• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Spent half an hour with my congress critter on Monday. There are no records that can be trusted, there are no databases to be referenced that can provide any relevant information. Be very afraid.

This is akin to letting Ebola carriers into the country because we 'think' they may be cured, when in reality we are pretty much sure when they come here they will kill us.

Hello! McFly! they are not citizens of this country and are not protected by our constitution! Sheesh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Spent half an hour with my congress critter on Monday. There are no records that can be trusted, there are no databases to be referenced that can provide any relevant information. Be very afraid.

This is akin to letting Ebola carriers into the country because we 'think' they may be cured, when in reality we are pretty much sure when they come here they will kill us.

Hello! McFly! they are not citizens of this country and are not protected by our constitution! Sheesh.

But wait! They go through a rigorous vetting process that is apparently as hard working as Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State (always busy but didn't accomplish anything).

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I certainly do not relish the idea of offering an enemy an easy way into our country.

With that said, I think that there are many far easier ways to gain access to our country than our refugee asylum program. We are not Europe, refugees cannot simply walk directly across our borders. In order to enter our country as a refugee they must gain approval first.

With a British, German, Dutch, or French passport an un-compromised radical can walk right into the United States on a tourist visa, and then disappear into the ether. With a little planning a radical with a less-desirable passport can stll gain access to the US with a student or work visa.

I would rather live in Indiana than in Syria, today...tomorrow, whenever. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that there are people in Syria that feel the same way. Our government offers a "right way" to do this.

I have no problem with this. A lot of good people are going to have an opportunity to improve their lives, and the lives of their progeny. If a few undesirable characters are able to manipulate the system and gain access the country in order to do harm I do not see that as an indictment of the asylum program. Rather, I see that as an indictment of the human condition, and of religion specifically.

Indiana has a history of accepting refugees from "enemy" countries. We took thousands of Soviet refugees at the height of the cold war. Those refugees become earnest Hoosiers. I think the Syrians will too, if we let them.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I certainly do not relish the idea of offering an enemy an easy way into our country.

With that said, I think that there are many far easier ways to gain access to our country than our refugee asylum program. We are not Europe, refugees cannot simply walk directly across our borders. In order to enter our country as a refugee they must gain approval first.

With a British, German, Dutch, or French passport an un-compromised radical can walk right into the United States on a tourist visa, and then disappear into the ether. With a little planning a readical with a less-desirable passport can stll gain access to the US with a student or work visa.

I would rather live in Indiana than in Syria, today...tomorrow, whenever. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that there are people in Syria that feel the same way. Our government offers a "right way" to do this.

I have no problem with this. A lot of good people are going to have an opportunity to improve their lives, and the lives of their progeny. If a few undesirable characters are able to manipulate the system and gain access the country in order to do harm I do not see that as an indictment of the asylum program. Rather, I see that as an indictment of the human condition, and of religion specifically.

Indiana has a history of accepting refugees from "enemy" countries. We took thousands of Soviet refugees at the height of the cold war. Those refugees become earnest Hoosiers. I think the Syrians will too, if we lett them.

I hear what you're saying, Paul. The sticking point for me, and i would venture many others, is these people aren't coming here out of a desire to become Americans. If their interests are economic only- if they just want to be guest workers - perhaps a guest worker program would be a better direction to proceed in. No path to citizenship, no gov't assistance and deportable with a minimum of fuss if they are found to be other than who they presented themselves as or if they get in trouble with the law. If as a guest worker they wish to present themselves for consideration for citizenship, we can handle it on a case by case basis.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Honestly we have enough damn people in this country. With Americans having a couple kids too and the Mexicans having 15 each, we will be full soon. I think we need to end the immigration program within 10 years for good. And once your here you assimilate or get sent packing. This is America and you should be proud to be an American for the country that gave you everything! Sign on the dotted line. If not, see ya. Don't let me see you flying your old flag or none of that ****.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Indiana has a history of accepting refugees from "enemy" countries. We took thousands of Soviet refugees at the height of the cold war. Those refugees become earnest Hoosiers. I think the Syrians will too, if we let them.

The difference is, Commies love bacon!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Spends years talking about how untrustworthy, corrupt, and ill-managed the government is.

Suddenly has 100% faith in the government and its processes.

uj2cw.jpg

Top Bottom