• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stevezx2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2018
    Hartford City
    I acquired a 1951 Standard with the red eagle grips last night. For those that aren't as familiar with Ruger, they were founded in 1949 by Alexander Strum and William Ruger. The standard was their first product. The eagle logo was designed by Strom. After Alexander Strum died in 1951 they changed the logo from red to black making the early guns a little more desirable now.
    It's my first old firearm. I'm unsure where to look for an extra magazine.

1000013849.jpg

1000013851.jpg

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    A ruger mark 1 magazine should work, you can find them lots of places, and fyi it’s Sturm, that’s a nice find!, congrats on a classic work of art!

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    It's my first old firearm. I'm unsure where to look for an extra magazine.

I have an older Standard model as well. Any mag that says it's for a Standard or Mark 1 will work, but you can also "modify" a Mark 2 mag to work in your pistol by simply taking the mag apart and moving the follower button to the other side. Internet searches should turn up instructional video on YouTube if needed.

Also, just a quick FYI, but the Law doesn't consider a firearm to be an antique unless it (or the receiver) was manufactured prior to 1898. What you have is just a nice old gun!

Top Bottom