• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And that's where we disagree. At some point, people will have to stand up and point out that it's the PAST.

Not so long ago past. Forgiveness, will fall on future generations. I do not believe you could ever demand the actual victims to get over it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The longer we keep identifying and grouping together based on skin color, the longer we'll stay apart and not together as one nation.

Well, that's certainly not the American way. We group ourselves by race, religion, location, wealth, and politics. Is any one better than the other?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, that's certainly not the American way. We group ourselves by race, religion, location, wealth, and politics. Is any one better than the other?

Maybe you do. I'm no part of a German-American organization and there's no famous Oklahomans month and I don't claim any sympathy for any race-baiting Presbytarian preacher bemoaning the plight of poor Scottish decendants and demanding better police protection while simultaneously outraged by the police protection I'm getting.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not so long ago past. Forgiveness, will fall on future generations. I do not believe you could ever demand the actual victims to get over it.

I'll give actual victims a pass. It's the people that have no personal experience that disgust me. At work there's a person that I don't care for. This person is abrasive, obnoxious, and lazy, so I keep my distance. This person came up to me and said I was racist because they are black and I ignore them. I pointed out that I didn't care for her because she was abrasive, obnoxious, and lazy, and I especially didn't care for her because she immediately pulled the race card.

It's people like that who continue to make the problem worse, and I'll have no problem (right or wrong) to tell them to get over it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'll give actual victims a pass. It's the people that have no personal experience that disgust me. At work there's a person that I don't care for. This person is abrasive, obnoxious, and lazy, so I keep my distance. This person came up to me and said I was racist because they are black and I ignore them. I pointed out that I didn't care for her because she was abrasive, obnoxious, and lazy, and I especially didn't care for her because she immediately pulled the race card.

It's people like that who continue to make the problem worse, and I'll have no problem (right or wrong) to tell them to get over it.

It's not in human nature to forgive and forget. That comes from somewhere else.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe you do. I'm no part of a German-American organization and there's no famous Oklahomans month and I don't claim any sympathy for any race-baiting Presbytarian preacher bemoaning the plight of poor Scottish decendants and demanding better police protection while simultaneously outraged by the police protection I'm getting.

Oh, so you're not a conservative or liberal?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No but that's the one we're discussing. American-Americans have plenty of their own problems.

I really don't believe the likes of Sharpton and Jackson actually speak for the majority of the black community, but they do get most of the tv time.

African-Americans have plenty of their own problems? Does anybody else hold this belief?
    And interestingly enough, Sharpton and Jackson get waaaay more TV time on mainstream networks, than say BET. So it begs the question , who keeps those clowns in the limelight?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, so you're not a conservative or liberal?

The people I stand with believe it's wrong to judge a person, their accomplishments, and their failures based upon (among other things) the color of their skin. Nor do the people I stand with believe special considerations should be given to nor winners chosen nor those sent to the back of the line based upon (again, among other things) the color of their skin. So no, I'm not a liberal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The people I stand with believe it's wrong to judge a person, their accomplishments, and their failures based upon (among other things) the color of their skin. Nor do the people I stand with believe special considerations should be given to nor winners chosen nor those sent to the back of the line based upon (again, among other things) the color of their skin. So no, I'm not a liberal.

So you aren't opposed to issuing labels (obviously).

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So you aren't opposed to issuing labels (obviously).

I am opposed to keeping greivances alive and embittering people based on skin color. But yes, some people are left handed. Some people are blond. Some people are jerks. Plenty of labels that apply to any one of us, some on any given day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am opposed to keeping greivances alive and embittering people based on skin color. But yes, some people are left handed. Some people are blond. Some people are jerks. Plenty of labels that apply to any one of us, some on any given day.

No, you qualified the label "liberal" did you not? You attributed a way of thinking based on that label, correct? So we have confirmed that labels can denote differences in thinking. Being labeled, left-handed, or blonde, doesn't hold the same weight as being labeled a liberal. So why can the same not be said for skin color? Not saying it's right, but it does exist.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No, you qualified the label "liberal" did you not? You attributed a way of thinking based on that label, correct? So we have confirmed that labels can denote differences in thinking. Being labeled, left-handed, or blonde, doesn't hold the same weight as being labeled a liberal. So why can the same not be said for skin color? Not saying it's right, but it does exist.

So people should be treated differently only because the amount of pigment in their skin?

Top Bottom