• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Oh, if you run Limited you can have your mags anywhere you want them. So be sure to try out some super gamer belt placements.....

And try thy best not to reload standing still. I think you're going to dig it.

Ok! Thanks for the clarification...although Limited Minor does sound like it should be an actual division!!!

Now my fear is to dig it a lot and then feel like I gotta get a .40 or something LOL

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Yeah, but I don't know if caliber will be the main issue, 40 is kind of a given. The real drama comes from the fact that all the cool USPSA kids run STIs or CZs which will TOTALLY complicate your continual M&P vs Glock debate.

Then you'll have to decide if you want to shoot SSP with plastic or ESP with metal!

This is to say nothing of the reality that a lot of folks are abandoning USPSA for multigun.

It's a slippery slope and it never ends!:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, but I don't know if caliber will be the main issue, 40 is kind of a given. The real drama comes from the fact that all the cool USPSA kids run STIs or CZs which will TOTALLY complicate your continual M&P vs Glock debate.

Then you'll have to decide if you want to shoot SSP with plastic or ESP with metal!

This is to say nothing of the reality that a lot of folks are abandoning USPSA for multigun.

It's a slippery slope and it never ends!:laugh:

LOLOL Thankfully my pocketbook has seen the STI and CZ price and I think I'm good with plastic fantastics :D One war is bad enough so that should help in that area!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Well thanks SBC, just thanks loads. Now I've got to listen to all this internal turmoil at extreme levels tomorrow while we are at the range. :)
    I may have leave the electronic hearing protection at home, and op for normal muffs plus plugs tomorrow. :)

Kisida, Just STOP IT, man. Stop changing guns. Stop it!
    We'll very soon be confusing you with Dusty. :)

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, if you got the carriers I agree prodo. would be the way to go. My CZ is pretty much a limited gun, so that dictated where I went. Also, making my quickie one-piece mag carriers lent to fairly cheap entry. Now I just need to get "Eadens accurate" so minor scoring doesn't hurt as bad.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The death star will be in play Saturday :), and a 6 steel plate line up that should be fun to watch and see folks run through.

Limited minor is how I'd go Mike, if for no other reason than it allows you to actually use your mags to capacity for once. If you like the sport it may not end up costing you much in equipment, production class (think ssp but with 4 or 5 mags on your belt) is a lot of fun and I'm thinking about switching over to a basically stock XD 9mm.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The death star will be in play Saturday :), and a 6 steel plate line up that should be fun to watch and see folks run through.

Limited minor is how I'd go Mike, if for no other reason than it allows you to actually use your mags to capacity for once. If you like the sport it may not end up costing you much in equipment, production class (think ssp but with 4 or 5 mags on your belt) is a lot of fun and I'm thinking about switching over to a basically stock XD 9mm.

ok! I think I might just shoot limited minor just to get my feet wet. Worse case is I have to buy a couple extra mag carriers if I really like it!

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana

I've only done USPSA once and chose production. Will do the same Saturday if able to make it. Toyed with going limited but figured I could use as much practice with reloads as possible. Also felt that being able to reload on the move & between shooting positions would, at least to a small degree, help equalize the trade off between full mags vs minor power factor.

I see stages haven't been posted yet, hopefully will be up today

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I've only done USPSA once and chose production. Will do the same Saturday if able to make it. Toyed with going limited but figured I could use as much practice with reloads as possible. Also felt that being able to reload on the move & between shooting positions would, at least to a small degree, help equalize the trade off between full mags vs minor power factor.

I see stages haven't been posted yet, hopefully will be up today

On second thought I recant. Whatever M wants to give a try is the thing to do, it is all fun. Do think TJ gave him solid advice about going to somebody else's squad though.

Don't know when stages will be posted, it will be a very similar match to the one you shot last time though.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    On second thought I recant. Whatever M wants to give a try is the thing to do, it is all fun. Do think TJ gave him solid advice about going to somebody else's squad though.

Don't know when stages will be posted, it will be a very similar match to the one you shot last time though.

Production makes the most sense but the notion of loading my mags to capacity for once seems like too good of a chance to pass up. I do have 2 extra mag carriers I forgot about so I could do Production with 4 carriers plus the one in my gun. I'll bring what I have and decide on the way up LOL

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah I thought about getting on Pauls squad again, we should probably do that. It ran pretty clean and care free. I think our local squad didn't fare as well, I believe Jeff might have mentioned it previously. :laugh:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The COF's are like O.O WOW!!! A lot to keep track of... might be best if I do shoot limited minor so I don't have to worry about mag changes...I'll have a hard enough time keeping track of what targets I've already engaged.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The COF's are like O.O WOW!!! A lot to keep track of... might be best if I do shoot limited minor so I don't have to worry about mag changes...I'll have a hard enough time keeping track of what targets I've already engaged.

He Who Must Be Adhered To (BossHoss) told me that limited 10 or production or single stack might actually help me with keeping track of targets. I think the way it goes is that you tend to plan your route in groups relative to magazine capacity, sometimes it is the limited or open guys who tend to sort of get lost. Assuming that I understood correctly.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    He Who Must Be Adhered To (BossHoss) told me that limited 10 or production or single stack might actually help me with keeping track of targets. I think the way it goes is that you tend to plan your route in groups relative to magazine capacity, sometimes it is the limited or open guys who tend to sort of get lost. Assuming that I understood correctly.

That is one way to think of it. That is going to be the odd part...with IDPA you can only have X number of targets so you rarely are reloading more than once unless revolver or CDP...and you normally don't have to plan routes or reloads either. Should make for great practice in breaking down a stage...something every shooter should be proficient at doing. Going to be interesting...my goal is to not earn my first DQ for busting the 180! Anything north of that and I am golden!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    That was the biggest thing on my mind was doing something dumb or worried about trying to backpedal and breaking 180. But honestly I had no issues with that at all. It was suprising how natural it felt, once I saw a couple guys run a stage. Plus my cousin was there so we chatted a lot which probably took away some of the over thinking. (when not airgunning) :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    That is one way to think of it. That is going to be the odd part...with IDPA you can only have X number of targets so you rarely are reloading more than once unless revolver or CDP...and you normally don't have to plan routes or reloads either. Should make for great practice in breaking down a stage...something every shooter should be proficient at doing. Going to be interesting...my goal is to not earn my first DQ for busting the 180! Anything north of that and I am golden!

Paul (Bosshoss) has been doing USPSA almost as long as I've been alive. I think he even started one of the clubs up north, held majors there and was Area 51 Grand Poomba or something. The short of it is that he's knows what's up (and I'm pretty sure he will give the real, actual time- important when dealing with USPSA ROs these days). Whether anyone else thinks so or not, that's good advice. But, take it for what it's worth. I actually like shooting with new shooters at other clubs and majors than the normal crew down our way. Others seem to like to shoot with the same people all the time. It's really whatever floats your boat.

Learning stage breakdown will help any other game you shoot. It's one of my weaknesses that I need to become more proficient at. This will do you good.

The most important tip I can give you is TELL NO ONE there that you're and IDPA shooter. The good ole boys from my native state won't care at all. The MD won't care. Others will and you will likely be asked "what class" and upon telling them they'll be like "oh, EX eh, yeah, that's about D class here":laugh:

Grelber, I'm surprised Paul didn't add revo into that division list:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'll be in Illinois shooting the Brownells Gateway 3gun on Saturday. I can't wait! Tiff is taking the kiddos to the Zoo with their Grandma. St. Louis Zoo, not Evansville... We've never had a problem there lol.

Top Bottom