• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    BTW, just when my feelings toward Trump were starting to get warm and fuzzy... a little... around the edges, it looks like Ben Carson coughed up an email list that I was on.

Got this email purportedly from Donald J. Trump, asking for money. Looks legit. It included this little bit of civic ineptitude:

And, with your immediate donation, the American people can finally do in November what the Federal authorities have been unable or unwilling to do:

INDICT HILLARY CLINTON AND FIND HER GUILTY OF ALL CHARGES

Yes. He is straightforwardly asking for the "American people" to indict HRC and find her guilty.

This stuff doesn't make any sense. And yet, it doesn't seem to matter.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    BTW, just when my feelings toward Trump were starting to get warm and fuzzy... a little... around the edges, it looks like Ben Carson coughed up an email list that I was on.

Got this email purportedly from Donald J. Trump, asking for money. Looks legit. It included this little bit of civic ineptitude:

Yes. He is straightforwardly asking for the "American people" to indict HRC and find her guilty.

I'm confused again.
    Are you saying this is a bad thing? :dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    13585163_10153909898121919_938802245357488228_o.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Oh yes....Obviously the logical, serious candidate is Gary Johnson....

[video=youtube;jXux37wzQeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXux37wzQeQ[/video]

"Look at me uncle Jed!!! I'm like one of them thar rock stars...Whoop!!!! Whoop!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! These har younguns dun thank I'm logical...By golly they even quoting science fiction authors....That thar means they dun thank I'm serious!!!!!!!"

Because nothing says serious like a 60 year old man acting like a drunken frat boy pandering to hipsters...

You want the Libertarian Party to be taken seriously???? Nominate a serious candidate....There are many of us out there, myself included, that WANT to vote Libertarian....For that to happen you all have to get us a serious candidate...Take back the Libertarian Party from rehashed (no pun intended) failed Republicans...Surely to God you all can do better than this...Please...

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We need Pence right here, not running with Trump.

Like the idea of Clinton/Greg victories in November? A lot of you are not old enough to remember Bill Clinton in the white house with Evan Bayh in the governor's chair. It took us decades to roll back the stupid created by that combo, some of it's still here.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I would interpret as attempting to metaphorically make the connection that electing Trump is a complete indictment of all things Hitlery.

But isn't the order of operations off? Don't we need to actually bring charges against Hitlery before she can be indicted and try her before she can be found guilty?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Oh yes....Obviously the logical, serious candidate is Gary Johnson....

"Look at me uncle Jed!!! I'm like one of them thar rock stars...Whoop!!!! Whoop!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! These har younguns dun thank I'm logical...By golly they even quoting science fiction authors....That thar means they dun thank I'm serious!!!!!!!"

Because nothing says serious like a 60 year old man acting like a drunken frat boy pandering to hipsters...

You want the Libertarian Party to be taken seriously???? Nominate a serious candidate....There are many of us out there, myself included, that WANT to vote Libertarian....For that to happen you all have to get us a serious candidate...Take back the Libertarian Party from rehashed (no pun intended) failed Republicans...Surely to God you all can do better than this...Please...

What exactly about Gary Johnsons stint as governor makes him a failed Republican?

Not everyone can be as serious a candidate as Trump

[video=youtube;MMKFIHRpe7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKFIHRpe7I[/video]

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    What exactly about Gary Johnsons stint as governor makes him a failed Republican?

Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for President!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I wish I had a goofy video of Hillary at my disposal to round out this point but...Isn't it bizarre that out of 340 MM people and THESE are the best we can get to step forward to lead our country. I know that's been said before but here we can accompany it with video support.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Too brown for meet in greet, lol. I wonder if he'll vote for Trump now?

He's a "rising" leader in the Party. I'm not sure he has a choice. If Trump loses, he can at least say he voted for him and still look like a team player. I'm not sure where the "sellout" line is drawn here, but I know it's hard for him.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Regarding "failed Republican" I was more concerned with the "rehashed" Republican part so point taken...

Gary Johnson is a poor candidate. As an intellectually honest Libertarian leaning person I want the Libertarian Party to quit rehashing former Republicans/Democrats (However, to show my lack of consistency in this regard I do think James Webb would have been a MUCH better choice....)Regarding the video comparison here is my take...One guy did his thing on National TV during what I am sure was a promotional gig to promote...Well...Himself and his business...As an American and a small business owner I admire self promotion...

On the other hand I saw crowd surfing in a room full of hipsters a pathetic attempt to show them he was "cool"...Whenever I see someone my senior sucking up to twenty somethings to appear "hip" it gets my goat...He wasn't trying to promote himself or his candidacy as he has their votes....Libertarians can be as bad as a yellow dog Democrats in that regard...They don't care who they run as long as he has got the big "L" in front of his name they will march lock step in line.....He had their votes, no need to go all Lady Ga Ga to get them....

My support of Trump is based on, in no particular order...

He's never been a politician..
    He called reporters "sleazes"
    He has a life size portrait of himself in Florida in his tennis outfit (To me that's so American it makes my heart swell...New Rich mocking Eurotrash dynasties is funny as hell to me..)
    He's everything Europeans hate about Americans..
    He's loud, abrasive, successful, and marries beautiful women from the East Bloc (and like a cousin of mine all of his ex wives love him...)
    He put his daughter in charge of his business rather than his oldest son because she's just better at it...
    He's willing to pull back the political curtain the Republicans, Democrats, Media, Globalists, have been hiding behind MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! (And I'm old :))
    He was the underdog..I'm an American...I love come behind underdog stories..

And last but not least..I love good political TV....The debates between him and Hillary promise to be a mud slinging brawl like the world has never seen...I am so excited it hurts my feelings...

And that's it....I like the fact that people hate him....He's had more death threats than any candidate ever...He must be doing something right...

IMHO of course.....Thanks for the thoughtful response former me....:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He's a "rising" leader in the Party. I'm not sure he has a choice. If Trump loses, he can at least say he voted for him and still look like a team player. I'm not sure where the "sellout" line is drawn here, but I know it's hard for him.

In the interest of fairness...

The AJC received this from McNeely:

“Last week, an event staffer and I had a discussion about room access. Security surrounding a Presidential candidate being what it is, he couldn’t relent from protocol and I left the building. There were no ill feelings. We’re looking forward to defeating Hillary Clinton and working together to elect Donald Trump as the next president of the United States. Efforts made by the media to question our unity is nonsense and has no basis in fact.”

So on the surface, there's a valid excuse, straight from the man's mouth. Unfortunately, it's difficult to believe. I've been to events with national politicians before, and they are pretty anal about having a list concerning who gets in. Further, this guy is a part of Georgia's GOP. If he wants his star to continue to rise, the last thing he wants is to be the cause of a negative story surrounding Trump.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    In the interest of fairness...

The AJC received this from McNeely:

So on the surface, there's a valid excuse, straight from the man's mouth. Unfortunately, it's difficult to believe. I've been to events with national politicians before, and they are pretty anal about having a list concerning who gets in. Further, this guy is a part of Georgia's GOP. If he wants his star to continue to rise, the last thing he wants is to be the cause of a negative story surrounding Trump.

That is complete BULL! It wasn't like he was just trying to go backstage. It was an event where others from the GOP were going back and they stopped him. It was said the room was full, but they still let people in, even after they stopped him. Still, like I said, he has to tow the line or find himself without support, which has happened before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is complete BULL! It wasn't like he was just trying to go backstage. It was an event where others from the GOP were going back and they stopped him. It was said the room was full, but they still let people in, even after they stopped him. Still, like I said, he has to tow the line or find himself without support, which has happened before.

I'm not disagreeing... he's a black Republican from Georgia, he knows not to rock the boat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom