• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Still showing requirements for double shots to get on a ship though and to be able to actually visit the islands the ship stops at. So looks like the wife and I's favorite method of travel is still locked out for us. I don't see any end to this in sight.
    We're in the same boat:wow: Had looked forward to a Viking River cruise overseas, Portugal or Rhine River area. Their policies are moronic and are costing them $millions$. That's a sustainable business model when you're supposed to be bouncing back from an unconstitutional lockdown? How's that template working for the airlines! There's plenty to see in the US and we're enjoying those adventure van excursions.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We're in the same boat:wow: Had looked forward to a Viking River cruise overseas, Portugal or Rhine River area. Their policies are moronic and are costing them $millions$. That's a sustainable business model when you're supposed to be bouncing back from an unconstitutional lockdown? How's that template working for the airlines! There's plenty to see in the US and we're enjoying those adventure van excursions.
    I sent a nice, polite email to RC as we are platinum members just short of Emerald status. We've been on 7 cruises with them, spent an easy $20k and willing to spend more but you won't let us on your cruise line because even though we have had and recovered we do not have the shots. You're missing out on a pair of DINKs with more money to spend doing fun things than we know what to do with because of some idiotic requirement that has been shown to have zero impact on what it's supposed to do.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I sent a nice, polite email to RC as we are platinum members just short of Emerald status. We've been on 7 cruises with them, spent an easy $20k and willing to spend more but you won't let us on your cruise line because even though we have had and recovered we do not have the shots. You're missing out on a pair of DINKs with more money to spend doing fun things than we know what to do with because of some idiotic requirement that has been shown to have zero impact on what it's supposed to do.
    Doesn't look like it's going to get any better. :dunno:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    This is never going away unless you stop complying.

View attachment 209818
    The solution here is for schools to tell them to pound sand and replacement teachers will be hired if they refuse to teach classes that will not be forcing masks. I knowwe are dealing with the Joy Bahars of school administrators.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The solution here is for schools to tell them to pound sand and replacement teachers will be hired if they refuse to teach classes that will not be forcing masks. I knowwe are dealing with the Joy Bahars of school administrators.
    One of, if not the biggest problems is—the “don’t rock the boat” people out there. We probably all know them. They’re the ones that will admit they don’t think the masks do much, if any good but will wear them anyway. They will do it because there’s a sign or they don’t want to get yelled at, or they simply don’t want to rock the boat. They will dutifully send their kids to school this fall with masks on if that’s what “the experts” tell the authorities that’s what they need to do.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    One of, if not the biggest problems is—the “don’t rock the boat” people out there. We probably all know them. They’re the ones that will admit they don’t think the masks do much, if any good but will wear them anyway. They will do it because there’s a sign or they don’t want to get yelled at, or they simply don’t want to rock the boat. They will dutifully send their kids to school this fall with masks on if that’s what “the experts” tell the authorities that’s what they need to do.
    That’s what Jocko did and said… just comply it’s no big deal to wear a mask. I blew a gasket when I heard him say that… then remembered he has always takin orders from the government. I was military once also but come on man.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That’s what Jocko did and said… just comply it’s no big deal to wear a mask. I blew a gasket when I heard him say that… then remembered he has always takin orders from the government. I was military once also but come on man.
    Jocko? I’m brain locking this morning, I guess. That reference is escaping me.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Still showing requirements for double shots to get on a ship though and to be able to actually visit the islands the ship stops at. So looks like the wife and I's favorite method of travel is still locked out for us. I don't see any end to this in sight.
    Mrs. oze and I carried our proof of vax with our passports, but never, not even once, were asked to show it. Not on the ship, nor in Hungary, Austria, Slovakia or Germany. The only time we had to wear a max was on the U-Bahn (subway) in Vienna. FWIW, as I mentioned in another thread, we brought the 'rona home with us.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Mrs. oze and I carried our proof of vax with our passports, but never, not even once, were asked to show it. Not on the ship, nor in Hungary, Austria, Slovakia or Germany. The only time we had to wear a max was on the U-Bahn (subway) in Vienna. FWIW, as I mentioned in another thread, we brought the 'rona home with us.
    Cruise late last year, we had to show proof of vaccination as part of the online check-in process (along with the currently-still-required pre-boarding Covid test), but never had to show the vax card at any port of call.

International travel so far this year (Canada, Switzerland, Italy), I had to upload proof of vaccination as part of the airline pre-clearance, plus had to show the vax card upon check-in at the airport. Canada passport control (Toronto) made me produce the vax card, but I never had to show it entering/leaving either the EU or Schengen zone (Amsterdam, Geneva) by plane, or entering/leaving Italy by train.

Unless CDC gets a dose of sanity in the next 8 weeks, we'll have to get pre-boarding Covid tested again for a cruise within the US (Hawaii), but since it's not international and Hawaii finally dropped their entry requirements, we at least should have a "normal" flight experience.

Top Bottom