Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    AFA1B1DD-8362-443E-9266-E17F47AE7B42_zps0miijpxp.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Finally got a court order for a new title on my 68 lemans, just ordered coils, struts, shifter, external hard ware, and a few other odds and ends supposed to look at a transmission on sunday. Anyone trying to unload a TH400? Im kinda new in this area and only have a couple friends that can help me build. Any advice on compressing the coils safely?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finally got a court order for a new title on my 68 lemans, just ordered coils, struts, shifter, external hard ware, and a few other odds and ends supposed to look at a transmission on sunday. Anyone trying to unload a TH400? Im kinda new in this area and only have a couple friends that can help me build. Any advice on compressing the coils safely?
    Cool! Make sure you are looking at a BOP th400 assuming it will has a Poncho underhood. Chevy th400 is different. On the springs, car on jack stands, jack under the lower control arm. Loosen the bolts and let the jack down slowly. That's the easiest and safest way to do it if you are keeping the brakes together.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Cool! Make sure you are looking at a BOP th400 assuming it will has a Poncho underhood. Chevy th400 is different. On the springs, car on jack stands, jack under the lower control arm. Loosen the bolts and let the jack down slowly. That's the easiest and safest way to do it if you are keeping the brakes together.

the tranny im looking at is out of a chevy! I was under the impression i could purchase an adapter that will make it mount up. Its going to be connected to a fresh pontiac 400 :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If you are keeping it all "Poncho" you will need a BOP turbo as a chevy will not fit.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I believe some of the later T400's had "GM" cases with duel bolt patterns.
    I did some transmissions years ago that had the duel bolt patterns.
    Don't remember the specifics or when they were used.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Do you guys know anything about the old school fireball cams? Guy i bought my engine off built it with a fireball cam and i cant find any specs on it. Ill have to out some pics up in awhile. The reason ive got new struts and coils is the guy bolted the coils to the struts to limit compression for racing.. hows that for an old gasser trick?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom