• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It is noteworthy because there were so many candidates for one. The point is that they were not you standard R lever pullers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It is noteworthy because there were so many candidates for one. The point is that they were not you standard R lever pullers.

Ah gotcha, then it probably makes sense to you, that Trump also holds the record most people voting against too. He won/lost on both ends of the spectrum.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Which goes back to the question of how many crossed the aisle, and what were their intentions.

Not enough information to know. Good numbers may have very well crossed the aisle to vote for and against Trump. And for both types of votes, their logic may have been sincere support for/against, or an attempt to "cook the books," to give their personal choice a better chance. People here, have admitted to doing as much when considering HRC.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    For the first time in my life I am seriously considering NOT voting Republican.
    I am leaning toward the Libertarian candidates in a big way, and I'm pretty sure they can't win.

Proper credit to Trump and Bernie in that they have struck a nerve in the American people.

If not to win, I think there is a good chance to get a third party recognized as a player, which might not payoff in this election cycle, but would be a solid long term investment.

Between the Republicans and Dems with the major media cheerleaders leading the country by the nose,
    I feel like I've been offered the choice between a punch in the nose or a kick in the crotch.
    I'd like to have and I think it is time for another option.

I would have been had they nominated Andersen instead of Johnson again. With Johnson, I'll likely get all the same stuff I'd get with Hillary or Trump...with any of the 3, I'll get more decline in religious liberty and more of the "socially liberal" stuff crammed down my throat, all without the smaller government part Johnson mentions when he gets far enough down his list. No thanks. Not this time. When they get a person that is pro-liberty and pro-Constitution, I'll reconsider.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not to worry, no way those liberal Supreme Court judges can outlive us.
    rolleyesedit.gif

If I thought Trump would shake the bushes for original intent judges and then use whatever political capital it took to get them confirmed, I'd hold my nose and vote for him despite his other glaring short comings. But let's face it. Even half-way conservative presidents are lucky to bat .500 when it comes to judges. They just don't have the stomach for the fight with the dems or they get fooled...or they really don't care. I'm not sure which; could be all three. But the democrats bat 1.000 with their selections and they now have a solid judicial/legislative voting block there because they just win at this. What makes anyone sure Trump even knows what a "good" justice would look like, much less care all that much? I really don't think that's an issue that's driving him.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I see no reason to bully or attempt to shame a person due to their decision NOT to vote for a particular person. You like Trump, fine. Don't try to force you voting logic on anyone else.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This....

Kut is right...

I come on here every day and there is a plethora of folks that are not going to vote for Trump (and will remind us at least three times a day, lest we forget) but that is NO REASON to blame them if Trump loses....The job of a politician is to get people to vote for him/her....If someone DOES NOT vote for him/her it is on the politician...NOT the voters who could not be swayed....

I am a Trump supporter.....But MANY folks that I like and admire (some have even crossed over the line into a true friendships) are not....I do not blame them for not voting for Trump.....If Trump does not get their vote that is on Trump.....

I was pretty confident that Trump is going to win...The Brexit vote has confirmed my belief as to where things are going...Trump is going to be our President...If he does not become President one thing I am NOT going to do is berate GFGT, Kut, BBI, etc....Because my guy could not make his case....I have faith in these gentlemen...I KNOW they are honest, consistent, good hearted people whom I respect.....

Good people can disagree without casting blame on others....I have the same (maybe more) respect for the folks NOT voting for Trump as the ones "holding their noses" and voting for Trump...

IMHO...Sorry guys if I am sounding like a stupid hippie....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^This....

Kut is right...

I come on here every day and there is a plethora of folks that are not going to vote for Trump (and will remind us at least three times a day, lest we forget) but that is NO REASON to blame them if Trump loses....The job of a politician is to get people to vote for him/her....If someone DOES NOT vote for him/her it is on the politician...NOT the voters who could not be swayed....

I am a Trump supporter.....But MANY folks that I like and admire (some have even crossed over the line into a true friendships) are not....I do not blame them for not voting for Trump.....If Trump does not get their vote that is on Trump.....

I was pretty confident that Trump is going to win...The Brexit vote has confirmed my belief as to where things are going...Trump is going to be our President...If he does not become President one thing I am NOT going to do is berate GFGT, Kut, BBI, etc....Because my guy could not make his case....I have faith in these gentlemen...I KNOW they are honest, consistent, good hearted people whom I respect.....

Good people can disagree without casting blame on others....I have the same (maybe more) respect for the folks NOT voting for Trump as the ones "holding their noses" and voting for Trump...

IMHO...Sorry guys if I am sounding like a stupid hippie....

Likewise, I just need to convince you to make better voting decisions, lol

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    :rolleyes: Please explain how it doesn't.
    You want me to explain how voting in Indiana does not affect votes in Florida? Basically, you want to understand the Electoral College.

Ok. Here's the simplest way I can explain it:
    - Each state has a certain number of votes for president, basically based on population. These are called Electoral Votes.
    - Indiana has 11 Electoral Votes. Whichever presidential candidate gets the most individual votes in Indiana wins all 11 of the Electoral Votes.
    - Each state has Electoral Votes, some have more, some have less.
    - A voter in Indiana is not technically allowed to vote in any other state. It probably happens, but isn't supposed to.
    - After the election, each state sends a delegation of people to vote in the Electoral College, where they say which candidate will get that state's Electoral Votes.

So, whichever candidate wins by 1 vote or 100k votes, that candidate will get all 11 of Indiana's Electoral Votes. Based on the primary results (as sketched out above), and polling (none recent, that I'm familiar with), Trump will win and win big.

When Trump wins Indiana, he will only get 11 Electoral Votes from us. If he wins by 100k, it is still only 11 Electoral Votes.

It isn't like he can take 50k of Indiana's voters and apply those votes to Florida.

In a very real way, at this point, Trump could lose 200k Indiana voters and still win Indiana. So, the most you or any other INGO member can do is help him get those 11 votes. Good for you if that's what you want to do.

But not voting for Trump in Indiana creates a statistically irrelevant change in his margin of victory. It will not change HRC's chances of winning Indiana.

Of course polling helps folks form their opinions of how to vote. Most folks will only vote when they believe they are helping to pick the winner.

Ah, perhaps this is the problem. You do know that voting and polling are 2 different things, right? When you respond to a poll, that isn't actually voting.

If you are conflating the two, then it makes sense. Even so, if I am polled, and express dislike for both Trump and HRC, then it is a net-zero impact on the poll. Which means - even under your assertion - it won't influence anyone to vote for HRC.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Likewise, I just need to convince you to make better voting decisions, lol

This may sound crazy Kut (I know, you're shocked :)) but I want to see exactly what's in that snowglobe....Sometimes one has to pick up that snow globe that's been sitting in the curio gathering dust for the past thirty years and shake the ^%& out of that SOB...Just to see what's under those plastic snowflakes...I believe that Trump is the best option I have seen in my lifetime to make that happen....If Johnson wasn't the Libertarian candidate I could vote that way IF I thought they had a chance of winning...I am now over 50 years old....This may be my last opportunity to see the snow globe shook up and I am going for it full throttle...

THAT is the reason for my voting decision...I hope you can respect that brother....:ingo:

s-l225.jpg

il_570xN.502566239_5geu.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You want me to explain how voting in Indiana does not affect votes in Florida? Basically, you want to understand the Electoral College.

Ok. Here's the simplest way I can explain it:
    - Each state has a certain number of votes for president, basically based on population. These are called Electoral Votes.
    - Indiana has 11 Electoral Votes. Whichever presidential candidate gets the most individual votes in Indiana wins all 11 of the Electoral Votes.
    - Each state has Electoral Votes, some have more, some have less.
    - A voter in Indiana is not technically allowed to vote in any other state. It probably happens, but isn't supposed to.
    - After the election, each state sends a delegation of people to vote in the Electoral College, where they say which candidate will get that state's Electoral Votes.

So, whichever candidate wins by 1 vote or 100k votes, that candidate will get all 11 of Indiana's Electoral Votes. Based on the primary results (as sketched out above), and polling (none recent, that I'm familiar with), Trump will win and win big.

When Trump wins Indiana, he will only get 11 Electoral Votes from us. If he wins by 100k, it is still only 11 Electoral Votes.

It isn't like he can take 50k of Indiana's voters and apply those votes to Florida.

In a very real way, at this point, Trump could lose 200k Indiana voters and still win Indiana. So, the most you or any other INGO member can do is help him get those 11 votes. Good for you if that's what you want to do.

But not voting for Trump in Indiana creates a statistically irrelevant change in his margin of victory. It will not change HRC's chances of winning Indiana.

Ah, perhaps this is the problem. You do know that voting and polling are 2 different things, right? When you respond to a poll, that isn't actually voting.

If you are conflating the two, then it makes sense. Even so, if I am polled, and express dislike for both Trump and HRC, then it is a net-zero impact on the poll. Which means - even under your assertion - it won't influence anyone to vote for HRC.

What with all this voting logic mumbo-jumbo? If you want to hand over the state to Hitlery, just say so.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This may sound crazy Kut (I know, you're shocked :)) but I want to see exactly what's behind the curtain....Sometimes one has to pick up that snow globe that's been sitting in the curio gathering dust for the past thirty years and shake the ^%& out of that SOB...Just to see what's behind those flakes...I believe that Trump is the best option I have seen in my lifetime to make that happen....If Johnson wasn't the Libertarian candidate I could vote that way IF I thought they had a chance of winning...I am now over 50 years old....This may be my last opportunity to see the snow globe shook and I am going for it full throttle...

THAT is the reason for my voting decision...I hope you can respect that brother....:ingo:

Actually, I kinda want to see that too. But Trump has given rise to some very nasty forces, and I don't think overall he'd be a benefit to the country.
    One thing, I want to do now. Here's my disclaimer. I made reference to not gloating when other members are wrong (and that's true). But if Trump loses, I'm telling you now, I'm going to gloat. I'm going to buy me a swimming pool, and fill it with Trumpster tears. Nobody supports HRC, so I can't exactly gloat about that here.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Actually, I kinda want to see that too. But Trump has given rise to some very nasty forces, and I don't think overall he'd be a benefit to the country.
    One thing, I want to do now. Here's my disclaimer. I made reference to not gloating when other members are wrong (and that's true). But if Trump loses, I'm telling you now, I'm going to gloat. I'm going to buy me a swimming pool, and fill it with Trumpster tears. Nobody supports HRC, so I can't exactly gloat about that here.

There were 3 or 4 votes for hitlary in the "who will you vote for" thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom