• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah that's the dichotomy, isn't it? At least we can agree on the goal.

I don't think there an issue with having a difference in world view based on your race. People see race and often make assumptions solely on that. I'd be a fool not to read recognize and acknowledge that truth.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I don't think there an issue with having a difference in world view based on your race. People see race and often make assumptions solely on that. I'd be a fool not to read recognize and acknowledge that truth.

Just to clarify, you think it is OK for people to have a different outlook on the world based on their race?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you think we're an integrated society? We are becoming more integrated, yes, but I'm sure I don't need to remind you that less than a half century ago, the minority wasn't afforded the the same privileges of the majority. It's not something that can be remedied in a generation.

So does having a separate "history month" aid or hinder integration?

Does it propagate the feeling you are different, and that you can only learn and be inspired by those who share your physical characteristics, or does it help move past that?

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood

Does it propagate the feeling you are different, and that you can only learn and be inspired by those who share your physical characteristics, or does it help move past that?

I think you already know the answer to these questions...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If you don't know where you're from, you don't know where you're going. It may propagate the feeling that one is different, but that should be discouraged. What it should do, is highlight capabilities and illustrate that anything can be accomplished. You can be inspired by anyone, but seeing someone "make it" that comes from a similar background certainly resonates better.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I am not all for an integrated society or a society that forces people to coexist. That doesn't have to be over race. Maybe I don't want to have a neighbor with blue eyes. Yes it's wrong for me to call him names while he's washing his car, but it's no wrog for me to not buy the house next to a person with blue eyes because I know In past personal experiences I don't like a majority of the people with blue eyes I've known.
    so me blue eyes hears that I didn't buy the house next to him and is now mad. So he finds out where I did move to and buys the house next to me just to be a dick and prove he can and rub it in my face. Is that right?

why the **** don't people just stay with the people they like and that like them? Seems simple to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just to clarify, you think it is OK for people to have a different outlook on the world based on their race?

Apparent you do too....

White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X.

Nor do you have an issue trying to make correlations....

I assume we are not allowed to mention the complexion of at least one of the shooters, correct?

I have no issue with race giving a person a different outlook on life. I do have an issue with race being used to attribute behavior. You, I guess have neither issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am not all for an integrated society or a society that forces people to coexist. That doesn't have to be over race. Maybe I don't want to have a neighbor with blue eyes. Yes it's wrong for me to call him names while he's washing his car, but it's no wrog for me to not buy the house next to a person with blue eyes because I know In past personal experiences I don't like a majority of the people with blue eyes I've known.
    so me blue eyes hears that I didn't buy the house next to him and is now mad. So he finds out where I did move to and buys the house next to me just to be a dick and prove he can and rub it in my face. Is that right?

why the **** don't people just stay with the people they like and that like them? Seems simple to me.

Amazing how this thread has devolved into people not liking people because they think differently.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    VERY Impressive!!!

16 pages and still going strong! I guess my IBTL was premature but I'm still convinced it's valid. So close, we've come so close.

I did learn one thing though, Michael Jackson and Prince are black!!! Who'da thunk it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    VERY Impressive!!!

16 pages and still going strong! I guess my IBTL was premature but I'm still convinced it's valid. So close, we've come so close.

I did learn one thing though, Michael Jackson and Prince are black!!! Who'da thunk it?

No way! I have bunch of Jacko on my iTunes and several Prince albums........ I'ma be back after I do some deletions........

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I did learn one thing though, Michael Jackson and Prince are black!!! Who'da thunk it?

It wasn't for lack of trying

Anyhoo, if anyone really wants to have a "White History Month", there are several groups trying to get one started....

...have fun on those websites. Just a small sample of the efforts to date:

WhiteFlower-350x233.jpg

Top Bottom