Not open for further replies.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have a gallon of this if you need some help getting those tires spinning.
    imageService

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I kinda feel like I'm on my Schwinn Apple Crate staring down the ramp we made from a table that had two of the legs broken off.

I thought it looked too steep but then one of the guys blows right past the double dog dare to the triple dog dare.
    I can still feel the shifter that was on the top bar as it drove my cherries up between my shoulders.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I kinda feel like I'm on my Schwinn Apple Crate staring down the ramp we made from a table that had two of the legs broken off.

I thought it looked too steep but then one of the guys blows right past the double dog dare to the triple dog dare.
    I can still feel the shifter that was on the top bar as it drove my cherries up between my shoulders.

Orange crate here........Lucky I could reproduce.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Now you guys are talking more my speed. Although I never had the Krate, that was my brothers thing, I always had (still have one) regular Stingray. The Fastbacks are my favorites.

This is my car show/swap meet ride. She's all original and has lots of "Patina".
    IMG_6144.JPG

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Drove the truck around today. Put about 75 miles on it.

Had some trouble with the TV cable. The kit that was installed on the Holley has too much pull on the cable when going from idle to WOT.
    If I adjust it where it has a distinct shift it will self adjust to loosen up when you go to full throttle.
    Then the shift points are mushy.

Got to get some of the bugs worked out.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

Had some trouble with the TV cable. The kit that was installed on the Holley has too much pull on the cable when going from idle to WOT.
    If I adjust it where it has a distinct shift it will self adjust to loosen up when you go to full throttle.

I'm sure you'll get this sorted out. Anytime they are down for that much work, it's always a trial for awhile as everything gets tuned and adjusted. We personally put a minimum of 200 miles on one that's had that much work before we turn the keys over. That's the worst part of the job. It's such a chore to be cruising around in something like that..... :cool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There is a specific process involved if you have the 700R4 in it. I struggled with the one we had in the boys Monti Carlo. Not sure what I did with the instructions I wrote down to get the issues ironed out.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    These are some of mine that I built over the years.
    before and after pics

Wife's 79 Camaro in the late 80's

Cars went back together a lot quicker when I was younger. The 69 Chevelle SS took me about 4 months, 72 El camino about a month and the Camaro about a month too.
    I'm presently working on a 87 Monte Carlo SS. Its been a few years now and should be done this spring.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Truck update

Bell Tire aligned the front end yesterday. They got the steering out of center.
    1.5 turns to the right and 2.5 turns to the left :nuts:

I took it back today and they tell me that all the shims fell out of the drivers side. They blamed the mechanic saying that they didn't have to mess with that side so they didn't check the fasteners.

I called BS and told them they needed to replace the shims and do realignment.
    They wanted me to come back on Monday when another guy was there to do it. They said it was just guess work on how many shims to add before running the alignment again.

I have never done an alignment before but I would think the machine would tell you how much to add.

My my plan is to take it to Rustyhornet tomorrow for a look over so I'm hoping Bell Tire gets it done.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Finally got around to replacing this today. Discovered it a couple months back. Working on my own stuff today and since the guy who made the sway bars is right next door to the shop, I walked over and asked if he could help me out. Said he'd never seen one break like that before. Asked how it happened, I said my best guess is off roading. :laugh:

IMG_6173.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom