• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh, and BTW for those who didn't catch it in the news, AM General has been sold to the Chinese. That's right, Hummer is now a Chinese product.

Maybe we can send GM to the Chinese too...

Please get a new source for automotive information, or change the batteries in the majic 8-ball.

AM General is an LLC, privately owned. Hummer is a barbie car owned by GM. Cadilacs do not cost 12K in parts.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The one main stumbling block to the Paul for President run as a Repub, is that the candidate who wins the nomination, heads the party.

The Party doesn't support Paul, because he doesn't cave to the big money donors. So, he won't easily get the nomination due to the party steering money and image enhancement to others that will support the party.

We're seeing this in a micro version via the Behney campaign. He's not a party guy. They can't control him if he does get elected. They want the seat filled with an R... but they want the seat filled an Obedient R.

So, there will always be someone in the way of getting a candidate into the top spot in the R party.

Unless... ;)

That's why I was so upset that Richard is running as a Republican. He's not going to get the nomanation and ultimately have to run as an Independent anyway if he wants to get in the game. unfortunately, too many people, even on here, refuse to vote for anyone that's not part of the two party system... :rolleyes:

These are the only two sentences worth reading in this whole regurgitation-subject thread.

He's the best choice we have, with the best backing and most momentum right now... :yesway:

That's what's really sad. If he's the only real best choice we have I weep for this Country. As I said, as President he won't make the laws, just foriegn policy. We need real people in office elected next year.

Please get a new source for automotive information, or change the batteries in the majic 8-ball.

AM General is an LLC, privately owned. Hummer is a barbie car owned by GM. Cadilacs do not cost 12K in parts.

[personal attacks removed -shooter521] MY BAD for saying AM General and Hummer were one in the same. Sheesh. But GM did sell Hummer to the Chinese. And for GODS SAKES DO YOUR FRIGGIN HOMEWORK ON CADDILAC

Sorry for yelling. Please continue.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's why I was so upset that Richard is running as a Republican. He's not going to get the nomanation and ultimately have to run as an Independent anyway if he wants to get in the game. unfortunately, too many people, even on here, refuse to vote for anyone that's not part of the two party system... :rolleyes:

That is yet to be decided.

I'm uploading new vids of Richard's latest speech (I hope to visit a Stutzman event next week to give folks a good idea of what he stands for) -- listen to what he says.

I can honestly say that everywhere Richard goes with his message, he gets converts to his way of thinking.

The grassroots giant is still waking up. We see it at the Tea Party and 9/12 groups. Grant County just host over 100 people in the small town of Madison Indiana.

I'd rather walk into 2010 primary season with the thousands from the 4/15 tea party at my back, than every dollar the republican party steers to Dan Demezick.

People will matter most in this race. How many INGOers will go out this spring and knock on doors, work the booths at the spring festivals, and generally spread the word about the good candidates?

People are awake. And they're waking up more and more people every day. Those people are fed up with BOTH parties.

I'll post the links to the vids once I get the last part uploaded.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That is yet to be decided.

I'm uploading new vids of Richard's latest speech (I hope to visit a Stutzman event next week to give folks a good idea of what he stands for) -- listen to what he says.

I can honestly say that everywhere Richard goes with his message, he gets converts to his way of thinking.

The grassroots giant is still waking up. We see it at the Tea Party and 9/12 groups. Grant County just host over 100 people in the small town of Madison Indiana.

I'd rather walk into 2010 primary season with the thousands from the 4/15 tea party at my back, than every dollar the republican party steers to Dan Demezick.

People will matter most in this race. How many INGOers will go out this spring and knock on doors, work the booths at the spring festivals, and generally spread the word about the good candidates?

People are awake. And they're waking up more and more people every day. Those people are fed up with BOTH parties.

I'll post the links to the vids once I get the last part uploaded.

I'll do what I can since I have time on my hands. :): I just hope you're right. I hope he doesn't run R and people will still vote for him. Unfortunately, if this board is any indication, not many will actually vote 3rd party.

Can't wait for the videos! :D

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Rep. Paul co-sponsored bills promoting term limit, but doesn't believe in them for himself.

It's from Wikipedia, but it's sourced:
    1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Paul proposed term-limit legislation multiple times, at first in the 1970s in the House[15] where he also declined to attend junkets or register for a Congressional pension while serving four terms.[16]
    2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Paul was re-elected to his tenth term in Congress in November 2006.[61] In the March 4, 2008, Republican primary for his Congressional seat,[62] he defeated Friendswood city councilman Chris Peden,[63] obtaining over 70 percent of the vote.[64] On the 2008 ballot, Paul won his eleventh term in Congress running unopposed.

Rep. Paul constantly talks about "pork", and how bad it is. Funny how it seems to work OK for his district. For HIM, it's like getting tax credits on his tax return.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QdQYEtwTNY]YouTube - Ron Paul on Earmarks and Term Limits[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87cegKYSI4]YouTube - Ron Paul defends earmarks on Cavuto 03/10/2009[/ame]

The man is a two faced politician, just like 98% of them in Washington. Go find your fairy prince somewhere else.
    [FONT=&quot][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QdQYEtwTNY"][/ame] [/FONT]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Rep. Paul co-sponsored bills promoting term limit, but doesn't believe in them for himself.

It's from Wikipedia, but it's sourced:
    1.Paul proposed term-limit legislation multiple times, at first in the 1970s in the House[15] where he also declined to attend junkets or register for a Congressional pension while serving four terms.[16]
    2.Paul was re-elected to his tenth term in Congress in November 2006.[61] In the March 4, 2008, Republican primary for his Congressional seat,[62] he defeated Friendswood city councilman Chris Peden,[63] obtaining over 70 percent of the vote.[64] On the 2008 ballot, Paul won his eleventh term in Congress running unopposed.

Rep. Paul constantly talks about "pork", and how bad it is. Funny how it seems to work OK for his district. For HIM, it's like getting tax credits on his tax return.

YouTube - Ron Paul on Earmarks and Term Limits

YouTube - Ron Paul defends earmarks on Cavuto 03/10/2009

The man is a two faced politician, just like 98% of them in Washington. Go find your fairy prince somewhere else.

Two faced, or realistic? You can reduce earmarks all you want, but the truth is that earmarks are placed within bills because they fit into the budget limits placed onto the bill. As he says, without cutting spending as a whole, you can cut ear marks, but you will take away the power of states and local cities from saying where that money goes.

Please research that a little more before tooting your horn on this. I can find Youtube videos to show how good it is to beat your kids senseless, but that would just be wrong! :laugh:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Two faced, or realistic? You can reduce earmarks all you want, but the truth is that earmarks are placed within bills because they fit into the budget limits placed onto the bill. As he says, without cutting spending as a whole, you can cut ear marks, but you will take away the power of states and local cities from saying where that money goes.

Please research that a little more before tooting your horn on this. I can find Youtube videos to show how good it is to beat your kids senseless, but that would just be wrong! :laugh:

This is why I usually ignore the Paulbot threads. This politician can do nothing wrong with them, and even when he double-talks as to why he can do something he thinks no one else should, they swallow. The man's not even articulate. He stutters more than the President does when he's lying.

And SE, do you have a single CLUE what "tooting your horn" actually means? Maybe a trip to the library and a look for a book of often used phrases would be a big help, kiddo. :rolleyes:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Concerning Richard: A vote for a third party is a wasted vote- period. Unless you count "making a point" worthwhile. This has been hashed over and over...

Richard knows this; and I support his choice in registering as an "R." (we don't have to like it, but it is the smartest way to go)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What are you wanting to accomplish? Consensus for Rep. Paul?

As one of Paul's disciples stated earlier in the thread, if you don't love Ron Paul, you hate the Constitution. Disagreeing with Ron Paul is treason to some of his followers.

Which perfectly illustrates the danger they pose to our way of life if they ever achieve power.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Re: Third Parties

Sad but true...in a way, a self fulfilling prophecy...having more impact though is the way the R's and D's have gamed the system. Gerrymandering, state % minimums for ballot inclusion without petitions (time and $), and other tactics have ensured that the R/D coin is the only one many people will consider flipping.

Interestingly, I have a "coin" labeled a president picker from 1980. Reagan is on one side, Carter on the other, and around the perimeter is inscribed "if coin lands on edge vote for John Anderson". I find it an apt illustration of the attitudes (and odds) of most regarding "non-sanctioned" parties/candidates.

Even the big-L Libertarian party leans more statist every year :dunno:

Top Bottom