• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My college speech teacher said I had a soothing tone that made people feel comfortable and came across as believable. But said I had to be careful as I could put people to sleep with my soothing tones... I took that to mean I was boring...
    You have a voice made for internet forums. :D

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sounds like like a typical Trumpism. Blame a whoe group for the actions of a few.

I kinda wonder if Trump just has a language problem. I know a lot of people who speak colloquially in absolute terms. "You never eat anything healthy" doesn't actually mean "never" to the audience, it's understood to mean not often enough. With Trump, I don't know. I don't know if he actually believes the stuff he says, or is just using more in a colloquial sense, where the people with whom he normally comminicates would understand what he means by it. I don't think he's stupid. Surely he must understand that not all in a group believe or act the same way. Or, maybe he is exactly as bigoted about everything as he sounds.

Much as I hate to admit it jamil, have you ever seen the Peter Sellers movie 'Being there'

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On the one year anniversary of Trump's announcement of his run for the presidency, his numbers are headed into the toilet. While Hillary is seeing no substantial rise in numbers, the Dildonald is dropping like a rock. Talk about a wasted vote come November.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

For what it's worth...I heard a talking head this morning say that his contacts in the beltway tell him the GOP is bracing itself for a Mondale scale blowout this fall.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For what it's worth...I heard a talking head this morning say that his contacts in the beltway tell him the GOP is bracing itself for a Mondale scale blowout this fall.

I'd say they're right on the money. The put forward virtually no-one acceptable to a majority (which the Trumpers are not) and expected to win against a machine that has the numbers to win against virtually anyone. The dems hold the lead in the swing states and those are the key. Hate to say it, but we're going to have to get used to hearing "president Clinton" again. :crying:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The anti-Trump hate is strong, despite the 2A threat by the opposition on this gun related forum. :rolleyes:

Mondale was 40 years ago. Well before Al Gore invented the Internet... ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The anti-Trump hate is strong, despite the 2A threat by the opposition on this gun related forum. :rolleyes:

Mondale was 40 years ago. Well before Al Gore invented the Internet... ;)

If I had to choose between the 2nd, and the rest of the BoRs, I'd choose the rest.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'd say they're right on the money. The put forward virtually no-one acceptable to a majority (which the Trumpers are not) and expected to win against a machine that has the numbers to win against virtually anyone. The dems hold the lead in the swing states and those are the key. Hate to say it, but we're going to have to get used to hearing "president Clinton" again. :crying:

Worse is that the blowout will probably kill us down ballot. That means we are looking at a flipped Senate and a really close House. Probably a few states as well will flip as well. I can live with "President Clinton" if we have the House and Senate. We won't get anything done, but neither will she. We lose the Senate, it is game over.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Can we define blowout?

Any comparison to Mondale is a total stretch. He won Minnesota. His home state. (Oh, and DC.)

349px-ElectoralCollege1984.svg.png

Even a random sampling of electoral projection maps shows Trump winning more than 150 EC delegates.

From the NYT:
    map2016-Artboard_1.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Worse is that the blowout will probably kill us down ballot. That means we are looking at a flipped Senate and a really close House. Probably a few states as well will flip as well. I can live with "President Clinton" if we have the House and Senate. We won't get anything done, but neither will she. We lose the Senate, it is game over.
    I suspect Obama's pen and phone will pale in comparison to hers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Without the Second standing as the implied threat that was clearly intended to be, how long do you think we would have the remainder without it?

Speech always has, and always will, in my mind surpass possession of weapons as being the more valuable right. Speech, is the traditionally the first right to disappear, after which the others fall like dominos.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or Trump's. It is just easier to fight someone when they are on the other team.

Good thing I see both as adversaries.

Speech always has, and always will, in my mind surpass possession of weapons as being the more valuable right. Speech, is the traditionally the first right to disappear, after which the others fall like dominos.

First, I don't see freedom of speech lasting very long without the other. Second, I don't see politicians most likely to support "social justice" as great defenders of free speech. On the contrary, they're typically quite opposed to it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I think this is the one I saw, I can't watch it right now.
    [video=youtube;GZpMJeynBeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZpMJeynBeg[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What's this??? No grade school sexually suggestive name for the longtime statist Hillary???

Tsk...Tsk...Tsk...

What do they call someone who cries for change and then when change finally arrives cries for the status quo?????

I tell you. Those Progressive Social Justice Libertarians loves thems some Clinton.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom