• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I didn't even notice it over the weekend, but...

Trump backtracks on guns-in-clubs statement - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

A day after the attack, he told radio host Howie Carr: "It's too bad that some of the young people that were killed over the weekend didn't have guns, you know, attached to their hips, frankly, and you know where bullets could have flown in the opposite direction, Howie. It would have been a much different deal. I mean, it sounded like there were no guns. They had a security guard. Other than that there were no guns in the room. Had people been able to fire back, it would have been a much different outcome."
    Trump had repeated his suggestion at rallies across the country last week. In Atlanta he said the carnage would have been lessened if "some of those great people that were in that club that night had guns strapped to their waist or strapped to their ankle."
    His statements were a step too far for the National Rifle Association, a powerful lobby for armed self-defense and broad permissions to carry weapons. "No one thinks that people should go into a nightclub drinking and carrying firearms," the NRA's chief lobbyist, Chris Cox, told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday. "That defies common sense. It also defies the law."

BTW, another reason the NRA isn't as good as they think they are.

But then, Trump backs away:
    The presumptive Republican presidential nominee tweeted Monday that he was "obviously talking about additional guards or employees" of the Florida nightclub when he spoke about the value of having more people armed to challenge the gunman.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For indiucky

Meant to drop this back around #2326 when we were discussing more meaningful things like sand creek, wounded knee and the ghost dance

Apologies if you're already familiar with it. Based on a chant

[video=youtube;MjvoLxeEdiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjvoLxeEdiM[/video]

Angst ridden female mainstay of the 70's NYC punk scene singing a song about the Ghost Dance???? What's not to love????

Thanks for the post...I was not familiar with the song but it is in my head now...Haunting......I remember watching Waco burn on live TV and all I could think of was history repeats itself....

I heard Ben Nighthorse Campbell once say that the lovers of Liberty are the natives now and if we think they won't try to tame and civilize us we need to talk to a native....

Boone got thrown out of Kentucky in about 1790 and it is said that when the Shawnee (who had been thrown out of Ohio and Indiana) would come to meet with him in Missouri at his cabin and talk about the old days, (when Boone was captured and adopted by them), the Shawnee would say to Boone, "We told you they couldn't be trusted and would run you off of your land...You should have stayed with us Sheltowhee..." And they said Boone would respond with a chuckle and say, "You were right brothers and sisters...You were right..."

Boone gets a bad wrap.....You would be hard pressed to find a native that if they didn't love him, they at least respected him...We mythologized Boone into this Indian fighting warrior but the truth is he truly kept a Quaker attitude...He lost two sons, a brother and a brother in law to the natives but never seemed to get into that blind racial hatred that afflicted men like Lewis Wetzel and Jacob Greathouse...

Thanks again for the post Bug...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't even notice it over the weekend, but...

Trump backtracks on guns-in-clubs statement - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

BTW, another reason the NRA isn't as good as they think they are.

But then, Trump backs away:

You either believe a person should have the right to carry and protect themselves, or you don't. You either believe citizens carrying firearms can protect themselves or you don't. People who believe in something generally are pretty consistent in what they say about that something.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You either believe a person should have the right to carry and protect themselves, or you don't. You either believe citizens carrying firearms can protect themselves or you don't. People who believe in something generally are pretty consistent in what they say about that something.

Like Hillary.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, but let's try to focus on Trump and keep the NRA confined to different threads. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Happy???

So you are happy for Hillary then?

Interesting post on a gun forum...

Why would you think that? G has been simply preaching that Trump shouldn't be the nominee. Turns out he's right. But that's what we're stuck with now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Some happy news about Mr. Trump's campaign finances and money-handling has come out today

It's no longer a theory. Trump intends to lose.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16-general-election-thread-6.html#post6590562

Wow...I like him and I hope he is not too disappointed when he wins...

I swear sometimes I think Hillary and I are the only people that know he's got it in the bag...Throw me some rep gp the day after the election for my awesome ability to read the mindset of the American voter...:)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why would you think that? G has been simply preaching that Trump shouldn't be the nominee. Turns out he's right. But that's what we're stuck with now.

This only accounts for money. It does not account for the amount of free exposure he gets which is unprecedented in presidential politics thus requiring far less spending on his part to get the same work done that Hillary is having to pay so much more to receive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow...I like him and I hope he is not too disappointed when he wins...

I swear sometimes I think Hillary and I are the only people that know he's got it in the bag...Throw me some rep gp the day after the election for my awesome ability to read the mindset of the American voter...:)

My friend, I think you're reading the mindset of perhaps 1/3 of the voters. They don't all have the same mindset.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My friend, I think you're reading the mindset of perhaps 1/3 of the voters. They don't all have the same mindset.

But what a rainbow of diversity that 1/3 is.....

He's really going to be President Jamil...That I know...I am done worrying whether he will win but whether he will pull the curtain back far enough so we can see how corrupt the sysetm has become.....The system needed Trump...If only to show we are still in charge...Maybe he is not the ideal candidate...I don't know...But I do think he is right for this moment in time.....When he called that reporter a "sleaze" I got choked up...I have been waiting for a candidate to do that my whole life....

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Really? You think he's "right for this moment in time?" A guy who the NRA endorsed and then, not too long later, had to publicly rebuke when he doubled down on the notion that the government should be able to take 2A rights away without due process? A guy who wants to impose a huge import tariff that will more likely than not cause a recession? A guy who has praised Planned Parenthood as recently as a few months ago?

If you think Trump is going to peel back the curtain on corruption, you are sadly mistaken. His whole life's history tells us he's going to take that corruption to a new level--and probably kick our 2A rights in the teeth while he's at it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some of you may have seen Trump's star at Hollywood was vandalized. Here's how they did it

Spraypaint in a pizza box with the cutout on bottom. Not exactly inconspicuous.

b9qS36A.jpg

qFvPCXs.gif

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Some of you may have seen Trump's star at Hollywood was vandalized. Here's how they did it

Spraypaint in a pizza box with the cutout on bottom. Not exactly inconspicuous.

The message being silence Donald Trump. Goes along with the kill Donald Trump and attack his supporters messages.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But what a rainbow of diversity that 1/3 is.....

He's really going to be President Jamil...That I know...I am done worrying whether he will win but whether he will pull the curtain back far enough so we can see how corrupt the sysetm has become.....The system needed Trump...If only to show we are still in charge...Maybe he is not the ideal candidate...I don't know...But I do think he is right for this moment in time.....When he called that reporter a "sleaze" I got choked up...I have been waiting for a candidate to do that my whole life....

I'll be there to console you when he loses.

And, we're not in charge. It's impossible for 320 million people to be in charge of anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom