• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If it's proven that Allen committed these murders, the question asked would have to be: WTAF would this guy get up one day and become a brutal double killer? Crazy cannot be rationalized but a man with no criminal background, stable life with job, wife and child, considered mild mannered and normal by all that know him, makes a leap from sane to homicidal maniac, only to return to his normal life thereafter??? I just cannot imagine the psychology of it all. It's hard to believe it's possible.
    It means he has been doing this for awhile and never got caught. Like Wabash's Larry Hall and so many others. Blend right in and don't ever draw attention......monsters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It means he has been doing this for awhile and never got caught. Like Wabash's Larry Hall and so many others. Blend right in and don't ever draw attention......monsters
    That does seem like the only possibility that could make sense of the very few facts known. Maybe additional facts will become public and help explain the 'why'. Because as it stands, if he is in fact proven to be the monster, it's on a level of evil that should scare the **** out of everybody.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    If it's proven that Allen committed these murders, the question asked would have to be: WTAF would this guy get up one day and become
    Good question.
    The FBI affidavit for the search warrant states there was large amount of blood loss, something, probably items of clothing, were taken and the bodies were moved and may have been 'staged'. It speculates this could be souvenir taking and perhaps for photos.
    The perpetrator had the confidence to attack two victims simultaneously and to do so in a public place during daylight hours.

Some of this behavior is common to serial killers and in general strikes me as someone who has likely killed before. Yet we have a suspect who has a clean criminal record and no reported deviant behavior. For Allen to have done this as a first kill would be unusual but not unheard of. Dennis Rader comes to mind (BTK killer). An upstanding and long time member of the community yet a serial killer in his spare time.

I'm trying to keep an open mind and waiting to see what happens in court. I assume there are good reasons for keeping the information sealed and I'm glad they're working hard to protect their case.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Some of this behavior is common to serial killers and in general strikes me as someone who has likely killed before.
    I completely agree. I think there are several examples of serial killers who lead rather mundane life, aside from their killing. I would think it would be a total mind **** for people who were near him, wife, family, neighbors. I can't imagine finding out the guy next door that I've loaned a wrench to and drank a beer with was later proven to be a serial killer. This case had so many impressive clues released, and I assume even greater number of clues withheld. Pictures, voice captures, untold evidence not released, yet it took 5 years to get any real movement. It must be terribly sad and frustrating for the victim's family. Probably equally frustrating for the authorities pursuing the case. My hope is it will be a solid case the dispels any reasonable doubt.

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    I never remember a case kept so hush hush. I hope this method is what finally caught the guy after 5 years. Will we ever know exactly what happened? Or, do we really want to know?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How do the public defenders get chosen in a case like this? Is it random from a pool of potential candidates?
    I don't think its necessarily random, but there is a list of attorneys willing to take court-appointed cases. Most places do not have full-time public defenders. That's more of a big city thing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Question, did you have any idea that either of these other two were on the list? And how common is it to pick an attorney from several counties away? The one is from Cass Co, understandable. But I believe the other is based around Indy.
    That does seem like the only possibility that could make sense of the very few facts known. Maybe additional facts will become public and help explain the 'why'. Because as it stands, if he is in fact proven to be the monster, it's on a level of evil that should scare the **** out of everybody.
    Yeah, I agree. Per a "police source" he went up to a conservation officer the day of the killings and told him that he was on the bridge but didn't see the girls. If he did kill them he was IMO either trying to push suspicion off of himself in case he was seen/or knew he had been. Or just taunting. Either way to do that and act normal takes I don't know what.
    Does the prosecution have any input into who is appointed?
    I don't know but I sure the hell hope not.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Does the court system solicit a handful of attorneys on the list and wait for a taker?
    Different things can happen. In a case like this, the Court will be very interested in making sure that the defendant has adequate representation. The Court always wants there to be competent representation, but handling a first time DUI is different from potential capital murder.

I don't know what happened here, but the Court may ask specific attorneys to take a given case. On less serious cases, there may be a "next person in line" situation. Like I said, however, the attorney has to be competent for what he or she has to defend.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it's proven that Allen committed these murders, the question asked would have to be: WTAF would this guy get up one day and become a brutal double killer? Crazy cannot be rationalized but a man with no criminal background, stable life with job, wife and child, considered mild mannered and normal by all that know him, makes a leap from sane to homicidal maniac, only to return to his normal life thereafter??? I just cannot imagine the psychology of it all. It's hard to believe it's possible.
    Maybe this is the only time he got caught? There are lots of unsolved murders out there. :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Different things can happen. In a case like this, the Court will be very interested in making sure that the defendant has adequate representation. The Court always wants there to be competent representation, but handling a first time DUI is different from potential capital murder.

I don't know what happened here, but the Court may ask specific attorneys to take a given case. On less serious cases, there may be a "next person in line" situation. Like I said, however, the attorney has to be competent for what he or she has to defend.
    I was doing some reading and what is considered the minimum to handle a murder case as a PD seems like a pretty low bar to me. 3 yrs of criminal litigation experience, and 3 level 5 or higher felonies tried to completion. If I was being charged with murder I'd like a bit more experience than that. But :dunno:.

ETA And the pay scale for a public defender seems like it might be a bit low. $90 per hr for a non capital case and $129 for a capital. Goes to $100/136 Jan 1st though. But then again with billing you can figure what 3x that :):?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was doing some reading and what is considered the minimum to handle a murder case as a PD seems like a pretty low bar to me. 3 yrs of criminal litigation experience, and 3 level 5 or higher felonies tried to completion. If I was being charged with murder I'd like a bit more experience than that. But :dunno:.

ETA And the pay scale for a public defender seems like it might be a bit low. $90 per hr for a non capital case and $129 for a capital. Goes to $100/136 Jan 1st though. But then again with billing you can figure what 3x that :):?
    I would want more experience than that too and I think most judges do as well....but I've learned from John Grisham novels that experience is underrated if you are determined enough.

All I'll say is that is kinda low....but as long as competent defense attorneys are willing to work for it....

Top Bottom