patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I like it Rusty. It's kind of becoming the official Czickness color scheme. Instead of Copperhead, maybe it should be called the CopperBottom. What is everyone's thoughts on a good matching set of VZ grips for that color scheme? The black rubber stock grips are great as is, but if someone were to do that scheme and want to do some VZs with it, what would you guys go with?

Rodney Copperbottom. The movie "Robots". Aunt Fannie is my favorite!

Now where were we?

OH! SQUIRREL!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have fun, Tom. Tell the boys we say hi! I will make it down there one of these days.

Have fun shooting tonight guys! Wish I could be there with you.

Excellent range trip tonight with some great folks. I also got to see the Redhead in all red and then partially black. ;)

All I can say is WOW! What a great range trip! I always enjoy getting to spend time with BA and The Wizard and shoot some of their fine, fine guns. I love my 75 Compact SAO, but getting to shoot 3 compacts that BA brought, his 85, plus Barry's 97, The Wizard's 97, the Wizard's Shadow, plus his frankengun 1911. :wow:

:drool::drool::drool:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is WOW! What a great range trip! I always enjoy getting to spend time with BA and The Wizard and shoot some of their fine, fine guns. I love my 75 Compact SAO, but getting to shoot 3 compacts that BA brought, his 85, plus Barry's 97, The Wizard's 97, the Wizard's Shadow, plus his frankengun 1911. :wow:

The Frankengun turned out pretty well considering.....:)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

You're too kind, Tom. You bring some very nice pieces for us to shoot also.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy DOGG.

I don't feel like working today. Although it should be an easy day. Replacing an exhaust system on a 1970 Chevelle LS-6 car. Putting a factory OE spec system on it, supposed to bolt right up in under an hour. I checked it out yesterday, it's pretty sweet. But it should be for $2000.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's quiet in here this morning. I hope that means that everyone that went shooting last night had a good time and is sleeping in this morning to celebrate.

I've started to take down and polish the SP01C/40. Wow, what a cruddy, dirty gun. It's probably the dirtiest gun I've run across in a while. So far, the frame has been completey stripped and cleaned and I've begun smoothing the inner frame walls. Once those are polished, I'm thinking of cold bluing them and then polishing them again to bring the polish level up and help with an oil film retention. Next up will be the trigger bar and then the sear cage after that. I'll polish the pins and am going to cut the hammer hooks down to .020. The sear can use a bit of polish too, but I'll probably just pull that across a strop a couple of times. My goal is to polish any surface that moves against another surface. Once that is all done, I'll see how she runs and will troubleshoot it from a good, clean, polished state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom