Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tell @jamil he is the one saying there is no choice…
    You guys said yourself that more land will be taken over by HOA’s. And it’s not because people love HOA’s. 14% of the population love HOA’s doesn’t look to me like the market is driving them. What do you call it when a clear majority can’t get what they want? Not a choice, that’s for sure.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You guys said yourself that more land will be taken over by HOA’s. And it’s not because people love HOA’s. 14% of the population love HOA’s doesn’t look to me like the market is driving them. What do you call it when a clear majority can’t get what they want? Not a choice, that’s for sure.
    There is more than one market in this. Developers are the first as they own the land, they make the first decision and that market overwhelmingly puts an HOA in place. The second market is new home buyers, they do not have enough of an objection to an HOA to overcome the developers market with their buyers market and I believe most new home buyers want an HOA, including those that are adamantly opposed skews the new home buyers market.

Any subsequent buyers get what the builders and new home buyers put in place or they can buy home without an HOA. If the subsequent buyers want to neuter the HOA they have that ability if that market really wants to do so.

Three different markets choose to implement and or continue the HOA. Markets can be manipulated but when there are multiple opportunities to not have an HOA it is silly to say markets don’t work because you don’t get your way…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is more than one market in this. Developers are the first as they own the land, they make the first decision and that market overwhelmingly puts an HOA in place. The second market is new home buyers, they do not have enough of an objection to an HOA to overcome the developers market with their buyers market and I believe most new home buyers want an HOA, including those that are adamantly opposed skews the new home buyers market.

Any subsequent buyers get what the builders and new home buyers put in place or they can buy home without an HOA. If the subsequent buyers want to neuter the HOA they have that ability if that market really wants to do so.

Three different markets choose to implement and or continue the HOA. Markets can be manipulated but when there are multiple opportunities to not have an HOA it is silly to say markets don’t work because you don’t get your way…
    You’ve just tacitly admitted there isn’t much choice.

There is no market driving HOA’s from home buyers’ perspective. If HOA’s were market driven from that perspective, there would be a lot more choice because as posted a while back, 84% are not into HOA’s. We would see the number of homes in HOA’s a lot more proportional to their favorability if it were market driven.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You’ve just tacitly admitted there isn’t much choice.

There is no market driving HOA’s from home buyers’ perspective. If HOA’s were market driven from that perspective, there would be a lot more choice because as posted a while back, 84% are not into HOA’s. We would see the number of homes in HOA’s a lot more proportional to their favorability if it were market driven.
    I just told you landowners have a choice.

New home buyers have a choice.

Subsequent buyers have a choice.

Choices all over but for you an your kind that want to take choice away…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I just told you landowners have a choice.

New home buyers have a choice.

Subsequent buyers have a choice.

Choices all over but for you an your kind that want to take choice away…
    Marketing choice. Isn't that how we got govt healthcare? It's another choice.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, since HOAs are so popular, they should start out with a sunset clause.
    2 years after the building is done, all residents must enact a new HOA. Vote on each rule separately.
    No list of rules with a single vote.

Since they are so popular, I'm sure they will all continue on.
    If they are as bad as INGO says why don’t those that do not want them get rid of them as they have all the legal power to do? Because they cannot get enough others to agree.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If this thread makes it to 5k posts I guarantee there will not be a part 2.

Hey @Ingomike Maybe next time start a thread about how much you love HOAs and how they're awesome? You've received many of statistics, articles, and personal views, that far outweigh those that love them. You asked the question and you have gotten the answer. I'm sure 3 or 4 of you can make the "I love HOAs" thread work.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Hey @Ingomike Maybe next time start a thread about how much you love HOAs and how they're awesome? You've received many of statistics, articles, and personal views, that far outweigh those that love them. You asked the question and you have gotten the answer. I'm sure 3 or 4 of you can make the "I love HOAs" thread work.
    He asked the question, why do so many hat HOA’s, and when people answered, he only wanted to lecture them. Makes me think he just wanted to lecture people and didn’t actually want to know why.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Is that really what you get from this thread? The real intent was to share facts of HOA’s as opposed to misconceptions posted in other threads that are hijacks, I gave this topic its own thread. I have posted the details of the law. I have posted that to deprive landowners of their property rights to sell as several wish is taking freedom. I have posted even posted my opinions of when I would want an HOA and when not. 5000 is long way away…

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Is that really what you get from this thread? The real intent was to share facts of HOA’s as opposed to misconceptions posted in other threads that are hijacks, I gave this topic its own thread. I have posted the details of the law. I have posted that to deprive landowners of their property rights to sell as several wish is taking freedom. I have posted even posted my opinions of when I would want an HOA and when not. 5000 is long way away…
    :bs: No, you asked why so many hated HOAs. You were given reasons and decided to steer it in another direction.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That’s how most people see this thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, since HOAs are so popular, they should start out with a sunset clause.
    2 years after the building is done, all residents must enact a new HOA. Vote on each rule separately.
    No list of rules with a single vote.

Since they are so popular, I'm sure they will all continue on.

The HOA I was involved in, was established by the developer, as most are. The bylaws stated that the developer would hand the HOA over to the community after a certain percentage of lots were conveyed. I think at that point the neighborhood should have the right to vote on whether the HOA should continue or not. And if so, should have to vote on the rules each at a time.

Oh, but no. Because that would violate the right of the developer to impose limitations on people's rights in perpetuity, so says MIke. Which I think is the case because someone made noise in their driveway once and that made him want to control people.

And it was at that very moment, Mike became...HOA man.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The HOA I was involved in, was established by the developer, as most are. The bylaws stated that the developer would hand the HOA over to the community after a certain percentage of lots were conveyed. I think at that point the neighborhood should have the right to vote on whether the HOA should continue or not. And if so, should have to vote on the rules each at a time.
    They have the right to do so now! You guys don’t like the percentage of vote it takes, and have suggested it be mandatory.

Oh, but no. Because that would violate the right of the developer to impose limitations on people's rights in perpetuity, so says MIke.
    Nope, the HOA can be dissolved if all the owners want to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom