• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    For a virus so deadly shouldn’t the government mandated collection sites for the highly contagious discarded masks so they could be handled as infective medical waste to be properly burned?
    Guess I need to call a hazmat unit to my place as I picked up three masks today when I mowed.

People suck

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I

If I recall correctly you couldn't donate plasma if you were vaccinated. They would only take it from those that got the Fauchi Flu and recovered
    This is false.

Only those who are currently infected/symptomatic cannot donate - which is true of any infection/symptoms of illness.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think they were referring to donating therapeutic plasma for treating a bad case of wuhu.
    You seem to be referring to generic plasma donation.
    I read it as written. It said "couldn't donate if..."

True, though, that convalescent plasma can only come from those who have, you know, convalesced...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It becomes apparent in the conversation leading up to that post.
    Didn't seem apparent to me. And I have seen other people spreading the same misinformation elsewhere (i.e. that being vaccinated against Covid-19 disqualifies one from donating blood/plasma). So, to be clear:

1. Covid-19 vaccination status does not impact eligibility for donating blood or plasma.
    2. Anyone symptomatic of any illness is ineligible to donate blood or plasma, until no longer symptomatic.
    3. Donation of convalescent plasma requires on to have convalesced, i.e. to have contracted, and recovered from, a given disease. Inoculation/immunization and convalescing are not equivalent, regardless of the disease in question.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Didn't seem apparent to me. And I have seen other people spreading the same misinformation elsewhere (i.e. that being vaccinated against Covid-19 disqualifies one from donating blood/plasma). So, to be clear:

1. Covid-19 vaccination status does not impact eligibility for donating blood or plasma.
    2. Anyone symptomatic of any illness is ineligible to donate blood or plasma, until no longer symptomatic.
    3. Donation of convalescent plasma requires on to have convalesced, i.e. to have contracted, and recovered from, a given disease. Inoculation/immunization and convalescing are not equivalent, regardless of the disease in question.
    Regarding 3, I believe but am not positive that if you have been immunized you can't donate convalescent plasma even if you have contracted and recovered from covid. Probably due to testing for antibodies.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Regarding 3, I believe but am not positive that if you have been immunized you can't donate convalescent plasma even if you have contracted and recovered from covid. Probably due to testing for antibodies.
    Red Cross:
    Q: Are individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine eligible to give COVID-19 convalescent plasma?

A: The FDA allows people who have received a COVID-19 vaccine to donate dedicated COVID-19 convalescent plasma within six months of their infection of the virus
    , based on data that antibodies from natural infection can decline after six months however, the Red Cross has discontinued our convalescent plasma collection program.

Throughout the pandemic, the Red Cross has adapted its collection of lifesaving products to meet the needs of all patients including COVID-19 patients. Due to the decline in hospital demand and because the Red Cross and our industry partners have been able to build a sufficient supply of convalescent plasma to meet the foreseeable needs of COVID-19 patients the Red Cross stopped collecting convalescent plasma completely on June 14.

The Red Cross is grateful to the tens of thousands of convalescent plasma donors who rolled up their sleeves to share their health and provide hope to patients and their families during an uncertain time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m starting to notice an uptick in mask wearing. The mask Karens didn’t go away. They simply retreated until they think the time is right to go back into shrill panic mode. Fall will be here soon. As long as we keep testing and tracking cases, these people will be around.

If you’re on Twitter, you’ll remember this guy before he got banned for “violating community guidelines”.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s been my experience so far that the people I encounter wearing masks have been polite. Was in the doctors office the other day. Crowded waiting room. Maybe 2 or three people wearing masks. Old couple both had masks. And the guy sitting next to me. We struck up a conversation and no one said anything about masks.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It’s been my experience so far that the people I encourage wearing masks have been polite. Was in the doctors office the other day. Crowded waiting room. Maybe 2 or three people wearing masks. Old couple both had masks. And the guy sitting next to me. We struck up a conversation and no one said anything about masks.
    Back during the time of maximum mask zealotry, my wife and youngest son were verbially attacked at a fast food restaurant in Bloomington.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    wife and I were yelled at in a parking lot for holding hands and not maintaining 6' social distancing. Stupid knows no bounds
    Those are the people that would report you to the authorities and watch with glee as you and your family are carted off to the quarantine, re-education camps.

Top Bottom