Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    660x621xR51-BeautyShot-660x621.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uWMbNM5U_M.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I asked the boss to look into them at the distributor show. He checked them out and ordered 10 or so.
    When I asked if they were as easy to rack the slide as they're touted, he said he was able to with just a pinky finger.
    That's awesome.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Thefirearmblog.com says TODAY was to be the shipping date. I hope so!

Someone will have one by Wednesday, for sure, if that's the case, I'd imagine.

I just emailed Remington to see if I can get official word. I'm sure I won't hear from them until at least Monday, so stay tuned...

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I want one but only if it's under $400.

Pretty sure it will be. I also sent a message to their Twitter account asking about the release date. They Tweet on weekends, so hopefully whoever runs their account will see it and reply.

Guns and Ammo and several other sites are claiming an MSRP of $389. I'd guess a street price of under $349 is likely at stores that typically lower markup. $329 would make the money jump out of my wallet all the faster.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Pretty sure it will be. I also sent a message to their Twitter account asking about the release date. They Tweet on weekends, so hopefully whoever runs their account will see it and reply.

Guns and Ammo and several other sites are claiming an MSRP of $389. I'd guess a street price of under $349 is likely at stores that typically lower markup. $329 would make the money jump out of my wallet all the faster.

Yeah, unless I was really impressed with some aspect of it that, it would have to be less money than the Shield for me to consider it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just read the Guns and Ammo article. They show a MSRP of $420. Some earlier articles and I believe a video I saw from the Shot Show stated an MSRP of $389. Is it already going up?

BTW, the G&A article had a lot of really good things to say about it.

At $389 that puts it close to prices on Shield I am seeing now at $399. I did see some $369 deals on the Shield, but locally right now the best I have found is $399.( I can't remember Bradis price on the Shield, but it was competitive) I would like to handle one and preferably shoot one next to the Shield. If it handles as well and has lower felt recoil, I'd be up for getting one.

Top Bottom