• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I was planning on going to the OWB this weekend. If you want to car pool, let me know. I can drive or chip in on gas if you want to, and I play navigator. :laugh:
    I would like to go but don't count me in until later this week. jennifer starts her radiation this week and depending on how she feels come Friday will dictate if I go on Saturday... but I'm really REALLY dying to go!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Say what? Hope she's OK. I'll be praying for her.

I didn't tell you? I thought I had told everyone. About 2 months ago after one of her mammogram they found a spot and she had to have surgery to have it removed. Everything has came back clean and clear and she just has to go for some minor radiation theropy for the next few weeks. Said she can maybe burn like a sunburn and possibly be fatigued but she is in the clear! I will let her know, though! we appreciate it TJ Thank you!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah, didn't you get that memo? ;)
    But in all seriousness, good luck with the radio treatments, hope all turns out well.

How was vacation? Not long enough I would guess?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    vaca was awesome! it rained on us a couple of days down there but we did all that we had planned plus a ton more. The villa we rented was awesome, the food was awesome and the parks were awesome! ready to go back!!!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    That pic messed with my brain, had to go watch the video again.
    I'll admit, the 180 (or whatever it's called in uspsa) does seem a bit more lax than Idpa, at least at our clubs, but that does look a bit unsafe... can't say I'd be caught dead standing in that spot. :joke:
    I noticed at Lewisport last month they didn't seem to mind peeps standing close to the 180 line, whereas we usually enforce closer to 220 it would seem, depending on your SO.

Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'll admit, the 180 (or whatever it's called in uspsa) does seem a bit more lax than Idpa, at least at our clubs, but that does look a bit unsafe. I noticed that at Lewisport last month. They didn't seem to mind peeps standing close to the 180 line, whereas we usually enforce closer to 220 it would seem, depending on your SO.

None for me thanks. Besides my fear of lead poisoning I think it is a distraction that the shooter shouldn't have to deal with.

That said, look for people with cameras at about 182 degrees at the Kolonel this year.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    None for me thanks. Besides my fear of lead poisoning I think it is a distraction that the shooter shouldn't have to deal with.

That said, look for people with cameras at about 182 degrees at the Kolonel this year.

What kinda people? You talking fellow squadmates w/GoPro's, or more like media-type photographers? :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    What kinda people? You talking fellow squadmates w/GoPro's, or more like media-type photographers? :D

I'm probably full of it again & it won't happen, have seen the event photo folks crowd things a bit and that was what I was thinking about.

Hmm, I call it downrange as depicted in photo.

"8 x 10 colored glossy pictures with circles and arrows and paragraphs on the back of each one describing how they was to be used as evidence against us"

Or something like that, it has been too long since I've listened to the Alice's Restaurant Massacre.

Anyway. Yellow string is the 180 line. Brave soul is up range, target is downrange. I've got an unfair advantage looking at the picture because I shot on that bay last month. "And that's not to mention the aerial photography".

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I didn't tell you? I thought I had told everyone. About 2 months ago after one of her mammogram they found a spot and she had to have surgery to have it removed. Everything has came back clean and clear and she just has to go for some minor radiation theropy for the next few weeks. Said she can maybe burn like a sunburn and possibly be fatigued but she is in the clear! I will let her know, though! we appreciate it TJ Thank you!

No problem my friend!

I'll admit, the 180 (or whatever it's called in uspsa) does seem a bit more lax than Idpa, at least at our clubs, but that does look a bit unsafe... can't say I'd be caught dead standing in that spot. :joke:
    I noticed at Lewisport last month they didn't seem to mind peeps standing close to the 180 line, whereas we usually enforce closer to 220 it would seem, depending on your SO.

It's not a safety issue in USPSA because those shooters are far superior to IDPA shooters. If you doubt it, just ask one and they'll let you know:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It's not a safety issue in USPSA because those shooters are far superior to IDPA shooters. If you doubt it, just ask one and they'll let you know:D

That is, by far, the best answer I've ever heard! :D

I didn't actually notice that...was watching the gun but...wow!!! he is outside the 180 but I think that is just...wow! That would be a case of one wrong move and he is perforated.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

I didn't actually notice that...was watching the gun but...wow!!! he is outside the 180 but I think that is just...wow! That would be a case of one wrong move and he is perforated.

I wonder what the rules are on spectators and re-shoots? Legal spot, not legal spot, if you see someone standing a few degrees off where you are shooting it seems like your focus and mojo could turn to poo poo and/or you could reasonably decide that you shouldn't proceed.

Where is BossHoss when you really need him?

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

:laugh: It's probably not a fair assessment of all USPSA shooters- the top guys I've been around, GMs and such, really don't feel that way or care. Lower ranks that are exclusive USPSA guys, oh yeah.

Also, more fairly, I think you're 99% more likely to get dq'ed for breaking the 180 in USPSA than IDPA. Just my observation over the few USPSA matches I've been around and a bunch of IDPA matches I've been around.

I wonder what the rules are on spectators and re-shoots? Legal spot, not legal spot, if you see someone standing a few degrees off where you are shooting it seems like your focus and mojo could turn to poo poo and/or you could reasonably decide that you shouldn't proceed.

Where is BossHoss when you really need him?

That's a good question and I've never seen it addressed in any rulebook. I'd think that any SO/RO worth his salt would fix the issue before rounds started flying and be cool if a shooter just stopped and said "get that guy out of the way, I want a reshoot." Me personally, I think if I come around a barrel and saw that I'd just tell the SO/RO I'm done, unload, show clear, holster and whatever he did from that point with me or the spectator would be OK. If he addresses it properly, cool. If not, I can head to the house or paste or whatever. Seems like the shooting sports retain their fun better when no one gets shot.

Well, OK, I'd probably say something to the spectator. Kind, gentle words of encouragement, of course:laugh:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Did someone say RB is having a classifier next time around? I'm not sure why I've got that thought in my head, but if it's true, I think I might see what I can do with my ESP classification.

And, if it's true, anyone else looking, hoping to take it to the next level or are you good where you're at?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well, OK, I'd probably say something to the spectator. Kind, gentle words of encouragement, of course:laugh:

:nuts:

I think RB is trying to match up the classifier day with a "man it is miserable out here" hot day, so I think the weather report might determine if it happens in July. There will likely be some top secret classifiers at both clubs as well :shady:.

I'm indulging in the fantasy that I could do some focused practice and maybe classify up to expert on a good day (I hit the score once last year and I think I could improve on what I did if it was one of those firing on all 8 cylinders kind of days). What I really want to do is nudge things up to a point where I could do the score without focused course practice though.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    :nuts:

I think RB is trying to match up the classifier day with a "man it is miserable out here" hot day, so I think the weather report might determine if it happens in July. There will likely be some top secret classifiers at both clubs as well :shady:.

I'm indulging in the fantasy that I could do some focused practice and maybe classify up to expert on a good day (I hit the score once last year and I think I could improve on what I did if it was one of those firing on all 8 cylinders kind of days). What I really want to do is nudge things up to a point where I could do the score without focused course practice though.

Maybe I should have used purple.

Thanks for the clarification on the classifier, good to know I'm not completely loosing my mind. I have no doubt you can hit EX and I know what you're saying about just being able to hit that mark as is without focusing your practice time on it. Just take this for what it is, I believe that as long as you don't let frustrations get to you, you could run an EX classifier any day of the week and certainly in a secret classifier (they're the best!).

As for me, I'm a total gamer and will practice nothing but the classifier until I shoot it if it's coming up. It's not like I'm going to shoot ESP at a major, but I like the idea of mastering out of classifiers for life:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    So are they honestly thinking July as a Classifier match? I don't need one and I'm not exactly looking to go into Sellersberg one classification higher than I am right now...but I do want to make MA in at least 1 division! I think with the small amount of practice I've had lately there is little danger of having that happen though LOL But now that vacation is out of the way I'm ready to jump feet first back into everything and maybe by the end of the year I'll be ready for a Classifier to see what I can do. Worse comes to worse and I don't feel like I'm able to maintain the intensity to shoot at MA level in SSP...eh, I'll just shoot ESP and put a magwell on my pistol and call it good LOL

Speaking of shooting...what does the Owensboro IDPA match cost? Still recovering from all things Disney/Universal...

Oh, and Jeff would have totally made EX last time at WSSC if he wasn't sporing shoes that had soles which resembled bologna skins!!!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Speaking of shooting...what does the Owensboro IDPA match cost? Still recovering from all things Disney/Universal...

Oh, and Jeff would have totally made EX last time at WSSC if he wasn't sporing shoes that had soles which resembled bologna skins!!!

$15 I think, maybe 20. Not IDPA though.

No ex was aok, screwing up shoulder on impact not so much.

Top Bottom