The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A point that I have heard for many years is that it is wrong to vote a straight ticket. It seems that is always directed at Republicans, whereas Democrats are incouraged to pull that lever.

I voted for a Democrat once that I can remember, in a local election in North Carolina. I thought he was a good man. I have not found a Democrat that I thought I could trust since then. Where I live there are a few seats that are uncontested and I never vote in those races. Sometimes I don't vote for the Republican.

I am a registered Republican, but I am not lock step with the Republicans. In the last primary I Voted for a man that I thought was a Constitutional Republican and a decent man, but the rest of the US didn't agree with me. In the general election I actually split my ticket for the first time in years. I voted straight Republican except for the Presidential race in which I voted for...

Donald J. Trump.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A point that I have heard for many years is that it is wrong to vote a straight ticket. It seems that is always directed at Republicans, whereas Democrats are incouraged to pull that lever.

I voted for a Democrat once that I can remember, in a local election in North Carolina. I thought he was a good man. I have not found a Democrat that I thought I could trust since then. Where I live there are a few seats that are uncontested and I never vote in those races. Sometimes I don't vote for the Republican.

I am a registered Republican, but I am not lock step with the Republicans. In the last primary I Voted for a man that I thought was a Constitutional Republican and a decent man, but the rest of the US didn't agree with me. In the general election I actually split my ticket for the first time in years. I voted straight Republican except for the Presidential race in which I voted for...

Donald J. Trump.

You must be guilty of a dozen 'isms'! Voting a straight ticket is homophobic! :p

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Donald J. Trump.

I haz confused. You vote absentee someplace? ....or are you a fraudster?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Trump lives rent free in the White House, all Trump properties and in Dee Dee's head.

I am concerned for yuo Dee Dee, see your doctor about your blood pressure, you're going to stroke out, man.

BTW if you look carefully at my last sentence you will se the propper use of you, your and you're.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump lives rent free in the White House, all Trump properties and in Dee Dee's head.

I am concerned for yuo Dee Dee, see your doctor about your blood pressure, you're going to stroke out, man.

BTW if you look carefully at my last sentence you will se the propper use of you, your and you're.

Thanks for thinking about me. That really truly warms my heart.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This came across my Facebook feed and I thought it worth sharing. It is long, and just because I thought it worth sharing don't assume I agree with everything in it. I just thought it interesting and well expressed. (Remember when you could discuss something on INGO just because it was interesting... no, neither do I.) I painted out the name, but this is not from anybody you would have heard of. It's just a random person that responded to something that somebody else I know commented on.

yhHG18V.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well Sebastian Gorka a senior White House Advisor at least believes that people should stop critizing White Supremacists so much. This was taken from an appearance on Breitbart News Daily which just happens to be his former employer.

https://thinkprogress.org/white-hou...zing-white-supremacists-so-much-ddd587767d60/

I truly hate it when you put others, especially me, in the unpleasant position of seemingly defending WS but that's not exactly what he said. But I've learned over the years that the radical left is physically unable to accurately quote anyone.

White Nationalists and White Supremacists have an ideology, much like Antifa and BLM, based upon hatred. I reject them all for that reason.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I truly hate it when you put others, especially me, in the unpleasant position of seemingly defending WS but that's not exactly what he said. But I've learned over the years that the radical left is physically unable to accurately quote anyone.

White Nationalists and White Supremacists have an ideology, much like Antifa and BLM, based upon hatred. I reject them all for that reason.

Well you know I've now listened to this thing about ten time and I have to admit the the title and the words don't match up wither the actual comments. The mention of Breitbart and some of the words certainly help to paint a different picture and I appolozize.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom