images

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Reading this is a struggle; not because I feel like the police are our enemy, nor do I think they will be instruments in the dismantling of our sacred 2nd Amendment, but because of the soapboxing of opinion based on no person experience, conjecture, and gross misinformation.

Mr. Freeman, local law enforcement has dealt with MANY armed and barricaded subjects throughout recent the years - not all of which ever make the news. Local law enforcement deals with situations where, prior to having an armored vehicle, they had to approach on foot or in a patrol car. It is foolish to speak to the contrary just because you do not know about it. It is equally foolish for any of you to speak of maintenance budgets, how "other departments would trade it for 10 vehicles", or any of the other unsupported comments that are being spouted as if you had even a shred of first-hand knowledge. Mr. Freeman, you are an attorney. I would no more talk of the rule of law having no first-hand knowledge, nor should you speak about what local law enforcement deals with frequently on the street. I would encourage you to not comment on law enforcement until you don a badge and gun and put your neck on the line. (Though I would love to see Officer Freeman's mad dash to the first MRAP he can find when shots are fired - which has happened numerous times while officers have been on scene in this county.)

God Bless this free country. Our First Amendment Right guarantees us the ability to drivel our opinions all over the internet. However, we have a duty to be intellectually honest with our speech. May God also bless our local police officers - their job is a tough one. And if I could just wish one little wish... May Sheriff Richard PLEASE put that MRAP in the Christmas parade so that Mr. Freeman can stand idly by hoping to get thrown a piece of candy by a cop.
    LMFAO
    HOW DID I MISS THIS ATTRACTIVE GUY?!!!

This is the cop attitude or opinion that I hate. If you are even one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe I'm missing something.
    And I'm sure someone will be right along to tell me I'm an idiot.
    But if you want armor, wouldn't an armored Humvee be better?
    If you are encountering a lot of mines.......
    But everyone seems to be talking about non-mine situations.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Oversight over the police, I wonder if it will be retroactive? Obama announces restrictions on distribution of military-style equipment to police | Fox News

"Starting in October, police will have to get approval from their city council, mayor or some other local governing body to obtain it, provide a persuasive explanation of why it is needed and have more training and data collection on the use of the equipment."

Sounds like the toys are going back in the box?

"The federal government also is exploring ways to recall prohibited equipment already distributed."
    You know that this would not prohibit departments from getting MRAPS? They are "banning" things that are a non-issue really. The anti-Obama crew is yelling that they are "disarming" the police. It's kind of comical really, the sky is falling the sky is falling. He is actually LOOKING like he is "demilitarizing" the police without actually doing much of anything. From the posted article, "n previewing the president's trip, the White House said that effective immediately, the federal government will no longer fund or provide armored vehicles that run on a tracked system instead of wheels, weaponized aircraft or vehicles, firearms or ammunition of .50-caliber or higher, grenade launchers, bayonets or camouflage uniforms.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You know that this would not prohibit departments from getting MRAPS?.

1. Just giving a link from what was reported earlier.

2. We don't know what the exact policy is, thus I used question marks.

3. I agree that Obama is not doing much but it may give politicians the spine to finally exercise oversight over police agencies and have them explain their desire for such toys.

We have no such need for such a toy in Tippecanoe County. I want questions answered.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    1. Just giving a link from what was reported earlier.

2. We don't know what the exact policy is, thus I used question marks.

3. I agree that Obama is not doing much but it may give politicians the spine to finally exercise oversight over police agencies and have them explain their desire for such toys.

We have no such need for such a toy in Tippecanoe County. I want questions answered.
    I have no problem with oversight, I just think it's funny that people getting so upset over this smoke and mirrors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There were no riots or stick-hitting in that other thread, but you still called it a 'mob'. Now the police get a toy and you're writing poetry and preparing for a revolution.

Yes, hitting people with sticks in the behavior of a mob, not reasoned discourse where people are civilized. Acting like baboons by jumping up and down and using sticks is not the behavior of a good citizen.

I have modeled it for you to learn here. One petitions his government. One uses words, not sticks.

Top Bottom