• ...and so much more!
  • jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Does BET exclude white people from its programming?

No. But that's not the point here. The point is the name. "Black Entertainment Television" if there was a "White Entertainment Television" it would be deemed racist in a second and demanded to be removed from TV. The programing could include videos of cats playing the piano, but people would still protest because of the name.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Different times. Blacks had to have there own leagues cause the major leagues where racist. So yes MLB was racist. And negro league was a result of that racism.

BET started with showing black music videos, gospel, and old black sitcoms. They were essentially the black MTV. When I was a kid, I almost never watched MTV, because they didn't play "black" music, other than Jacko and Prince. And on Sundays, my mom watched the gospel programming. It was exactly what it said it was, black entertainment. As far as I know, there has never been a prohibition against whites watching, or even being on that network. So how exactly is it racist, because more black person ppl enjoy it than whites, and it explicitly states that?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Black, white, purple, whatever. Here we go...round in circles...

[video=youtube;ghj5V5cUo1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghj5V5cUo1s[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. But that's not the point here. The point is the name. "Black Entertainment Television" if there was a "White Entertainment Television" it would be deemed racist in a second and demanded to be removed from TV. The programing could include videos of cats playing the piano, but people would still protest because of the name.

What would "WET's" programming include. This should be interesting....

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    One of my favorite covers of all time:

[video=youtube;hvKyBcCDOB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4[/video]

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What would "WET's" programming include. This should be interesting....

Cats playing the piano. I thought I said that already.

I'm not a TV exec, I don't know what people would watch. I guess by your logic it should include country music...rock and roll too, maybe :dunno:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    IDK, Old Crow Medicine Show is better...and it's not because they are white. I just like their version better.

Agreed. Their version is much better...I think originals are always better. This is just one of the very few covers I actually like.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cats playing the piano. I thought I said that already.

I'm not a TV exec, I don't know what people would watch. I guess by your logic it should include country music...rock and roll too, maybe :dunno:

Black people don't play the piano? So you guys want a WET channel, but have no idea what the programming would include. So basically people are butthurt for nothing.

Top Bottom