• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, clearly, I didn't spend enough time in my youth spray painting stuff to become a pro.

StreetArtNews | ?Trump Muted? by Pøbel on Hollywood Boulevard

:D

I watched the vid full screen, and he sure as heck did it. Not sure how, but I guess he knows the tricks of the trade!

Pizza box big enough for two cut outs. Speaker icon right justified, 'x' beside it. Spray on speaker design, move to the right (might need to reverse the design since a SJW couldn't 'move to the right') and paint the 'x'. Use quick drying paint

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Also look at tightly closed pizza box ( about :18 in StreetArtNews video ) thickness is about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. Diameter of that spray can is at least 3 inches without the spray handle attached. No way its in the pizza box at :18, ergo editing has been done, raw video the edit was done from likely shot by peeps in on the gig

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He's paying to rent his own plane, space in his own buildings, shoot his own house in Florida. He paid 400k to himself to rent his own house.

I am all in favor of this type of behavior. I am wondering why I shouldn't be?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Perception. He's funding his own campaign while funding his businesses as well. Not saying he's wrong but given it's Trump, a guy who has been accused of past shady dealings, it looks bad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

When I was a young boy, I remember a principle taught in Sunday schools. It went like this. Avoid even the appearance of evil. Trump claims to be a Christian. Probably he missed that lesson.

Here's how you tell if he's avoiding even the appearance of evil. Look at someone you consider is evil. If you would call the evil person evil for doing something, you should probably call the person you like evil for doing the same thing. Honestly, what would you think of Hilary if she was caught paying herself.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well I guess we wouldn't agree on what evil is because I would not consider applying that lesson to this occurrence. I believe this to be true because I don't consider people "evil". I believe people to be inherently good, but that is more just background info really.

As to the meat of the question.

I would have no issue with Hillary doing the same thing.

I expect that type of behavior from most people.

I don't see it as any different than folks who set aside a portion of their house or build a barn/out building then claim it as business space for tax purposes, except in the political case, it is not a tax deduction. However both have the same end goal, keeping more of one's own money.

When I was a young boy, I remember a principle taught in Sunday schools. It went like this. Avoid even the appearance of evil. Trump claims to be a Christian. Probably he missed that lesson.

Here's how you tell if he's avoiding even the appearance of evil. Look at someone you consider is evil. If you would call the evil person evil for doing something, you should probably call the person you like evil for doing the same thing. Honestly, what would you think of Hilary if she was caught paying herself.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

It's a scam artist personally enriching themselves while running for president. I'm curious what the mark up is for Trump Steak or Trump Ice. In 2000 Trump said “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.” He's actively taking campaign contributions from small money donors then paying himself out of the coffers.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do you think this behavior is different from other politicians though? Maybe that is why I don't understand the point. My built in assumption is telling me they are all enriching themselves off of their campaigns.

It's a scam artist personally enriching themselves while running for president. I'm curious what the mark up is for Trump Steak or Trump Ice. In 2000 Trump said “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.” He's actively taking campaign contributions from small money donors then paying himself out of the coffers.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Do you think this behavior is different from other politicians though? Maybe that is why I don't understand the point. My built in assumption is telling me they are all enriching themselves off of their campaigns.

I guess we just differ in what we want from our politicians. I'm not in favor of them using the political process to personally enrich themselves. The fact that others do it doesn't take away from the crookedness when Trump does it.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'd also point out how absolutely hypocritical the left is on this issue. They point to how much more money Hilary has than Trump in her campaign coffers as some proof of her superior campaign. She's a corporate shrill who's going to raise a billion dollars and is absolutely beholden to those donors. I'd like to see how much wall street money she gets from executives who avoided jail time after the financial crisis.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    He can probably get a lot more for his money than if he went elsewhere. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. If he can win without spending a billion dollars, I think that's a win for America.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I guess we just differ in what we want from our politicians. I'm not in favor of them using the political process to personally enrich themselves. The fact that others do it doesn't take away from the crookedness when Trump does it.

Well, you are in different territory now. What I want from our politicians is usually different than what I expect. I expect you would be hard pressed to find a politician that is not financially enriching themselves through their campaign either directly or indirectly. I would also expect that generalize that out to most people.

I will say if you provided evidence that the monies paid by the campaign were vastly different than the going rate for the services provided, that would make me rethink the evidence presented and perhaps you did and i just need to re read it.

I don't understand the conclusion, based on your posts as I currently understand them, that its "crooked". I don't give it a second thought that I use my own resources and knowledge to save me money by mowing my own grass for example.

If a politician has a business interest in hotels, printing services etc, I see no "crookedness" in using ones own resources.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If a politician has a business interest in hotels, printing services etc, I see no "crookedness" in using ones own resources.

Exactly. I can see the exact same critics trying to make something of it if he didn't stay at his own hotels and use his other services. It's called "eating your own dog food" and it is a sign of an organization that believes in their own product. Think Microsoft doesn't use Windows and Office and other products that they produce? It is a sign of a poor product if you don't use it whenever reasonable.

I'll bet he's finding perfectly legal ways to get tax deductions out of these purchases as well. Good for him. He's running a competitive campaign without taking in hundreds of millions in [STRIKE]donations[/STRIKE]bribes for which he owes favors to those who don't have the public interest at heart.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, you are in different territory now. What I want from our politicians is usually different than what I expect. I expect you would be hard pressed to find a politician that is not financially enriching themselves through their campaign either directly or indirectly. I would also expect that generalize that out to most people.

I will say if you provided evidence that the monies paid by the campaign were vastly different than the going rate for the services provided, that would make me rethink the evidence presented and perhaps you did and i just need to re read it.

I don't understand the conclusion, based on your posts as I currently understand them, that its "crooked". I don't give it a second thought that I use my own resources and knowledge to save me money by mowing my own grass for example.

You said you were "in favor of this behavior"

He's not mowing his own lawn. He's using campaign contributions to pay himself a likely inflated rate to mow his own lawn. (though you're right, I'm only speculating that Trump ice is over priced)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Exactly. I can see the exact same critics trying to make something of it if he didn't stay at his own hotels and use his other services. It's called "eating your own dog food" and it is a sign of an organization that believes in their own product. Think Microsoft doesn't use Windows and Office and other products that they produce? It is a sign of a poor product if you don't use it whenever reasonable.

I'll bet he's finding perfectly legal ways to get tax deductions out of these purchases as well. Good for him. He's running a competitive campaign without taking in hundreds of millions in [STRIKE]donations[/STRIKE]bribes for which he owes favors to those who don't have the public interest at heart.

No he's channeling campaign contributions back to enrich himself

Microsoft uses windows because it's the standard and a good product.

Is Trump being wise/frugal buying Trump wine?

Can you explain any of these smart tax deductions he might get buying Trump steaks?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    No he's channeling campaign contributions back to enrich himself

Microsoft uses windows because it's the standard and a good product.

Is Trump being wise/frugal buying Trump wine?

Can you explain any of these smart tax deductions he might get buying Trump steaks?

Actually, Trump produces good products and services too. That is why so many people purchase them. They are doing so in a free market where they have many options available and believe that he delivers good value for the money spent. He will be spending money on hotels, food, etc., so what is your justification for not using those products and services?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually, Trump produces good products and services too. That is why so many people purchase them. They are doing so in a free market where they have many options available and believe that he delivers good value for the money spent. He will be spending money on hotels, food, etc., so what is your justification for not using those products and services?

For example?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Don't many companies "pay" themselves when they use their own resources? I know the companies I worked for always "billed themselves" for things. I'm an IT sysadmin and the IT department "charges" all the other departments that use IT resources. Seem like SOP for any entity to me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom