The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well you know I've now listened to this thing about ten time and I have to admit the the title and the words don't match up wither the actual comments. The mention of Breitbart and some of the words certainly help to paint a different picture and I appolozize.

Not necessary. I was just pointing it out. It doesn't mean the guy saying it is any less despicable as he tries to shift responsibility.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Not necessary. I was just pointing it out. It doesn't mean the guy saying it is any less despicable as he tries to shift responsibility.

It was to me and I thought I owed you that. But thanks for agreeing that it still seems this guy is despicable and appears to be shifting responsibility.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When Breitbart was alive there were some interesting items on that site. Now that he's dead it has gone off the rails. Alex Jones is just a snake oil salesman and that's all he ever has been or will be. But there are several corollaries on the left. Reading Mother Jones, Salon, etc., etc. just makes me head hurt.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    When Breitbart was alive there were some interesting items on that site. Now that he's dead it has gone off the rails. Alex Jones is just a snake oil salesman and that's all he ever has been or will be. But there are several corollaries on the left. Reading Mother Jones, Salon, etc., etc. just makes me head hurt.

i really don't have much knowledge about Breitbart and it's history. However now that it has gone off the rails this is why I find that Trump has at least two senior advisors from this whatever it is too be such a problem. This just adds to my dislike and distrust of Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Sessions agrees that the President needs to specifically condemn Neo Nazis and WS today. He also says there is no moral equivalence between WS and ANTIFA but I'm still trying to find a link to the rest of this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/897059760679378946/video/1

There's more to Sessions comments but I'm having a problem finding them in it's entirety. Here it also shows he defended Trumps initial comments as well.

Sessions defends Trump rhetoric on Charlottesville - POLITICO

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sessions agrees that the President needs to specifically condemn Neo Nazis and WS today. He also says there is no moral equivalence between WS and ANTIFA but I'm still trying to find a link to the rest of this clip.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/897059760679378946/video/1

I read somewhere this morning, an attribution not an actual citation, that Trump specifically disavowed and condemned White Nationalism, White Supremacy and Neo Nazis. I guess that must have slipped under everyone's radar.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I read somewhere this morning, an attribution not an actual citation, that Trump specifically disavowed and condemned White Nationalism, White Supremacy and Neo Nazis. I guess that must have slipped under everyone's radar.
    I think Pence did, but I haven't heard of Trump doing it personally. For what that's worth.

I am so tired of this crap. "The President didn't say so and so is a :poop: head!" waaa

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

As far as I am aware he condemned or something to that effect WS or David Duke once during the campaign. However this was after he had also made a statement that he didn't know who David Duke was. Now I think earlier, much earlier like 1999 they have a telecast where they show him disavowing David Duke. I forget exactly what he said then but at least that time he seemed to be aware of who David Duke was.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think Pence did, but I haven't heard of Trump doing it personally. For what that's worth.

I am so tired of this crap. "The President didn't say so and so is a :poop: head!" waaa

Yeah, this from the exact same people who thought Obummer refusing to say radical Islamic terrorism was no big deal. There are so many double standards it's really hard to keep track.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well that's one of the reasons this is a problem in the first place.

Very true. Rather than this all being Trump's fault which is the central narrative of all the MSM news programs over the last several days. I think this is Trump's missteps exacerbating an already existing problems. I truly don't believe he is racist, xenophobic or homophobic, etc. I just think he is so unpolished and has such poor self control that he plays into his opponents hands.

You'll notice I specifically left misogynist off of that list. That claim might be dead on.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Very true. Rather than this all being Trump's fault which is the central narrative of all the MSM news programs over the last several days. I think this is Trump's missteps exacerbating an already existing problems. I truly don't believe he is racist, xenophobic or homophobic, etc. I just think he is so unpolished and has such poor self control that he plays into his opponents hands.

You'll notice I specifically left misogynist off of that list. That claim might be dead on.
    Pretty much how I feel about it and him.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

He also seems to surround himself with some truly questionable people.

If that's what it is he tends to misstep quite a bit.

His past history with this issue and those people just inflame things. But then again Trump tends to inflame things.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If that's what it is he tends to misstep quite a bit.

His past history with this issue and those people just inflame things. But then again Trump tends to inflame things.

That's kind of his schtick...to blow things up, figuratively, and win the chaos that ensues. The standard Mark I Mod 0 politicians can't seem to react quickly enough.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That's kind of his schtick...to blow things up, figuratively, and win the chaos that ensues. The standard Mark I Mod 0 politicians can't seem to react quickly enough.

Yes, it is and people knew that when they voted. I just don't happen to believe this to be a good approach and I have said that many times before. That's because I don't see it being the best approach to take. Changes might be necessary but in the meantime do we really need to pi** everyone off? Sometimes if not extremely often times with Trump it seems to be over either some of the most trivial or in this case a very heated and historically a very contentious issue.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes, it is and people knew that when they voted. I just don't happen to believe this to be a good approach and I have said that many times before. That's because I don't see it being the best approach to take. Changes might be necessary but in the meantime do we really need to pi** everyone off? Sometimes if not extremely often times with Trump it seems to be over either some of the most trivial or in this case a very heated and historically a very contentious issue.

Even considering the relentless and often baseless attacks of the MSM he is still his own worst enemy. That's really saying something. I don't particularly like or admire him but I voted for him and if the leftists run a similar candidate next time I will have no option but to vote for him again. I know many people who feel that way.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Even considering the relentless and often baseless attacks of the MSM he is still his own worst enemy. That's really saying something. I don't particularly like or admire him but I voted for him and if the leftists run a similar candidate next time I will have no option but to vote for him again. I know many people who feel that way.

I get that better now and I have a better understanding as to why. But I still find the whole thing so totally unbelievable and hard to swallow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom