• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Weird thing about the scores from saturday. For some reason I'm listed under CDP, even though I haven't shot .45 in well over a year.
    Also, I'm always listed under SSP on the WSSC sheets, even though I always sign up as ESP. :dunno:

It's just local, so not really a big deal, I know where I'm supposed to be. Inquiring minds (just mine I guess) want to know...
    Peeps need to get on the technology bandwagon and use Practiscore. Outside of a couple newbie quirks, it's super easy to use and you got instant scores that can be emailed before a lot of folks even leave the range. :rockwoot:

I don't think we're ready to move on and discuss shooting things yet Brent. We need to heal from the Princess Pic.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Hmmmm, both clubs have had trouble getting your checks in the right boxes when doing things the simplest possible way, so therefore we should start doing things the most complicated possible way, hmmmmm.

Well, you might have a point there.
    Either way, I'm all about innovation... would be kinda neat to try, if the club(s) support was there. :dunno:

I do have a question or two about the score tallies, at least on RB's sheets. If I add all the stage times up, it comes out to the "match score". Now the downs are in parenthesis, which I assume are calculated into said stage times (wouldn't raw times be better to display instead, if this is the case?). What about the PE's, FTN's and NT hits... are they mixed in with the points down for each stage or are they not calculated in there somewhere? Again, this is most likely me over-analyzing and probably missing something simple...

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Either way, I'm all about innovation... would be kinda neat to try, if the club(s) support was there. :dunno:

I do have a question or two about the score tallies, at least on RB's sheets. If I add all the stage times up, it comes out to the "match score". Now the downs are in parenthesis, which I assume are calculated into said stage times (wouldn't raw times be better to display instead, if this is the case?). What about the PE's, FTN's and NT hits... are they mixed in with the points down for each stage or are they not calculated in there somewhere? Again, this is most likely me over-analyzing and probably missing something simple...

I think Gary is going to whip out the wiz bang at Owensboro pretty soon if you want to see the process from day one, USPSA sort of has to in a way.

So far I've only seen wiz bang used at 3 clubs. It slows down the scoring, takes away pasting and resetting help, befuddles the start time as all the bits and bytes get organized into squads, and occasionally leads to some confused kindle huddling as oopsies are identified and addressed. It also can save someone a mongo buttload of time after a big match with lots of data entry as you noted and likely makes scoring more accurate. If I were king I think wiz bang would be the way to go on a nice day but would rather go back to get-er-done when it is nasty outside. Have not seen any system proofing with rain & pouring sweat but I'm assuming the black boxes can handle that.

Boo boo seconds are added to time for each stage as you surmised.

Last edited:

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Well, you might have a point there.

Hey Kisada, and everyone else whatz up?!? ....whew been a long time since I've posted here. As far as the scoreing, RB uses Beach Bunny software....although the company quit suporting it, still a great software package. I mention that, just so you know it's good stuff (IMHO). The number in parenthisis (Points down) are the bregrungendly 'earned' points down (period). The time is a summation of the points down, plus the PE, HNT, FTN's etc. All of this is done automagically in the software. Still good stuff. However, there are a lot of numbers to be read, typed in and checked....and then double checked. With all those numbers and names and divisions, et al, it's easy to make a mistake. If it's wrong, hit the reply button and let the score keeper know, he would appreciate it. Not browbeating anyone, it's all good, just sharing what I have learned in the past. Its a pretty tough job.

Now as far as the whiz bang stuff....had this old....mean more mature fella once tell me: "you don't want to be the alpha tester, you dont want to be the beta tester....you want to be the omega tester". I think he knew what he was talking about.

And then there's this princess thing, really?!? Why not Simba, Rafiky, Brother Bear? Brear Rabbit, Brear Bear?!?!? Oh princess, princess, princess..... Thank God the two 'other' princesses on the outside don't wear crocks!!!!!!!!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Hey Kisada, and everyone else whatz up?!? ....whew been a long time since I've posted here. As far as the scoreing, RB uses Beach Bunny software....although the company quit suporting it, still a great software package. I mention that, just so you know it's good stuff (IMHO). The number in parenthisis (Points down) are the bregrungendly 'earned' points down (period). The time is a summation of the points down, plus the PE, HNT, FTN's etc. All of this is done automagically in the software. Still good stuff. However, there are a lot of numbers to be read, typed in and checked....and then double checked. With all those numbers and names and divisions, et al, it's easy to make a mistake. If it's wrong, hit the reply button and let the score keeper know, he would appreciate it. Not browbeating anyone, it's all good, just sharing what I have learned in the past. Its a pretty tough job.

Now as far as the whiz bang stuff....had this old....mean more mature fella once tell me: "you don't want to be the alpha tester, you dont want to be the beta tester....you want to be the omega tester". I think he knew what he was talking about.

And then there's this princess thing, really?!? Why not Simba, Rafiky, Brother Bear? Brear Rabbit, Brear Bear?!?!? Oh princess, princess, princess..... Thank God the two 'other' princesses on the outside don't wear crocks!!!!!!!!

Mr Owens, whats up stranger?
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort you guys put into the matches, before and after. I can only imagine putting in 40-60+ scores and trying to make sure everything gets tallied right. I was just basically nitpicking something that didn't matter in the end. :D

And yes, where's the Brear Rabbit/Uncle Remus photo op? I guess Song of the South isn't too P.C. these days. I think I remember seeing it in the theater in the late '70s maybe? :laugh:

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that it's probably prudent for the scorekeeper to not tally the scores at the end of a long day at the range. Wait for a fresh day.

I used to love being on the bleeding edge, then discovered along the way that the only bleeding was my ulcer. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    From a half torn scoresheet pic on Facebook, it looks like Brad took 1st ESP/MA and Big Don 1st ESP/EX. Couldn't see anyone else' score, I hope everyone did well. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    From a half torn scoresheet pic on Facebook, it looks like Brad took 1st ESP/MA and Big Don 1st ESP/EX. Couldn't see anyone else' score, I hope everyone did well. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Fun, but not much to the telling.
    Well run, close range hoser match (low overall time was something like 110, low points down was 1). Maybe something like 60 folks in total so all was pretty low key and trophies were all handed out by 2:00.
    B & D seemed happy with how they shot, the rest of us had nothing to brag about days but no crying either so aok I guess.
    I like the more technical matches better than the run and gun stuff so I probably won't return, but I think a lot of folks have the opposite preference so it is all good.

The Rainier Classic (July 19, sort of near Nashville, same outfit as what runs the Music City Cup) head cheese was there. Since it is a 1st time match he said he didn't know if it will draw a big crowd or not, planning something a bit on the technical / challenging side & said he will have POWDER on the prize table.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Fun, but not much to the telling.
    Well run, close range hoser match (low overall time was something like 110, low points down was 1). Maybe something like 60 folks in total so all was pretty low key and trophies were all handed out by 2:00.
    B & D seemed happy with how they shot, the rest of us had nothing to brag about days but no crying either so aok I guess.
    I like the more technical matches better than the run and gun stuff so I probably won't return, but I think a lot of folks have the opposite preference so it is all good.

The Rainier Classic (July 19, sort of near Nashville, same outfit as what runs the Music City Cup) head cheese was there. Since it is a 1st time match he said he didn't know if it will draw a big crowd or not, planning something a bit on the technical / challenging side & said he will have POWDER on the prize table.

Thanks for the info. I noticed the the points down was WAY low for a major. Guess that explains it.

Mike always puts out a great prize table. Knowing him there will be 8lb jugs of powder to give away LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I've thought about checking out the Rainier match down there, as well as the MC Cup. Haven't signed up for either yet, but might need to check them out. Anyone else looking at these two matches?

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I've thought about checking out the Rainier match down there, as well as the MC Cup. Haven't signed up for either yet, but might need to check them out. Anyone else looking at these two matches?

Seriously considering the Ranier match. Already registered for Sellersburg in October so not likely to make the music city cup

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    3 or 4 RB folks are signed up that I know about. Am violating my own principle of avoiding miserable death by heat rays from 10 hours in the sun. A smarter version of me would have skipped Rainier and planned for MSC in the fall instead of vica versa.
    Might still be a fun match in a large group of foul smelling adults in soggy undies sort of way though. Comfort does not leave you with any good stories.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmmm. On second thought, skip Rainier, shoot Lewisport that day & Riley the next day if feeling froggy. Rainier = 10 stages 180 rounds much less sleep a little more driving & 10 hours in hot sun of death VS 12 stages maybe 340 rounds, sound sleep, last minute flexibility, reduced cost overall.
    Hmmmmm.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hmmmm. On second thought, skip Rainier, shoot Lewisport that day & Riley the next day if feeling froggy. Rainier = 10 stages 180 rounds much less sleep a little more driving & 10 hours in hot sun of death VS 12 stages maybe 340 rounds, sound sleep, last minute flexibility, reduced cost overall.
    Hmmmmm.

What is this Riley you speak of Sensei?

disregard, found it

shooting Lewisport this weekend, health willing.
    Also good idea as a substitute for Ranier, thanks

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What is this Riley you speak of Sensei?

disregard, found it

shooting Lewisport this weekend, health willing.
    Also good idea as a substitute for Ranier, thanks

Was going to go yesterday but had serious butt drag :(. Have only been once but I think that place is going to be hard to top for cool stages so I'd like to make a habit of it.

Check out the run like heck to the box or shoot at AR15 distance stage from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0E...ature=youtu.be , for some reason I think that is pretty cool.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Was going to go yesterday but had serious butt drag :(. Have only been once but I think that place is going to be hard to top for cool stages so I'd like to make a habit of it.

Check out the run like heck to the box or shoot at AR15 distance stage from yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0E...ature=youtu.be , for some reason I think that is pretty cool.

Fantastic Video! I am ready for a match...been too long and everybody is out shooting a lot more than I have been... it won't be pretty my first time back in the saddle I'm afraid.

Speaking of, who all is considering Owensboro this coming Saturday?

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Fantastic Video! I am ready for a match...been too long and everybody is out shooting a lot more than I have been... it won't be pretty my first time back in the saddle I'm afraid.

Speaking of, who all is considering Owensboro this coming Saturday?

I was planning on going to the OWB this weekend. If you want to car pool, let me know. I can drive or chip in on gas if you want to, and I play navigator. :laugh:

Top Bottom