• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yeah, and when a 14 year old boy in Mississippi whistled at the wrong woman back in the day, things went very badly for him. Times change, huh?

Some times they change for the better, as in your example. Other times they change for the worse, as in my example.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Some times they change for the better, as in your example. Other times they change for the worse, as in my example.

Sometimes "better" and "worse" are only a matter of perspective.

In my example, a boy died for nothing worse than impoliteness. In your example, a man would die for nothing worse than poor choice of wardrobe.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Sometimes "better" and "worse" are only a matter of perspective.

In my example, a boy died for nothing worse than impoliteness. In your example, a man would die for nothing worse than poor choice of wardrobe.

Sit on an icebox fella, you're a little hot right now.

I'm observing, not recommending, though it wouldn't bother me if he got a punch in the kisser. My point was to show how the attitude of society has changed over time. US is on the downslide because we (me, too) are happy to let someone be a dick because it might inconvenience us otherwise. (court date, fine, jail time...)

Boys shouldn't be killed for whistling at girls. Some people should be punched in the mouth for demonstrating profoundly bad taste like Mr. Funnybones was.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Boys shouldn't be killed for whistling at girls. Some people should be punched in the mouth for demonstrating profoundly bad taste like Mr. Funnybones was.

And everybody knows, you can promote and condone violence and be easily assured that it will always be applied in a "responsible" fashion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You guys are willing to lash out on a guy minding his own business because of a word you don't like and (suspected) colors of another nation.

Imagine how radical you would become if hundreds of thousands of soldiers wearing Red, White, and Black shoulder decorations came into your country, toppled your government, and tried to force you into a political system of their choosing.

WTF are you talking about.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ask the guy about his "interesting" shirt? Sure, OK. Give him a clear picture of what you think about his choice of wardrobe if it turns out to be exactly as offensive as you thought it might be? Sure. Freedom of expression both ways there, and that's how it's supposed to work. If he gets all uppity and pushes/swings first and you reply in kind? Not freedom of expression then, but that works too.

But to go up to someone who's wardrobe choice you find offensive and punch them for it? Really?? Now think about that. Seriously. Who is promoting radicalism and violence in that scenario??? Rather ironic to accuse someone of supporting mindless violence and then be guilty of exactly what you're accusing them of and somehow feeling all superior and patriotic about it.

Sorry if y'all think that this is trolling, but mindless violence is just plain ignorant. I don't give a *&^% who or what it's about.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Ask the guy about his "interesting" shirt? Sure, OK. Give him a clear picture of what you think about his choice of wardrobe if it turns out to be exactly as offensive as you thought it might be? Sure. Freedom of expression both ways there, and that's how it's supposed to work. If he gets all uppity and pushes/swings first and you reply in kind? Not freedom of expression then, but that works too.

But to go up to someone who's wardrobe choice you find offensive and punch them for it? Really?? Now think about that. Seriously. Who is promoting radicalism and violence in that scenario??? Rather ironic to accuse someone of supporting mindless violence and then be guilty of exactly what you're accusing them of and somehow feeling all superior and patriotic about it.

Sorry if y'all think that this is trolling, but mindless violence is just plain ignorant. I don't give a *&^% who or what it's about.

Well said.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    To All,

I don't have a problem with this chap and don't see why anyone would?

The "Mujahideen" were FREEDOM FIGHTERS that the United States (Charlie Wilsons War) backed who FOUGHT THE SOVIETS! They were the good guys for their country at the time.

It was the "Taliban" who backed Usama bin Laden in his attack on 9/11. The Taliban came in after the Mujahideen pushed the Soviets out.

This would be like getting mad at American Democrats for something Pres Bush did, or getting mad at American Republicans for something Pres Obama did.

Our ignorance gets us into so much trouble...:rolleyes:

Regards,

Doug
    All those who fought the Soviets as part of Charlie Wilson's War were Mujahideen. But not all Mujahideen fought the Soviets. The phrase itself is used by radical Islamists to describe their fellow fighters, and has been used as recently as ISIS in Iraq

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First, why do some of you passionately hate the Mujahideen? Why are you offended by the word? Why would an American commit assault to punish some random guy over it?

I am somewhat offended by the reference on that day. I stated I would ask what/why and go from there.
    Depending on "His" response "He would be treated accordingly.
    If he was being an A$$ then yes, I might ruffle his feathers.....not the Muja's but his. He is not being some random guy if he is smearing the memory's of those that died. It is him, not you, not me but him doing this. If in fact he is just an idiot then let him know as to the level of his idiocy and move along.

Post #43.....emotions run very high on that date.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The people that are welcome in my home or around m family would do the same as me. The free love tree hug equal rights for disrespectful foreign people who would cowardly do nothing are not welcome in my home or around my family. We need to get a back bone again as a country. Yep sometimes we do the wrong thing to make sure the majority of us stay safe in war. Apologize afterwards. I won't apologize for not being friendly to scum that craps on my country in my face! Just like I'd knock someones ass out if you disrespected my wife (and have) or daughter as women. I'll take the punishment for doing what's honorable.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am somewhat offended by the reference on that day. I stated I would ask what/why and go from there.
    Depending on "His" response "He would be treated accordingly.
    If he was being an A$$ then yes, I might ruffle his feathers.....not the Muja's but his. He is not being some random guy if he is smearing the memory's of those that died. It is him, not you, not me but him doing this. If in fact he is just an idiot then let him know as to the level of his idiocy and move along.

Post #43.....emotions run very high on that date.

I know you are offended, the question was "why?" Is it based on facts or strictly just an emotion?

If the shirt is "idiotic" or "smears the memory of those that died" on 9/11, there must be some good reason for thinking so. I don't see it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know you are offended, the question was "why?" Is it based on facts or strictly just an emotion?

If the shirt is "idiotic" or "smears the memory of those that died" on 9/11, there must be some good reason for thinking so. I don't see it.

You do have the right to your opinion and feelings in this. If you do not see it....OK. I will not dispute you in that.

If I walked into a middle eastern business doing or wearing something offensive to them I would expect to be called out on it and I would be.
    If this young fellow was doing this to offend he needs to be called out on it for the same reasons. As stated, I would ask what the shirt was about. How the discussion went from there would be up to him. That simple. If you could walk past and ignore it then good on you. Some of us could not. There is still some patriotic honor in some of us.
    If you do not see "It" then I am wasting my time.
    Again, your life, live it.

Top Bottom