• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Wow. A lot of catching up to do in here.
    Been doing some reading, and I've got to say the refugees are the least of my concerns. The vetting process is about as exhaustive as it can get. It may be difficult to obtain as much background info in the middle east, but the vetting process monitors them throughout the waiting period.

The problem is that when evaluating what the manual says, you are absolutely correct, but I have a hard time trusting the .gov to do any better quality of work here than it does anywhere else. In practice, these people could just as easily be put on long-term hold until the .gov gets around to admitting them without near the scrutiny that the official narrative would indicate.

The bigger problem is that we already have enough problems already without admitting massive numbers of people in addition to the ones we already don't have the resources, including and especially jobs, to support--even more troublesome than the potential for admitting terrorists, or more likely, people of sympathies which make them or their children good candidates for recruiting into terrorism after their arrival.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Wow. I wasn't aware we had two such illustrious immigration officials among our membership. What are the odds? I mean we've got two people who are aware of refugees status and what they went through to get here. Wow. :rolleyes:

Get some skin in the game man , come meet me and we'll go to one of their grocery / grill stores and see how we get treated .

I was working with some illegal mexicans and we stopped in there on lunch for some real mexican tacos .

On the way back to the grill , the people in the store were giving me a wide birth and even turning away from me .

When we got to the grill seating and took our seats , some folks actually got up and left .

I asked the guys I was with , "WTH " is that all about ? They said it was because I looked like immigration police .

So no you don't have to be an actual " official " to see what's going on .

Situational Awareness can tell you a lot about the environment you're in , IF you pay attention .

Point is , our guberment can't even handle immigration with folks who want our money , they sure as hell won't get it right with folks who want to end our way of life .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It would take then too long to get to their goal, if they even made to the US, and not some other country, and made it past the vetting process. Much easier to try gaining access other ways.

I don't oppose them coming here because Daesh may be among them.

It was.........a wake up call.

I got neg-repped when I first came to INGO too. I think the ones involved are either shootered or just don't post anymore. Some of them I even came to admire at some point.

There's a lot of bleeding hearts here that are all for it till they see the consequences. Makes me sad really that they lack the foresight to see the pot of **** waiting at the end of the rainbow. There must be something in the soda that causes weakness and naivety.

It's faux compassion. If their hearts really bled for these people they would be more eager to put their own blood into the solution. It's easier to be generous with other people's resources. They get to set on their pedestals, imagining that they're morally superior to the people who think there's a better way. You couldn't pry moral smugness from them with a crowbar. It's fused.

Don't trust the people that handle the matter every day for a living and trust what some moron on the television, radio or internet that have zero experience beyond having an agenda to sell. Nice.

Sometimes I wonder if you and MRJ are related.

I think the irony shown in this thread is that preventing refugees from settling in the US is actually a liberal idea because the conservative, or traditional idea, is that we accept them with open arms. Plus the cries for somehow identifying, possibly with a symbol on their clothing, and subjecting them to random searches and rounding them up for relocation are all things that happened in Nazi Germany. Based on what has been posted in this thread I really don't think this is far off the mark. How big will the government become in order to vet, process and keep an eye on these refugees?

This issue is making a lot of people irrational and fearful.

Does not follow. The traditional idea is more like Ellis Island. This is something entirely different. The progressives want this for a reason. The conservatives oppose it for a reason. Those reasons tend to follow the respective ideologies. It is more about values. Ellis Island was about give us your weak, not give us your able bodied, yearning to game the system instead of staying to fight for their own country.

Notice that the people who oppose it tend to believe in the idea of rugged individualism. The people who are for it, well, I've already brought up the faux blood pouring from their bleeding hearts.

That very well may be true.

The .gov should not get bigger, I think the issue for many resides in the circumstances that have taken place. I truly think if 9\11, the war on terror, rise of Isis, etc. Never occurred and these refugees consisted more of families, instead of able bodied men then many more would be open to it. If our financial problems as a country didn't exist, and trust for government was higher, more would probably be for it. However our situation right now doesn't fit the bill.

I understand the sentiment, but thinking of our own is not irrational. Its being protective. Many are not afraid of terrorists, they simply would rather avoid having them here. I'm not saying all these people are terrorists, simply saying the potential exists for there to be a few out of however many refugees.

One thing is for sure, GPIA7A's graphic up thread shows a relatively high number of pro-Daesh tweets coming from the US. They're coming from somewhere. Probably not the Christians. So...

It's all about the votes. Just like all of the "immigrants".

That too. Even if illegal immigrants and refugees don't get to vote, their babies will eventually.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Rather than taking in the refuges from Syria I think we should help them take back their own country. Issue each a M4, a manual on the care and feeding of said rifle, and 1000 rounds of ammo. Let them kick ISIS out.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is how the terrorists won. They've made us a fearful nation. 319 million people scared out of their minds over 10,000 refugees which will have gone through a long and arduous screening process which doesn't even guarantee individuals will be allowed to settle here. The fear is setting in and it's causing people to consider ideas and actions that we fought against in the past.

We're at war. When viewed thru that lens, bad things can and will happen (see WWII internment etc). If you cant tell the fifth columnists and terrorists from the rest of them than you exclude them all until you can.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The problem is that when evaluating what the manual says, you are absolutely correct, but I have a hard time trusting the .gov to do any better quality of work here than it does anywhere else. In practice, these people could just as easily be put on long-term hold until the .gov gets around to admitting them without near the scrutiny that the official narrative would indicate.

The bigger problem is that we already have enough problems already without admitting massive numbers of people in addition to the ones we already don't have the resources, including and especially jobs, to support--even more troublesome than the potential for admitting terrorists, or more likely, people of sympathies which make them or their children good candidates for recruiting into terrorism after their arrival.

I'm with you Dave. I just feel that every man or woman who served with honor and/or fought for their country should not be wanting for a shot at a decent job and housing and adequate medical care. Once that problem is dealt with, then we can talk about taking in refugees.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Rather than taking in the refuges from Syria I think we should help them take back their own country. Issue each a M4, a manual on the care and feeding of said rifle, and 1000 rounds of ammo. Let them kick ISIS out.

I don't believe you could set up a better experiment to test the law of unintended consequences than this. Didn't we try this in Afghanistan in the 80's? How did that work out?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Saturday morning bump. I think this will be my last bump. (It seems this thread's interest is waning a bit now). I owe one person a match and I'm glad to do it. I think this is a good cause and I'll be sending in the match tomorrow, I think.

I'll help those wishing to step up.

Never Again is Now

I'll go one step further. I've already donated but I'll match anybody else's donation, up to $100 (total -- I'm not a wealthy man) if they want to do something other than complain about what others may or may not be doing.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Ok, give them a mosin and a few stripper clips of ammo. Better yet give one and empty rifle and the next one a stripper clip of ammo.
    My point is if diesh or whatever they call themselves is to be defeated, boots have to be on the ground, air strikes alone are not going to win this. The able-body refuges from Syria are as good an army as any, men and women. It is their resposability to retake their country, we should train and equip them and send them back.
    The idea that we take in these people and give them asylum, while American lives and assets are put at risk to fix the problems in their country sickens me.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Go read the contents of post #749. You probably skipped it because it's long.

Ah yes. Ex Reactor Operators are known for their lack of reading skills.

Or, some people lack basic skills relating to human nature, and haven't witnessed a government agency when people above "look the other way" so that things can proceed.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    We're at war. When viewed thru that lens, bad things can and will happen (see WWII internment etc). If you cant tell the fifth columnists and terrorists from the rest of them than you exclude them all until you can.

Which country are we at war with?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Ah yes. Ex Reactor Operators are known for their lack of reading skills.

Or, some people lack basic skills relating to human nature, and haven't witnessed a government agency when people above "look the other way" so that things can proceed.

Never mentioned your reading skills, just that it may have been too long a post for you to bother with. Go back and read it, learn something.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Why do you want them here? Are you willing to take them into your home and provide for them? Why do you expect me to support them? Do you not think we have enough of our own issues without burdening ourselves with more? Do you give to charities that help our citizens? Do you do more than throw a few coins in the Salvation Army jar? How do YOU tell the differentiate between a refugee and a terrorist? Would you run away to another country if America was like Syria? Are you a runner or a fighter?

Top Bottom