• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Well fair is fair. He needs representation. Even if he intends to cooperate fully he should still have someone.

Nothing has been proven yet. In fact nothing has even been alleged publicly in any detail beyond "we think he did it". Yes I know everyone thinks they wouldn't have arrested him if they didn't have something big and that's probably true, but lets wait and see.
    Yeah, sorry. I just was venting instead of thinking it out clearly.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I hope you're never on a jury. Good Lord.
    I can't say I'd disagree with you on that, especially on the jury for this guy. I'm admittedly biased. I was roommates with Libertys parents when she was born and helped out when I could before I moved. I stayed in touch and watched her grow.
    I should've kept my mouth shut to begin with today. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Thank you HoughMade for the info

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I can't say I'd disagree with you on that, especially on the jury for this guy. I'm admittedly biased. I was roommates with Libertys parents when she was born and helped out when I could before I moved. I stayed in touch and watched her grow.
    I should've kept my mouth shut to begin with today. I apologize if I offended anyone.

That is very close to this. I better understand your position now. I just hope that if the accused did the crime the authorities have the evidence to prove it. So far the state has been reluctant to offer probable cause. And the charges seem peculiar if they in fact have him dead to rights. Time will tell, but I'm guessing there is strong evidence.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That is very close to this. I better understand your position now. I just hope that if the accused did the crime the authorities have the evidence to prove it. So far the state has been reluctant to offer probable cause. And the charges seem peculiar if they in fact have him dead to rights. Time will tell, but I'm guessing there is strong evidence.
    Rank and rampant speculation on my part. Nothing to back it up, just a guess.

I wonder is there's some possibility of another person being charged for something like a cover up or destroying evidence and they are not ready to file that charge yet.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    From my (very) limited knowledge of the charges, under what he is charged with they don't have to prove premeditation. Just that they died in the commission of one of the felonies listed.

Rank and rampant speculation on my part. Nothing to back it up, just a guess.

I wonder is there's some possibility of another person being charged for something like a cover up or destroying evidence and they are not ready to file that charge yet.
    I wonder that as well. They may be hoping/planning that he'll testify in exchange for a plea agreement, even just taking the death penalty off the table.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Sorry for your loss brother. I cannot imagine the hurt and anger you must carry.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ISP can't win. First people were pissed that it took 5 years to make an arrest, now people are questioning whether they arrested the correct person.
    I took his statement as a generality regarding prosecutors and the machine and whether it is competent. You know, like all the cases turning up where prosecutors hid or fabricated evidence, etc that allowed them to get the conviction, only to have it overturned decades later.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I took his statement as a generality regarding prosecutors and the machine and whether it is competent. You know, like all the cases turning up where prosecutors hid or fabricated evidence, etc that allowed them to get the conviction, only to have it overturned decades later.
    The case hasn't even gone to trial, so that doesn't apply to this instance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The case hasn't even gone to trial, so that doesn't apply to this instance.
    but isnt the prosecutor that ultimately decides whether it gets charged?

Either way, I dont see THIS one as somebody throwing LEO under the bus this time. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic?

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    ISP can't win. First people were pissed that it took 5 years to make an arrest, now people are questioning whether they arrested the correct person.
    I was pissed but not at the ISP, DPD, or the FBI but the situation. To add to that, I don't blindly trust anyone but I do believe that they have the guy in the colored wanted picture. Do I believe he is the only person involved? No I don't.

Reactions: Mij

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm merely pointing out, that EVERYONE gets a defense.
    Whether we like the accused, or not.

Are ALL of the accused guilty, or are they all innocent?
    No.
    So, theoretically, the court system is supposed to find out.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Sorry for your loss brother. I cannot imagine the hurt and anger you must carry.
    bcannon, so very sorry for your and the family's loss.
    While I appreciate your sentiments I ask you to keep your prayers and positive energy focused on the families of Libby and Abby as they are the ones most in need of them. I ask that you also direct your positive energy towards the authorities, they are doing the best job they can.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    but isnt the prosecutor that ultimately decides whether it gets charged?

Either way, I dont see THIS one as somebody throwing LEO under the bus this time. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic?
    He has been charged. No evidence has been presented (or witheld). I didn't say ISP was being thrown under the bus. I remarked that people bitched it took 5 years to make an arrest, and now it is being questioned that the correct person was arrested.

Top Bottom