Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I like the looks of it. May have to pick one up and see how it feels in the hand. I will wait to purchase one until a year or two after they are introduced. Kind of reminds me of a CZ82 that is was thinned down and the hard edges melted.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I really don't care what it looks like. If it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'll give it a shot. Price seems good enough, as long as it is reliable.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm kind of intrigued by this one. If it's reliable and durable, it could make a decent BUG. The bore axis looks to be pretty low, which I like and the undercut trigger guard will help with a higher hand hold. Add a nice set of G10 grip panels that add a touch of contour and it could work out well.

lamboz1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    United States
    agreed, if it had a conventional safety, id be very interested

Only having a grip safety would allow it to be able to be put into action quickly. But quite frankly, it doesn't appeal to me because it only has a grip safety. Although some might, I wouldn't want to only rely on the grip safety of a 1911.
    I give Remington credit for building something different. But too bad they couldn't build a conventional safety into it for those who might prefer to have one.
    However it just might become a classic collectible if its production doesn't last very long.

pgfrmr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Fishers
    Always cool to see that gun designers are always thinking and coming out with new products! Some are a hit and some a miss and everyone likes something different. I say keep em' coming!

Your absolutely right, let these companies battle it out for market share. It keeps our cost down and pushes the design envelope. Although I may not like or buy every gun that comes out, I feel I win a little bit every time a new model is released.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd really like to shoot one of these!

Wonder how/when extra mag availability will be approaching "acceptable" levels... Probably never... *sigh*

-J-

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I like that there is only a grip safety. I understand people wanting a safety for many firearms but for me, I do not want one on my carry weapon. I've carried a Kahr MK40, M&P 40c, and a Ruger SP101. No safety, no problem. The grip safety is actually an improvement IMO, a safety I won't forget in the heat of the moment. It's not going to go bang if my booger hook stays off the bang switch, and in a proper holster it's also fine.

if it has a safety I'll keep it off for carry, but I'm fine with guns that have them. I like what I see on this one so far, waiting for more info at shot show!

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    Throwing out my :twocents:,
    I like the looks of it. It is something different than everything else out in the market in my opinion. As long as it is on par in reliability and accuracy with all the other subcompacts out there, I think it will be a hit.
    I personally am interested in this little gun in 40.
    Can't wait to see more reviews and actually see one to see if it will fit my hand.

Stay safe

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, a guy at a shop this weekend said they should be in stores by March. I'd kind of like to check one out before I buy the Shield I have been wanting to buy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have not handled one yet, but I would be interested in taking a good look at one when they come out in .40. If it is compact, reliable and accurate, I don't care if the slide looks like the front fender of a '62 Ford Falcon. The Alloy frame is enough to make me choose it over a Sheild

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm definitely interested in it. G & A had two articles about them. The first was about the original, the second about the new one.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm in for one when they arrive. I think this is a really neat design. I believe they are supposed to start shipping Monday.

I like the history of the design as much as it being different. Supposedly General George S. Patton carried a Remington 51 for awhile.

Top Bottom