• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I stopped by my LGS last night to fondle a few CZs. One of the ones they just got in was a 452 Finale. It's the last of the CZ 452s being built and they are limited to only a 1000 gun run. What a beautiful rifle. It has a walnut stock that's hand checkered, a deep blue barrel and nicely done scroll work engraving. Even the scope rings are engraved. The bolt has been jeweled too. As beautiful as it is, I just could not bring myself to even seriously consider spending $1200 on a .22 bolt action rifle. I know that the gun is worth the money, but it just does not fit what I want. They also got another PCR in along with an Omega suppressor ready 75B in Urban Gray. The PCR is interesting to me, but I don't know why. If I look at it as a decent $570 carry pistol, it's a good deal. If I think of it as a completely Cajunized pistol with TFX Pros and VZ grips for close to $1100, then it's much less interesting. Yet, if I bought it, that's exactly what I would turn it into. That $1100 would be much better spent on an RZ45 Heritage or even a CZ 1911 with a couple of upgrades.
    I made the mistake of fondling a 455 with Mannlicher "man licker" stock not too long ago. Those are gorgeous and plenty affordable. I do miss having a "manual" 22 rifle without a scope for plinking. I will pick one up one of these days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While everything you say is true, the PCR, IMHO, is CZs very best carry gun. Well, at least of the readily available currently produced models. ;)

I feel my wallet beginning to get warm. It's like there's a credit card in there burning to be abused now. I might have to go look at that pistol again today. It doesn't help that the LGS gave me a bit of CZ swag while there. There's nothing like a new CZ hat to make you feel all spendy.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I really need to pass on the model 10. I want a beater wheel gun so bad to hone my skills on on a DA revovler. I will remain strong to set a good example to my peers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I feel my wallet beginning to get warm. It's like there's a credit card in there burning to be abused now. I might have to go look at that pistol again today. It doesn't help that the LGS gave me a bit of CZ swag while there. There's nothing like a new CZ hat to make you feel all spendy.

I've become quite a fan of the PCR. I really hated parting with the last one I had. But, it had to be done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to pass on the model 10. I want a beater wheel gun so bad to hone my skills on on a DA revovler. I will remain strong to set a good example to my peers.

Like anyone's going to pay any attention to a good example around here.

Imagine 3 guys meeting at the range to run their latest project guns. Two of them are shooting their latest buys and having a good time. The third is talking about how strong he was by not buying that last gun he wanted, so he's just along for the ride. Which of those three guys do you want to be? :dunno:

Strength through firepower!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Imagine 3 guys meeting at the range to run their latest project guns. Two of them are shooting their latest buys and having a good time. The third is talking about how strong he was by not buying that last gun he wanted, so he's just along for the ride. Which of those three guys do you want to be? :dunno:

Well, I've never even tried being that third guy, so....:dunno:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

What if said third guy purchased said firearm to be one of the cool guys at the range, would the other two guys be willing to pay for gas money and a radiator for the third guy's truck so he can make the shoot?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When a very young man (in another life) I let my rent/utilities go to put the Hemi in my 1964 Dodge Polara.
    I was pretty slick at turning the utility's back on but the rent made life a bit rough for a while.....:cool:

We do some bizarre things to feed our desires.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    RH, I thought you had already given in! I thought your "I'm weak" post yesterday meant you got one of those model 10s, or maybe even the matching SAO wheel guns with belt. You mean to tell me you've held strong this long?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    RH, I thought you had already given in! I thought your "I'm weak" post yesterday meant you got one of those model 10s, or maybe even the matching SAO wheel guns with belt. You mean to tell me you've held strong this long?
    You have no idea, brother....

I had a model 10 in the cart last night. Had the card out and was ready to go. I'm not sure what came over me. I was offered a transfer free of charge, would be rude to turn that down. I'd just have to plan a trip back to Clarksville to visit my big brother Indiucky. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom