The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    See I don't subscribe to that either. Sort of like no hope and that's just dark and bleak in my opinion.

You still have faith in the left. You think that you are dealing with basically good people whose solutions are often imperfect. I think you are being sold a bill of goods by people who won't stop until they run every facet of your life. That's a little more than tomato tomahto.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You didn't expect Trump to be patient or thoughtful did you? LOL

Did Frazier attack Trump? All I saw was that he resigning because he was bothered with the administration's statement on Charlottesville. Trump essentially calls Frazier a crook, so I'm left wondering if he believed that, why is Frazier leaving on his own terms, rather than Trump dismissing him.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Oh. So what is your solution?

Well, do you see me running for President? LOL

I really do hope for better though. Some of the alternatives are well just something I don't care to think about.

I am here though and great part is frustration, disgust, and curiosity.

The fact that I've been given the space I have been given here says not only a lot for the people that run this place but the people that come here. Please take that as a HUGE compliment because that was what it was intended to be.

So I'm here at least for now and I am looking around.

You got any ideas? Because for now about the best I got is hope. Because the idea of this Country in the first place was pretty much what it was founded on.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, do you see me running for President? LOL

I really do hope for better though. Some of the alternatives are well just something I don't care to think about.

I am here though and great part is frustration, disgust, and curiosity.

The fact that I've been given the space I have been given here says not only a lot for the people that run this place but the people that come here. Please take that as a compliment because that was what it was intended to be.

So I'm here at least for now and I am looking around.

You got any ideas? Because for now about the best I got is hope. Because the idea of this Country in the first place was pretty much what it was founded on.
    I do not. The machine is very entrenched, and gives us differing levels of :poop: as choices.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Did Frazier attack Trump? All I saw was that he resigning because he was bothered with the administration's statement on Charlottesville. Trump essentially calls Frazier a crook, so I'm left wondering if he believed that, why is Frazier leaving on his own terms, rather than Trump dismissing him.

Based on what I saw Fraizers departure was because of Charlottesville. The link I provided I think states as a CEO Fraizer thought he needed to take a stand. So it appears that he left in protest. There maybe more to this, but at this point it appears Trump attacked him because he felt slighted.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You still have faith in the left. You think that you are dealing with basically good people whose solutions are often imperfect. I think you are being sold a bill of goods by people who won't stop until they run every facet of your life. That's a little more than tomato tomahto.

It's neither the left nor the right. I have faith in this country and what it stands for. It's never been perfect, but it's what it stands for. The left has issues especially when they want to give everything away. But then again the right has its own issues also. That's why it's supposed to work on compromise. Unfortunately there are times when we find compromise to be impossible. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last if we survive. The Civil War is a perfect example of this. Civil Rights in the 60's was an extremely troubling time.

But it's the faith in what this country believes in or at least the principles it was founded on that gives me hope.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I have faith in the left, and the right. BOTH have their issues, BOTH have worked together, NEITHER is going anywhere.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Changing gears a bit (and I'm sure no one will have an issue), but I'm watching Pence talking in Colombia about Venezuela. His rhetoric is a bit concerning. He's smart enough to attribute them to Trump, but it seems like he's building an intervention case. Saying that a dictatorship in Venezuela is unacceptable. Not exactly sure what you'd consider fat boy Chavez, but do you guys really think that the Trump administration is foolish enough to have an armed intervention in South America?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Changing gears a bit (and I'm sure no one will have an issue), but I'm watching Pence talking in Colombia about Venezuela. His rhetoric is a bit concerning. He's smart enough to attribute them to Trump, but it seems like he's building an intervention case. Saying that a dictatorship in Venezuela is unacceptable. Not exactly sure what you'd consider fat boy Chavez, but do you guys really think that the Trump administration is foolish enough to have an armed intervention in South America?

I certainly hope not. Another no win situation.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

As far as I am concerned yes Trump is extremely foolish and I don't trust him. I just don't know yet how foolish and what exactly to expect from him. This was always a major concern for me when it came to Trump. He'll have to prove me wrong that he doesn't do any seriously foolish things.

He says he doesn't want to get into foreign entanglements but so far he seems to be picking a fair amount of fights with foreign governments. Too early, let's see exactly what he does.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's neither the left nor the right. I have faith in this country and what it stands for. It's never been perfect, but it's what it stands for. The left has issues especially when they want to give everything away. But then again the right has its own issues also. That's why it's supposed to work on compromise. Unfortunately there are times when we find compromise to be impossible. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last if we survive. The Civil War is a perfect example of this. Civil Rights in the 60's was an extremely troubling time.

But it's the faith in what this country believes in or at least the principles it was founded on that gives me hope.

Both parties are in trouble. They've both moved out to the extreme edge and left the vast majority of the electorate in the middle. If Bernie Sanders has a legitimate shot at being elected POTUS then the left has lost its way. If Elizabeth Warren is a viable candidate for POTUS then the left has lost its way. Obama moved away from the Dems traditional base, the union blue collar workers. Part of that was out of necessity as that base was rapidly shrinking. But the introduction of identity politics has turned out to be a double edged sword for them. They are trying to recover from that now.

The Republicans have always been the party of money. Trump, IMO, is outside the party and at the same time more of a traditional Republican than the current breed of Republicans. But he is not the disease he is simply a symptom.

People have rejected the message of both parties and the decisions made and direction taken by both in the next decade will decide if we keep careening towards the cliff or we manage to put on the brakes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Both parties are in trouble. They've both moved out to the extreme edge and left the vast majority of the electorate in the middle. If Bernie Sanders has a legitimate shot at being elected POTUS then the left has lost its way. If Elizabeth Warren is a viable candidate for POTUS then the left has lost its way. Obama moved away from the Dems traditional base, the union blue collar workers. Part of that was out of necessity as that base was rapidly shrinking. But the introduction of identity politics has turned out to be a double edged sword for them. They are trying to recover from that now.

The Republicans have always been the party of money. Trump, IMO, is outside the party and at the same time more of a traditional Republican than the current breed of Republicans. But he is not the disease he is simply a symptom.

People have rejected the message of both parties and the decisions made and direction taken by both in the next decade will decide if we keep careening towards the cliff or we manage to put on the brakes.

Well, what do you want me to say? I give up?

No, I'm not going to do that, Not yet at least,

Hope, I have hope. The ideals that founded this nation are worth hoping for because at this point I don't know of anything better. At least I'm not ready to pickup and move yet.

What's Canada like this time of Year? Certainly not wanting to go to the U.K. Hell they just voted for Brexit. LOl

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, what do you want me to say? I give up?

No, I'm not going to do that, Not yet at least,

Hope, I have hope. The ideals that founded this nation are worth hoping for because at this point I don't know of anything better. At least I'm not ready to pickup and move yet.

What's Canada like this time of Year? Certainly not wanting to go to the U.K. Hell they just voted for Brexit. LOl

You would LOVE canada, they have that free healthcare and that dreamy justin trudeau cat to fawn over.

Immigrate to Canada

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom