• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    See, that's what happens when so many don't show at the Rb matches. Info gets lost in space.

The MD at the last RB match announced that July 5th match would be a classified.
    Perfect weather for it I'm sure. Don't forget your cots, tents, sleep ware and heat stroke relief if attending.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    See, that's what happens when so many don't show at the Rb matches. Info gets lost in space.

The MD at the last RB match announced that July 5th match would be a classified.
    Perfect weather for it I'm sure. Don't forget your cots, tents, sleep ware and heat stroke relief if attending.

LOLOL A Classifier might just be the thing to knock the rust off after a very long off season. I just hope it goes as fast as the Winter RB classifier...i don't much feel like making a weekend of it up there :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If Looney says it, it's confirmed.

I've dry fired the classifier 3 times today with the M&P. Normally that would not be worth mentioning but I'm pretty sure that's the most gun handling I've done this year.

July RB classifier means one thing to us all- HYDRATE!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Owensboro is $15 (20 last month as it was some nra giveaway thing).

I think the email from Jay for WSSC cancellation mentioned RB being classifier (at least that's where I got it from).

I kinda wanna shoot a classifier, but would like to slum it as marksman until after the big matches. That's probably a bad way to look at it, but I still question my ability to hang with the sharpshooter crowd, even if I could skill up. :laugh:
    I mean Jeff is a SS and I think he should easily be expert, and he's way better than me, that fact goes without saying. I believe he should be right up there with Dusty. The main thing I notice is you seem to get befuddled more than the average shooter by unusual things, i.e. bologna shoes, chairs getting stuck on mags, etc. :twocents:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

I think the email from Jay for WSSC cancellation mentioned RB being classifier (at least that's where I got it from).

I kinda wanna shoot a classifier, but would like to slum it as marksman until after the big matches. That's probably a bad way to look at it, but I still question my ability to hang with the sharpshooter crowd, even if I could skill up. :laugh:
    I mean Jeff is a SS and I think he should easily be expert, and he's way better than me, that fact goes without saying. I believe he should be right up there with Dusty. The main thing I notice is you seem to get befuddled more than the average shooter by unusual things, i.e. bologna shoes, chairs getting stuck on mags, etc. :twocents:

I think it's also that he's not as vocal. I'm glad my kids weren't present when Mike got his mag stuck on chair:laugh:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Age has a tad affect on the ease of befuddlement factor. Ask me how I know. You'll get there. That's 50% of my problem.

My other excuse is that I once had 3 teenage girls living in my house all at once, with two of them the same age. Its a scientific fact that situation kills brain cells of the parent. Now you know why my hair is the color it is.

For the classifier, I do hear tell that SBCman owns a tent the size of a Holiday Inn Express. So we could probably rent space from him for a donation of a lb of lead per cot space. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Age has a tad affect on the ease of befuddlement factor. Ask me how I know. You'll get there. That's 50% of my problem.

My other excuse is that I once had 3 teenage girls living in my house all at once, with two of them the same age. Its a scientific fact that situation kills brain cells of the parent. Now you know why my hair is the color it is.

For the classifier, I do hear tell that SBCman owns a tent the size of a Holiday Inn Express. So we could probably rent space from him for a donation of a lb of lead per cot space. :)

Yeah, I'd imagine 3 girls would do irrevocable damage to one's sanity. Thankfully, I only have one and she's the best boy I've got. It's sad she's becoming more girly all the time.

3lbs per square foot should do.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    . The main thing I notice is you seem to get befuddled more than the average shooter by unusual things, i.e. bologna shoes, chairs getting stuck on mags, etc. :twocents:

Befuddled sounds nicer than brain fart & brain fart sounds gobs better than senior moment, I'll take it!! Mikey has master mojo when his head is in the game (not saying I like it but you've got to be realistic about these things). Kisada is a sandbagger :).

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Kisada is a sandbagger
    smile.png
    Bah! You're not supposed to agree! :D

I did learn this past weekend that either my M&P45 is horribly inaccurate or I have no ability with it. Need to have Mike or TJ try it out as they have exp. with them. I can understand my lead loads maybe being not so accurate, but man, even the cheap Federal stuff as well as the HST hp loads all looked like buckshot on paper at 10-15 yrds. :scratch:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I've got to get some practice in. Yesterday was our first day back from vacation that didn't have us unpacking or mowing the yard or all that so it is time to get back to business! I think I'm prepared mentally but I don't want to just assume that...

and bring the old M&P45 so we can take it for a spin! we get a chance at RB we'll get it worked out..I'll bring my M&P45 and we can run a few of your loads through mine and some of mine through yours and that way we have enough data to completely confuse the issue! (what will really happen is I'll drop some serious cloverleaf looking groups and then start my whole 'should I shoot the M&P or the Glock' debate all over again) Thanks Brent! LOLOL

It is looking good for Owensboro on Saturday, too!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm prepared mentally but I don't want to just assume that...

It's OK, go ahead and assume it. I think it's right to say all of us here are mental:laugh:

I think you'll enjoy some USPSA goodness! I suggest you try and get on a squad with Bosshoss if he's ROing (I know, not a RB guy, but it's alright to make new friends).

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It's OK, go ahead and assume it. I think it's right to say all of us here are mental:laugh:

I think you'll enjoy some USPSA goodness! I suggest you try and get on a squad with Bosshoss if he's ROing (I know, not a RB guy, but it's alright to make new friends).

It'll be cool to be a n00b again! Hopefully everything goes as well as planned and I'm able to get up there. I have lots of gunpowder than needs to be turned into noise!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Just for the sake of argument and so I am as prepared as I can be for Saturday if it can happen... what division do/should I sign up for. Bringing the G34 so I'm assuming Open, Limited 10 and Production is available to me? That is just pulling names out of the air but I don't know what all they mean and I know some have minor PF scoring since I'd be shooting 9mm.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just for the sake of argument and so I am as prepared as I can be for Saturday if it can happen... what division do/should I sign up for. Bringing the G34 so I'm assuming Open, Limited 10 and Production is available to me? That is just pulling names out of the air but I don't know what all they mean and I know some have minor PF scoring since I'd be shooting 9mm.

Of those three you'll want to sign up for Production. Everyone is scored minor there. 10 rounds/mag, I'd recommend about 5 on the belt. No course will be over 32 rounds, but you may want to reload on the move and so forth without running the gun empty. Each array won't be over 8 rounds, so reloading while moving to the next position is wise.

Most likely everyone (as in all 2 or so) of Limited 10 guys will be shooting major. You will get owned in Open, don't go there. Another option is to shoot Limited Minor. This means you can fill your mags up, won't have to do so many reloads or have as many mags. Brad shoots Limited Minor and does very well there against Limited Major shooters.

Just my :twocents: but you might want to think about shooting Limited Minor until you get a feel for the game. It's just easier to make your stage plan with fewer reloads. Definitely production or Limited is where you need to be.

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Of those three you'll want to sign up for Production. Everyone is scored minor there. 10 rounds/mag, I'd recommend about 5 on the belt. No course will be over 32 rounds, but you may want to reload on the move and so forth without running the gun empty. Each array won't be over 8 rounds, so reloading while moving to the next position is wise.

Most likely everyone (as in all 2 or so) of Limited 10 guys will be shooting major. You will get owned in Open, don't go there. Another option is to shoot Limited Minor. This means you can fill your mags up, won't have to do so many reloads or have as many mags. Brad shoots Limited Minor and does very well there against Limited Major shooters.

Just my :twocents: but you might want to think about shooting Limited Minor until you get a feel for the game. It's just easier to make your stage plan with fewer reloads. Definitely production or Limited is where you need to be.

Never heard of Limited Minor but that sounds like a good way to start.. I don't think I have enough mag carriers to have 5 on my belt right now. If I really enjoy it I'd probably pick up a few more Comp-Tac mag carriers.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Sorry for the confusion. I was meaning shooting in Limited with minor scoring as that's what your 9 rounds will meet (less than 165pf), unless you've stoked them REALLY hot:laugh:

When I've shot limited I've had one mag to start in the gun and two on my belt. With mag extensions I think that put me at around 70 rounds. Overkill, for sure, unless a mag fails. You'll be fine with 3 mags loaded up shooting limited.

Enjoy!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Oh, if you run Limited you can have your mags anywhere you want them. So be sure to try out some super gamer belt placements.....

And try thy best not to reload standing still. I think you're going to dig it.

Top Bottom