• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Yes, but this is almost a slap in the face. He has the right to wear it......but as so often said in these threads....just because you can does not mean you should.
    I would ask what his intent was and take it from there. Might be a really interesting conversation. Might be a brief encounter with a total idiot.
    I would have to say something. His reaction would set the tone.

In the end our freedoms on this dirt is all that matters. If he is a citizen he enjoys those same freedoms. If not, well, he does not. Just standing on the dirt does not give you the right to insult those who are here properly/legally.

I can buy that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All of my personal experiences have been very positive. I work in a technological and professional environment. Outside of work, my coworkers are quite nice as well.

I serviced the HVAC in many quick marts, hotels and ethnic markets. When it comes to business they are brutal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can buy that.

And as always, I see your point as well. To let it go would be the high ground.
    Issue with this, I can not go through that day...(9/11) even after all these years with out a very heavy heart. It is just a sad day. Any cross ways attitudes abut it are not received well. Far too many innocents lost their lives for what??????
    Our lives and our country have been forever changed by the actions taken that day. Please do not step on the memory's of those who died that day or in the never ending conflict that it has caused. Just poor taste.
    JMHO.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I always remember my German professor talking about German people. He told us about an old lady who saw a bunch of teenagers sitting in the grass, near a sign that said "Keep Off the Grass" and she literally went after them with her cane telling them "Can't you Read?" And the teens scattered. My prof said that was typical of German people not putting up with knuckleheads and not being afraid to do something about it.

Something to be said for that, too.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    9/11 always reminds me that our lying government and media should not be trusted.

Not sure about this Muja fella, whatever sport he plays, maybe he's a liar, too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im wondering if I (also a "person not from this country") would have been punched in the face by the OP (or other people from this thread) if you saw me celebrating this day in a cheerfull manner like I do every 9/11. :dunno:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Absolutely not. Should have immediately filed a complaint (or grievance, as the case may be) for that individual 'creating a hostile work environment'.

It's NOT a 'free speech issue', at all. In fact, many may remember when high school students (CA, IIRC) that had to take off their American flag shirts for making others 'uncomfortable' at that school during Cinco de Mayo.

You can bet your bottom dollar if you wore an "American Infidel" shirt during Ramadan, he'd be screaming to high heaven, and you'd absolutely be called on the carpet for doing so.

This is simply an example of someone who obviously supports jihad willfully intending to insult others on 9/11. NOR does he have ANY right in any manner to wear a shirt perpetrating war or violence against others. Which is what that sure does.

A complaint should've immediately been filed and the individual should have been disciplined as part of the discrimination policy ('creating a hostile work environment') of the company. And you can rest assured, the company DOES have one.

Folks need to learn to stand up for their rights and 'fight back in like kind', the same way this low-life was claiming (because he has NO 'free speech right' to wear that shirt on 9/11) to do.

Despicable.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Let me correct this by adding, if you were wearing a shirt like that guy in the pic. Yup, you would've.

I gotta get this shirt so I dont get punched in the face by people who think all foreigners are terrorists then. :faint:

LB-American-Icon-31134-2.jpg

Hope it says "'Merica! mother****ers!" on the back.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    So... Why are we're lashing out with violence over someone's clothing? Please explain to me how that is the correct course of action.

It is really more about the disrespect that person is showing for wearing a shirt like that on such a day. Muja may not have been involved with 9/11 but it supports those same ideals. Ideals that want to tear away at the fabric of America. Radical anything is no good. I would bet that on the day the planes hit, that guy was on the streets celebrating.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I gotta get this shirt so I dont get punched in the face by people who think all foreigners are terrorists then. :faint:

LB-American-Icon-31134-2.jpg

Hope it says "'Merica! mother****ers!" on the back.

Please also note that I am not originally from America. I came here at a young age and saw how much life is better here then the 3rd world country I came from. I made America my home and I am willing to protect it from both foreign and domestic people that want to do it harm. Now I'm not saying Americas perfect but it is my home, it is the reason why I served 8 years in the Navy. If you cannot respect America, and I'm not talking about the government, GFO. If you want to wear anti-american stuff, fine. Then GFO of America then. Go back to the rat hole country that you left.

Top Bottom