• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    In some places at the bottom of a 6" deep rut or hole in the ice....Terrible
    A couple of the main roads here look like that in places, I was surprised how deep it was, and no snow day tomorrow, I'm not sure how they are going to run trash trucks and not get stuck all over the place... Hell I'm not even sure I can get there, I haven't been outside of Greencastle since Saturday!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Found out that I can get gas run to the house - Vectren though :(.

I figure I'll go ahead and have the lines run for the water heater/furnace, stove [all electric now, but will have the option to switch to gas when they get replaced] and will probably go ahead and get a whole-house standby genset installed.

Probably will see about converting the wood fireplace over to gas but I'm on the fence about that - if gas were to be out as well as power we can at least burn wood now and run the portable generator to get us by but if we have a gas stove and gas is out - I'm not sure what we'd do for heat...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just got back in from the "final" clearing of the driveways...bundled up well and it didn't seem that bad out there. About to go on a supply run to the Marsh just across the neighborhood, we'll see how it goes.

Mike, I'd say ya'll could come over here, we still have heat, but it's a rather far trip from where you are. Good luck keeping warm!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well the snowcation is over, I'm actually a little disappointed, tomorrow's the last day of the pay period so I might as well make a really bad check a :poop: check! This staying up late and sleeping in is habit forming...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Well the snowcation is over, I'm actually a little disappointed, tomorrow's the last day of the pay period so I might as well make a really bad check a :poop: check! This staying up late and sleeping in is habit forming...

I'm using vacation days so I'm still getting paid...I am salary though, but it is expected of me to use personal/vacation time

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I was already on vacation for 2 weeks before this started. I got an unscheduled extension! I have to use vacation days too though if I want to get paid for the snow days. Good thing I still have some in reserve.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom