• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    There isn't a double standard, you're already calling the above mentioned institutions racist. Go ahead start your own whatever channel.... but I wouldn't put my life savings into it. Those institutions exist, and will continue to exist for a very long time. Deal with it.

Yes, there IS a double standard whether you see it or not. Most everyone, white, black, brown, or yellow, would call ANY of those organizations Rascist if you substituted the word White, for Black, but most blacks do NOT see any of those as being Rascist with the word "black" in them. That is, by definition, a double standard.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, there IS a double standard whether you see it or not. Most everyone, white, black, brown, or yellow, would call ANY of those organizations Rascist if you substituted the word White, for Black, but most blacks do NOT see any of those as being Rascist with the word "black" in them. That is, by definition, a double standard.

I'm fairly confident you can't speak on behalf of "most blacks." It's not our fault that most organizations that include "white" in their name, are often racist groups. Dont try to apply that standard universally.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    No one is forced to watch bet,cmt,David duke,Louis faraken,stormfront ,black panther......or are they.
    I was forced to watch the movie roots in elementary school all of it. Nothing but propagandistic, indoctrination.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Postage stamps, signs in stores, every night in local news, etc. Back to my question, what have you seen in recognition of Native American History month?

Never. Didn't know it existed. They need better PR people.

I'd imagine it's probably more obvious in places like Oklahoma, Kansas, and Arizona.

I lived in Kansas for almost 4 years. I never saw anything about it. I pay attention to that sort of thing, too, as I like going to the pow-wows and various festivals.

So Irish- American, and Italian-American months are ok?

Two more groups that need better PR, I guess. I never heard of them, and sure don't remember it being taught in school, reading books about prominent Irish inventors in a certain month, etc.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Like I said, a double standard that you refuse to see

Probably because it's not there. You just want to complain. Nobody is stopping you from starting your own channel. You call it whatever you want, and I certainly wouldn't care. Mainly because it would be doomed to fail. Like i said, BET exists, and ain't goin' nowhere, you can complain, but nevertheless you have no choices but to deal with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never. Didn't know it existed. They need better PR people.

I lived in Kansas for almost 4 years. I never saw anything about it. I pay attention to that sort of thing, too, as I like going to the pow-wows and various festivals.

Two more groups that need better PR, I guess. I never heard of them, and sure don't remember it being taught in school, reading books about prominent Irish inventors in a certain month, etc.

Apparently they do need better PR people. It's in March (Irish).

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    New England Patriots fans will stop at nothing. Can I get banned for this post?

I hope so! (Purple)

And I don't think the conspiracy exists, although it is a creative way to look at it. Oh and for the record, BET has some great stuff on it.
    I have been know to even watch a Comic View or 10.

So like I said, no Black History month conspiracy exists. Now the malt liquor conspiracy, that's got legs........

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    From what I can tell from this thread:

January
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    December
    Odd, because I've not seen any one of those months advertised as such. But, to be fair, I could've missed the billboards, the PSA's, the radio and television commercials, the displays and exhibits at museums and theaters, etc. :laugh:

Personally, don't care if there are such things. It's all good, and people should celebrate their history, whatever that would be. The diversity is what makes this country worthwhile. But, the 'standard' should be applied equitably across the board. If one form is okay, then all forms should be okay. JMO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    eh race history month is dumb. should teach real history

Funny. It's amazing how hypocritical some people are. Black History Month highlights the achievements of black Ameicans. And to black America, it is a very valuable chance to inform black Americans of the contributions blacks have had to society. Many here constantly complain about black people having an often toxic culture (which I can agree with), and stating that we need to get our house in order. Well, that starts with knowing your history. Kids need to understand that the world is open to us beyond professional sports or music. There have been trailblazers in a variety of fields besides entertainment. Astronauts, inventors, doctors, soldiers, authors, cowboys, activists, and numerous others than the old song and dance of King, Tubman, Washington, and Douglas. When people aren't exposed to the contributions their culture has made to a society, they tend to think their culture hasn't contributed at all, which is a shame. And in a nation where many of contributions were attributed to somebody else, or outright stolen, it's good to hear the real history behind the story. If one month is set aside to inform people, then you'll live. You don't have to teach your children anything, you can just stick your head in the sand and complain about the racist month of February, and how if there was a White History Month, the blacks would be marching in the streets in protest.... forgetting the fact that America history often overlooks a great deal of other contributive histories.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom