• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You do have the right to your opinion and feelings in this. If you do not see it....OK. I will not dispute you in that.

If I walked into a middle eastern business doing or wearing something offensive to them I would expect to be called out on it and I would be.
    If this young fellow was doing this to offend he needs to be called out on it for the same reasons. As stated, I would ask what the shirt was about. How the discussion went from there would be up to him. That simple. If you could walk past and ignore it then good on you. Some of us could not. There is still some patriotic honor in some of us.
    If you do not see "It" then I am wasting my time.
    Again, your life, live it.

Do you blame the mujahideen for 9/11 ?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

One of the things that offended me when it was a big deal after 9/11 were the American Flags that everyone put in their car windows tooling down the road.

Now, it wasn't the American Flag, per se, that offended me. It was the ratty condition that they would quickly turn into and were still flown by some. OR, it was seeing them laying in the dirt at the side of the road because they blew out or someone let the window down or whatever reason. There was this blind, lemming like herd mentality to fly the American Flag in any manner irregardless of the condition that it would inevitably wind up in.

Not everyone had their flags go ratty or land in the mud at the side of the road, but enough did to make me wonder if they were truly respecting America or just following the herd?

I was very happy to see the flags fly off of the homes and businesses!!! That seemed to show solidarity without putting the Flag in harms way.

Even though I was bothered by this lack of respect for our flag (in my opinion) I wasn't tempted to yell or scream or berate or clobber someone. It just made me sad that there were people who seemed more interested in jumping on the bandwagon without really understanding how to respect the very symbol of the bandwagon.

But that's just me...

Regards,

Doug

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The people that are welcome in my home or around m family would do the same as me. The free love tree hug equal rights for disrespectful foreign people who would cowardly do nothing are not welcome in my home or around my family. We need to get a back bone again as a country. Yep sometimes we do the wrong thing to make sure the majority of us stay safe in war.

So, what do you consider "doing something" and how exactly does that "something" keep us safe in a war?

Remind me of your veteran status, if you wouldn't mind, since I'm sure someone that concerned about "cowardly doing nothing" and who's so willing to "do the wrong thing to make sure the majority of us stay safe in war" has done their part in uniform, not just in the lunchroom.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Remind me of your veteran status, if you wouldn't mind, since I'm sure someone that concerned about "cowardly doing nothing" and who's so willing to "do the wrong thing to make sure the majority of us stay safe in war" has done their part in uniform, not just in the lunchroom.

Careful throwing those around please.

TT is quite opinionated, and I certainly don't always agree with him, but his debts are paid and they weren't paid in a lunchroom.

:patriot:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hey, hey, hey...let's get back on track here and talk about what is really important...

...what do I win for winning the bet??? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Hey, hey, hey...let's get back on track here and talk about what is really important...

...what do I win for winning the bet??? :dunno:
    Chez's double salute!
    middlefinger-smiley.gif

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Careful throwing those around please.

TT is quite opinionated, and I certainly don't always agree with him, but his debts are paid and they weren't paid in a lunchroom.

:patriot:

If he's a vet, good. He can speak for himself, though, and if he's going to throw around "coward" and insinuate that its a national security issue to "do something" about a jersey in a lunchroom it seems to be a valid question. Call people out, expect the same.

So, what do you consider "doing something" and how exactly does that "something" keep us safe in a war?

My questions stand. I'm curious as to why "disrespectful foreigner" as well, as I guess if you're a native it'd be ok?

I see a lot of insinuations here from many members that violence is just hunky-dory if someone's shirt offends you. He's just a brown foreigner, though, so who cares, right?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It is the mind set not the name on the shirt.

Which is what? Without asking him, you have no idea if he's a terrorist wearing his equivalent of a "undercover cop" t-shirt, or if his father was an anti-Soviet fighter, or a myriad of other options. He may be anti-American, but that's far from the only explanation.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Which is what? Without asking him, you have no idea if he's a terrorist wearing his equivalent of a "undercover cop" t-shirt, or if his father was an anti-Soviet fighter, or a myriad of other options. He may be anti-American, but that's far from the only explanation.

Please read my other posts in the thread. I would call him on it before anything was done further. If just an idiot (in my opinion) then let it pass. If being an insulting A$$ hat where it went from there would be up to him.

Yes, people profile. It is part of the world we live in. LEO does it, civilians do it, everyone looks sideways at someone during a normal day. I would say it really got roots on 9/11

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If he's a vet, good. He can speak for himself, though, and if he's going to throw around "coward" and insinuate that its a national security issue to "do something" about a jersey in a lunchroom it seems to be a valid question. Call people out, expect the same.

My questions stand. I'm curious as to why "disrespectful foreigner" as well, as I guess if you're a native it'd be ok?

I see a lot of insinuations here from many members that violence is just hunky-dory if someone's shirt offends you. He's just a brown foreigner, though, so who cares, right?

When the left are offended by the likes of Phil Robertson, they don't have the right to not be offended...

Kart29

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    I'd call homeland security and tell them I thought I saw what looked like a cell phone and pressure cooker in his backpack.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Poor taste is not a crime.

...and freedom of expression is only present if it applies to unpopular and infuriating viewpoints.

So...then I'm perfectly within my rights to sit straight across from him and eat my lunch with my favorite tee shirt that reads, "Winning the hearts and minds of our enemy - two in the heart/one in the mind"?

Top Bottom