• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good thing I see both as adversaries.

First, I don't see freedom of speech lasting very long without the other. Second, I don't see politicians most likely to support "social justice" as great defenders of free speech. On the contrary, they're typically quite opposed to it.

American Colonists, at the outbreak of the Revolutionary War, didn't need to go down to their local general store to pick up a musket. They already had them in their possession. What inspired them to take up arms, was the words of a few enlightened individuals, men who understood the concept of rights. Had we not been fortunate to have some of the greatest minds of enlightenment in the colonies, no one would have ever recognized the abuses they were subject too. And they would have happily continued to comply.... with their rifles safely above their fireplaces.

History is full of such instances. The passing of ideas is the bedrock of revolution, not weapons. This has been seen in Poland, Germany, India, The Baltics, and in the United States - numerous times. And the instances where violent means have been used, more often than not, the replacing regime is just as tyrannical.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    American Colonists, at the outbreak of the Revolutionary War, didn't need to go down to their local general store to pick up a musket. They already had them in their possession. What inspired them to take up arms, was the words of a few enlightened individuals, men who understood the concept of rights. Had we not been fortunate to have some of the greatest minds of enlightenment in the colonies, no one would have ever recognized the abuses they were subject too. And they would have happily continued to comply.... with their rifles safely above their fireplaces.

History is full of such instances. The passing of ideas is the bedrock of revolution, not weapons. This has been seen in Poland, Germany, India, The Baltics, and in the United States - numerous times. And the instances where violent means have been used, more often than not, the replacing regime is just as tyrannical.

Karl Marx. It cuts both ways. Our forefathers revolted with arms to secure the liberty they read about. They gave their posterity that gift. How long can we keep it? Can we defend it without arms?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Karl Marx. It cuts both ways. Our forefathers revolted with arms to secure the liberty they read about. They gave their posterity that gift. How long can we keep it? Can we defend it without arms?

And it has obviously been forgotten, when once can justify the denial of ANY right to any American.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And it has obviously been forgotten, when once can justify the denial of ANY right to any American.

What can I say? Society sucks. It's full of people who want the rights they use protected, and don't give a **** about the rights they don't use.

We're given a choice in this election between two people. That IS the choice. There is no realistic tertiary option. As it stands now, I'm taking the position that I'll probably go with Trump because I know the rights that will be trampled by Hillary, and it's not just the 2nd amendment. Trump's a question mark. So I'm going with the unknown evil rather than the known evil, fully admitting that I'm taking a big chance.

That said, there's a limit to my pragmatism. Trump has almost reached it. If he keeps this **** up I might throw my vote away for the 3rd party douchebag over the bigoted swindler republican and the master criminal democrat.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So what about these new polls that show Clinton now way ahead of Trump…..? Even FOX is reporting Trump is losing big and every head line says nothing but bad about Trump…….? We know the Media is against Trump, and we know the GOP and its elects are against him….so are they both pushing this agenda? It looks like Hillary would win by a landslide….but I think its all smoke and mirrors to get rid of Trump, one last effort. I think if election was held today Trump would take it easy….anyone else….or should I start to believe the media? Of course I once read many years ago some pastor from Indiana, can't remember who,... said he saw a vision of America collapse, he saw cars that were kinda egg shaped and seemed to drive themselves, and California was wiped out by earthquakes, and a woman was POTUS…..he told this sometime in the 40's I believe. Oh happy days.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Frankly, more media coverage that makes HRC appear unbeatable, the more energized people will be for Trump. Cynically, I think it is just another way to get more coverage overall. Trump will have to say outlandish things, that will then drive more eyeballs.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got a phone call from RNC asking for money to support Trump.... she sounded a lot like INGO members, to be honest.

Gave me a really cheesy line about not wanting to wake up after election day and have "crooked Hillary" in the White House... told stories about how she supported rapists and whatnot... told me about how we're going to MAGA, and build a wall, and ....

It was a very awkward break-up call. She kept asking "Why? We had your support before, and we'd love for you to support us again..."

Just said, "It's the candidate." She told me I'm supporting Hillary, and I hung up.

Again, RNC... It's not me, it's you.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just got a phone call from RNC asking for money to support Trump.... she sounded a lot like INGO members, to be honest.

Gave me a really cheesy line about not wanting to wake up after election day and have "crooked Hillary" in the White House... told stories about how she supported rapists and whatnot... told me about how we're going to MAGA, and build a wall, and ....

It was a very awkward break-up call. She kept asking "Why? We had your support before, and we'd love for you to support us again..."

Just said, "It's the candidate." She told me I'm supporting Hillary, and I hung up.

So-
    You didn't give her money? :dunno:

Why do you hate freedom again?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's not really the RNC at least not directly. They're stuck with him, and they have to try to support him. I feel like I'm stuck with him because a loud and fiercely loyal minority of the electorate voted him in due to the limitations of how we vote. That said, I wouldn't have given any money either. I'll vote for the ******* but I'm not lifting a finger to support him otherwise.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Trigger Warning [ NSFW, Language, Sarcasm, Country Acid House Rock ]

[video=youtube;6AouiZ6cNfA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AouiZ6cNfA[/video]

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Jamil has it here. Our forefathers had arms. They would not have been effective without the ideas that guided them, but on the other hand, the reason that the British attempt to seize arms sparked the revolution is that those same people with their excellent ideas also understood that rude gestures and sharp sticks are not effective tools of revolution.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I should also point out that those today who properly understand rights are generally the same people who own guns, so we are in the same situation all over again. As for prioritizing the two, it is much harder to remove the means to communicate than to capture and destroy arms, or deny acquisition thereof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, that will score points with his base, but probably won't help the public image which is hurting him most. He makes it very hard for the people who don't want to vote for Hillary vote for him instead. Hillary has the second worst likability rating since they've been keeping track, and the only reason she's going to win is because Trump is #1 in that category.

I've said since he won the nomination that I'd vote for him in November, but that is contingent on his continued support of the 2A. And his support is starting to become less clear.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For indiucky

Meant to drop this back around #2326 when we were discussing more meaningful things like sand creek, wounded knee and the ghost dance

Apologies if you're already familiar with it. Based on a chant

[video=youtube;MjvoLxeEdiM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjvoLxeEdiM[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom