Wha? NEW Remington R51 in 9mm +P chambering?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I want to throw my money at it already. . .lolz. Steel slide/alloy frame SAO, from strap checkering, decent sights, 7+1, it can take +p ammo, a giant grip safety, and it's been dehorned. All for the MSRP if ~380! How? How is that possible? The vids show very manageable recoil, the review read positive. I want to see what online vendors are goin to do with the price. And how reliable it is in the real world.

KS1956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Henderson
    If it is reliable, I'd like one. The Shield and the LC9 really aren't that appealing to me. The Kahr PM9 is my present wish list item. The Remington would fit my needs at half the price.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    The fast that its a hammer fired single action seems a bit amazing to me, not many have come to the micro 9 plate with a single action design, and this is the first that I have seen that is a polymer frame to boot. No, its not the most attractive pistol I have ever seen, but it does have some interesting features, and having replaceable grip panels would help it fit a wider demographic of shooters.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    The fast that its a hammer fired single action seems a bit amazing to me, not many have come to the micro 9 plate with a single action design, and this is the first that I have seen that is a polymer frame to boot. No, its not the most attractive pistol I have ever seen, but it does have some interesting features, and having replaceable grip panels would help it fit a wider demographic of shooters.

Aluminum frame, I believe.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Yep, I too just looking at it assumed that it was not metal. Plus the low price point, so I was amazed to learn it was metal framed. Makes me want on even more! Il, still take the wait and see approach bough I'm sure

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It's getting more interesting me as I continue to read and see stuff about it. I was set on the Shield but now I am not sure. The good news is I won't be ready to buy a Shield until April at least, so I have some time to continue researching this as more information comes available.

I have never been a fan of Remington hand guns, but this could fit the bill for the CC gun I want.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Depending on trigger feel, I might be interested when the .40 version drops. I'm ok with a grip safety if it comes with a true 1911 feel to the trigger.

It does, however, look like its going to go "pew pew pew" when you shoot it.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm still slightly new to all this. What do you mean that sight is mounted backwards? They look like normal sights to me, but again, I don't know lol. I would like to know what you mean.

Usually the flat part or blade is on the rear of the sight, this one is on the front and the sight is slanted the other way to reduce snagging. To tell the truth I don't know why you would need sights that big on a pistol that size anyway. Chances are you won't have a chance and will simply point shoot if the threat is right on you.

Look at the Colt New Agent and its sight channel. This one could have used that feature.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Looks like a great EDC at a reasonable price. Want to handle one before deciding any further. I have seen a lot of uglier offerings than this one for sure.

Voodoo574

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    South Bend/ Mishawaka
    Im with Blackhawk on this one. Only 7 rounds, I might as well carry Kel-Tec. And beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but I don't think "beauty" is a word I would describe this weapon with. Remington needs to stay with the long guns.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Im with Blackhawk on this one. Only 7 rounds, I might as well carry Kel-Tec. And beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but I don't think "beauty" is a word I would describe this weapon with. Remington needs to stay with the long guns.

Yeah, how DARE a gunmaker give us MORE options for concealable pistols with different designs than a Glock or (God forbid) a ****ing Kel Tec. They should know better. :rolleyes:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, how DARE a gunmaker give us MORE options for concealable pistols with different designs than a Glock or (God forbid) a ****ing Kel Tec. They should know better. :rolleyes:

I agree. It's terrible. I thought I had finally waded through all the offerings and now they come out with another. So I will have to wait to check out this one. Geesh!:)

Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    Looks interesting, the price point seems to be very good too. Hopefully when it comes to mass production the quality is still the same as the 8 hand picked firearms that they had laid out for the testers.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Top Bottom