The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A buddy of mine went with his mom and dad to see the Big Red Machine back in the 1970's...They had seats right behind home plate....He was too young to really appreciate what he was seeing at the time..There was another young guy not paying attention to the game as well sitting near them and they began running around playing, chasing each other etc....Anyway when the game ended the kid said, "Hey...Come on and I'll introduce you to my dad..." They walked over to the Red's bench and Pete Rose said, "Hey little man...Who's your new friend?" He invited my buddy down into the dugout, grabbed up a loose ball and had the whole team sign it....He has it, along with a pic his mom and dad took of him with Pete and his son by the dugout, up on his mantle at his home...

Oh and Trump is awesome...I can not believe how much he has delivered...My cup runneth over....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A buddy of mine went with his mom and dad to see the Big Red Machine back in the 1970's...They had seats right behind home plate....He was too young to really appreciate what he was seeing at the time..There was another young guy not paying attention to the game as well sitting near them and they began running around playing, chasing each other etc....Anyway when the game ended the kid said, "Hey...Come on and I'll introduce you to my dad..." They walked over to the Red's bench and Pete Rose said, "Hey little man...Who's your new friend?" He invited my buddy down into the dugout, grabbed up a loose ball and had the whole team sign it....He has it, along with a pic his mom and dad took of him with Pete and his son by the dugout, up on his mantle at his home...

Oh and Trump is awesome...I can not believe how much he has delivered...My cup runneth over....

Rose is nothing like that today. If you don't believe me catch him in Vegas at that sports store in the Cesar's Shops he often frequents to sign memorabilia. Long ago Rose was a favorite of this little kid, but reality at some point smacks you in the face.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is going to upset a couple of people that said we are not going to have a better response than the obama years.

The real NK leader.

Blofeldpleasance67.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Regarding Obama's f***ing foreign policy, we would do well to nip Iran's nuclear ambitions in the bud or face similar situations with Iran in 5-10 years.

Officially, Iran has abandoned it attempted obtainment of nuclear weapons, and are in full compliance with the deal they signed. I'm curious as to what exact you suggest be done. Invade because you don't believe them?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Officially, Iran has abandoned it attempted obtainment of nuclear weapons, and are in full compliance with the deal they signed. I'm curious as to what exact you suggest be done. Invade because you don't believe them?

On the subject of Iran and Nukes....If I were in charge and it looks like their (Iran's) program is just about "there", I would place a call to Israel....I would imagine (if the only goal is to take out the nuke program) that they could handle that pretty swiftly.....

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

"Officially", Iran insists it never had a nuclear weapons program, lol! Even though the only purpose for the number and type of centrifuges it obtained was to produce weapons grade uranium. And, it's medium range ballistic missile tests... again, the only military purpose is to deliver a nuke.

Sure, under the agreement they spun down a majority of their centrifuges... but when the rest of the pieces are in place, and they need the weapons grade uranium, they will simply break the seals and spin them back up.

If all of this sounds familiar, that's because it is... Iran is following the same path N Korea did of making and breaking agreements, and unless we alter course, in 10 years, Iran will have nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them in the middle east.

And, the answer in Iran, currently, is economic sanctions until it's in full compliance AND agrees to verification inspections.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    'What was that number? Wasn't it something like 97% or even as high as 98% or 99% of scientist believe green house gasses which were emitted by human beings heavily influenced this climate change? Besides those overwhelming numbers Bill Nye the science guy agrees. So if you have a problem believing the overwhelming numbers and numerous studies then you really can't deny because after all Bill Nye the science guy super nerd knows what he's talking about.

Well see Acteon's post above, but you also might want to peruse this link. Also did you read about how that number was derived? They read the abstract of the papers, not the actual papers themselves and went by that... The comments from a half dozen or so of the scientist that they stated agreed with the "consensus" are quite amusing also.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexep...scientists-agree-is-100-wrong/2/#163f53583414

Well you got me there. He's gay, transgender or whatever so whatever he says is wrong. Wow, you must have been the head of your debating class in high school.

Well as has been pointed out to you, gender has nothing to do with sexual orientation. But would a real "science guy" have Netflix delete part of one of his shows because it doesn't agree with his current PC beliefs? He had a section on his show where a girl was discussing how your chromosomes determine your gender aka whether you are a girl or boy. Which is real science, unlike that "performance" of the "song" sex junk.

BS

He was unwise, stupid, frigging wrong. Not to mention once again that he's displayed how hypocritical he has been and always will be.

Why do you say that? And how was he hypocritical? Heck he didn't actually acknowledge that the story was true did he?

No, you injected sexual orientation into the discussion. Nice try.

You need to work on reading comprehension. I have no idea of is orientation, nor do I care. It's irrelevant.

The word "gender" was hijacked in the '90s. Sex and gender were synonymous up until that time. You have checked one of two boxes on a form next to the word gender. If your not sure which box to check, look in your pants.

Ok so what the H*** does gender go to do with it? Would you like to bring baseball into it as well?

As stated by others, to show how he is not a real scientist.
    two-of-these-people-are-actual-scientists-so-called-actual-19849229.png

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I used to enjoy reading and, occasionally, participating in this thread. Unfortunately now it is just name calling, hyperbole and temper tantrums.

It's really too bad.

Me too. Not much else gets discussed other than Trump is a stupid, poopy-head. It's kinda gotten like those soap operas my wife used to watch--same minutae one day, come back a few days later, scroll past 2-3 pages, and it's the same minutae all over again.

I agree. Maybe that's why I don't post much any more.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-puts-china-in-a-bind/?utm_term=.72c5b8449d57

China can no longer stay on the sideline and "enjoy" North Korea as a perpetual thorn in our side. Their first move was endorsing the sanctions imposed in the UN Security Council. This is step two, publicly pseudo-announcing that it's alliance treaty with North Korea would not apply if North Korea initiates an attack on the US or it's allies.

China does not want a pro-US unified Korea on it's border. But, neither is this insane regime, nuclear armed, very palatable. It remains to be seen if China can rangle Kim into China-brokered de-nuclearization talks and it appears that the current sabre-rattling has exactly that as it's goal. If the pressure remains, at some point, a China-backed coup may make sense to ensure the coup puts their preferred regime in place.

The big question is whether the generals around Kim are sane? They are the ones who would choose to either follow Kim's orders to launch a first strike, or rise to power if he and his family are displaced.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Comparing the US Census Bureau numbers and federal Election Assistance Commission numbers, there are AT LEAST 1.5 million more voters registered in San Diego and LA Counties than there are adults eligible to vote.

And, there are now 462 counties in the US that have more registered voters than adults eligible to vote, numbering 3.5 million nationally. Nothing to see here, folks, no need to even take a look or audit...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ing-voter-fraud-commission-5.html#post7195757

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...voters-outnumber-eligible-voters-462-counties

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom