• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    As with anything, it's all about the prep work. Sometimes I feel that I spend too much time in pre-paint prep, but it all shows after the clear goes on.

I love white cars. To me they just mean business.

I'm a sucker for an all white car with blacked out wheels. No graphics, no stripes, no badges.

Just business.

White is also the most functional color-- helps shed heat and can show you source of leaks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm a sucker for an all white car with blacked out wheels. No graphics, no stripes, no badges.

Just business.

White is also the most functional color-- helps shed heat and can show you source of leaks!

I have posted this car before but it just seems like a good time to do it again

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'll try to post pics later of the car that is the reason for me doing what I do. I've only ever heard stories and seen a handful of pics of it, but it's white. My dads first car, has nothing to do with me, but if it wasn't for that car he wouldn't do what he does and therefore I wouldn't be doing the same thing.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    White and black is a sexy combo... I really want to build a Chevette, paint it white and use a flat clear.

chevrolet-chevette_key_0.jpg

Like this? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Swap IROC wheels out for some all-black 10-holes and I'm drooling even more!

The Irocs were the only real option I had to get the tire I wanted under that car without doing a mini-tub to it.
    Hotchkis trailing arms and sway bar. Poly bushes throughout. Fat jack "A" arms and front sway was a Guldstrand if memory serves. Guldstrand did the springs and shocks. Damn thing was a slot car if you could control the power.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    is that a habor freight box and pan brake i see on the right?.......looks like mine....
    No sir, and it's owner would be upset for anybody suggesting so. That man has sent more Snap-On guys into retirement than he would care to admit. :):

I'm not sure on the box break, it's an old piece. I'll get that for you when I get back from lunch.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    No sir, and it's owner would be upset for anybody suggesting so. That man has sent more Snap-On guys into retirement than he would care to admit. :):

I'm not sure on the box break, it's an old piece. I'll get that for you when I get back from lunch.

ok guess mine is old i bought it in 94...:fogey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom