lockstep. I actually agree with some of Rep. Paul's stances, but there are others that I don't.

By the way, I have a whole container of those nifty toothpicks from Cracker Barrel for all you popcorn chewers out there, if you need some.

Top Bottom