• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Im wondering if I (also a "person not from this country") would have been punched in the face by the OP (or other people from this thread) if you saw me celebrating this day in a cheerfull manner like I do every 9/11. :dunno:

Explain cheerful.
    Peoples "B" day fall on that date, anniversary's, all reasons to be cheerful.

I said I have a heavy heart and moments of sadness but the day has to go on. We smile and enjoy family as any other day.
    To knowingly where something that is obviously offensive is pushing it.

Punch him in the face, Only he he proves out to be an A$$ Hat after asking him why such clothing is being worn on that day. Fair question. Bad response, yup, might get punched.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So I go to the lunchroom and I see this, let's say, a person not from this country. Took everything I had to not drag him outside for his show of disrespect on a day such as Sept 11 . What would you have done INGO?
    photo_zpsbc1037e8.jpg

Anyone else notice the red, white, and blue arm band on his right arm? Seems odd for someone who's going out of their way to be disrespectful on 9/11, eh?

Perhaps before you go beating people up for their shirt, especially people who may not speak English as their first language, maybe just ask them what it's all about first? Maybe there's another explanation? http://in.rbth.com/arts/2013/04/24/...en_settle_scores_on_football_pitch_24101.html

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Anyone else notice the red, white, and blue arm band on his right arm? Seems odd for someone who's going out of their way to be disrespectful on 9/11, eh?

Perhaps before you go beating people up for their shirt, especially people who may not speak English as their first language, maybe just ask them what it's all about first? Maybe there's another explanation? Soviet War veterans, Afghan mujahideen settle scores on football pitch | Russia & India Report

Please stop thinking for yourself. Unless you join the lynch-mob, you're clearly a troll.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I wasn't there but I am thinking; Stick out your hand and say "Hi My name is Blah Blah Blah. I don't think we've met. I was just noticing your Jersey". Look the Man Squarely in the eye and say " I wonder if you could tell me a little about that". Discussion goes on from there. Gotta let a guy know you are gonna get challenged if you come round here wearing something like that.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have had a lot of dealing with folks from that area of the world. The can be very volatile. It is in their nature.

My experience is limited to mostly a trip to Israel. While there, dealing with Israelis was all positive, the non Israelis, not so much. Examples:
    1) Shopping, haggle, haggle, agree on $10. Give him $20, pockets it, says we agreed on $20. Lots of arguing until I made it clear what was about to happen to him, while I'm rarely like that, I HATE thieves, he gave me my $10 change, yelled I was making his kids starve.
    2) Street vendors surrounding wife, that took more than threats, they back off quick when you knock a couple down & are in a fat man rage.
    3) Another running around asking how we liked bin-ladin (it was before he was smoked). A simple, what do you think about Hiroshima & Nagasaki, & he went away. It took numerous attempts by him until the response, ignoring him wasn't working.

Just 3 examples, many more. A few ok experiences, but no comparison to the asshatery.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My experience is limited to mostly a trip to Israel. While there, dealing with Israelis was all positive, the non Israelis, not so much. Examples:
    1) Shopping, haggle, haggle, agree on $10. Give him $20, pockets it, says we agreed on $20. Lots of arguing until I made it clear what was about to happen to him, while I'm rarely like that, I HATE thieves, he gave me my $10 change, yelled I was making his kids starve.
    2) Street vendors surrounding wife, that took more than threats, they back off quick when you knock a couple down & are in a fat man rage.
    3) Another running around asking how we liked bin-ladin (it was before he was smoked). A simple, what do you think about Hiroshima & Nagasaki, & he went away. It took numerous attempts by him until the response, ignoring him wasn't working.

Just 3 examples, many more. A few ok experiences, but no comparison to the asshatery.

This was my point. They are volatile by nature. Many just simply do not like us. It is part of their belief system.
    I am not lumping all peoples from that region into this pot. I had a new neighbor when 9/11 occurred. He was from Pakistan and was here to escape the insanity. He and his family were gracious people. On that day they were terrified. They were in their house scared to come out. The man saw us in the back yard and motioned me to the fence from his kitchen window. I could tell he was frightened. I went over and he verified my observations. They were scared the locals would be along anytime to scoop them up in revenge for the actions of the terrorists. It took a good while to convince him we were not going to lynch him and shoot his family. I assured him we were not to be feared. They were good people. He has moved into a larger house as he had 8 kids but he still stays in touch.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You guys are willing to lash out on a guy minding his own business because of a word you don't like and (suspected) colors of another nation.

Imagine how radical you would become if hundreds of thousands of soldiers wearing Red, White, and Black shoulder decorations came into your country, toppled your government, and tried to force you into a political system of their choosing.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If someone had been wearing a red and white #41 jersey with "Nitaka" on the back on December 7, 1943, the guy would have disappeared and never been heard from again.

If someone two tables down from Señor Mujahideen would have been wearing a Nathan Bedford Forrest t-shirt with a confederate flag on it on MLK Day, he would have been fired.

Just sayin...

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't have a problem with this chap and don't see why anyone would?

The "Mujahideen" were FREEDOM FIGHTERS that the United States (Charlie Wilsons War) backed who FOUGHT THE SOVIETS! They were the good guys for their country at the time.

It was the "Taliban" who backed Usama bin Laden in his attack on 9/11. The Taliban came in after the Mujahideen pushed the Soviets out.

This would be like getting mad at American Democrats for something Pres Bush did, or getting mad at American Republicans for something Pres Obama did.

Our ignorance gets us into so much trouble...:rolleyes:

Regards,

Doug

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    If someone had been wearing a red and white #41 jersey with "Nitaka" on the back on December 7, 1943, the guy would have disappeared and never been heard from again.

Yeah, and when a 14 year old boy in Mississippi whistled at the wrong woman back in the day, things went very badly for him. Times change, huh?

Top Bottom