• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He has a right to show his contempt, lack of respect and good taste for the significance of the date to many in the USA. On the other hand, any one that saw him also has the right to tell him exactly how they feel about his choice of clothing. Hopefully, it would be done in a calm and persuasive manner because when you lower yourself to a base level, you demean yourself and your argument.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So let me see if I understand this. We're just supposed to accept when a school doesn't allow its American students to wear t-shirts with an American flag on it on May 5th because it might offend those students of Mexican heritage, and we're also supposed to just accept the shirt that this guy is wearing that is an obvious affront to Americans on September 11th? Is that right? We have indeed stepped through the looking glass.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So let me see if I understand this. We're just supposed to accept when a school doesn't allow its American students to wear t-shirts with an American flag on it on May 5th because it might offend those students of Mexican heritage, and we're also supposed to just accept the shirt that this guy is wearing that is an obvious affront to Americans on September 11th? Is that right? We have indeed stepped through the looking glass.
    Yes we have. But we need to work on that former and not play the victim and demand equality. As they say, the speech that needs the most protection is the speech we disagree with.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would have asked the guy what's up with his shirt. Maybe he was trying to be a jerk, maybe trying to start a conversation. It makes me curious and I would have asked him what's up.

Maybe he had family that fought the russians back when the muj were cool.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have had a lot of dealing with folks from that area of the world. The can be very volatile. It is in their nature.
    I did some yard work for a family from that region and when I finished, the father was so happy he actually gave me a hug! :): Given the neighborhood and the home, I would guess that he was a doctor or something. He also gave me the impression that he was a little hen-pecked, so maybe he was just grateful for the male company.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did some yard work for a family from that region and when I finished, the father was so happy he actually gave me a hug! :): Given the neighborhood and the home, I would guess that he was a doctor or something. He also gave me the impression that he was a little hen-pecked, so maybe he was just grateful for the male company.

I can not say my experiences have been all negative but more to the neg. than Positive.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If you'd want to raise a stink and/or fight the man, so be it.

I think it would be more honest if you also admit that when you talk about freedom, you're only talking about your own people.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If someone is wearing a jersey like that on 9/11 chances are that he wants a reaction. Don't give it to him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you'd want to raise a stink and/or fight the man, so be it.

I think it would be more honest if you also admit that when you talk about freedom, you're only talking about your own people.

Yes, but this is almost a slap in the face. He has the right to wear it......but as so often said in these threads....just because you can does not mean you should.
    I would ask what his intent was and take it from there. Might be a really interesting conversation. Might be a brief encounter with a total idiot.
    I would have to say something. His reaction would set the tone.

In the end our freedoms on this dirt is all that matters. If he is a citizen he enjoys those same freedoms. If not, well, he does not. Just standing on the dirt does not give you the right to insult those who are here properly/legally.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I can not say my experiences have been all negative but more to the neg. than Positive.

All of my personal experiences have been very positive. I work in a technological and professional environment. Outside of work, my coworkers are quite nice as well.

Top Bottom