• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well we will simply disagree on how our govt should function in this instance. I don't want them here either, but if they are granted asylum, then they shouldn't be subject to a collective rounding up, and deportation, at least not with out an exhaustive series of case by case hearings backed by a solid justification. In which case, the govt should have to revisit ALL persons who have been granted asylum, and justify why they shouldn't be deported as well.

This might actually work better if the government actually enlisted the co-operation of the people and listened to their concerns on the issue. If it did it might not be necessary for so many governors to weigh in on ther desire not to settle these 'refugees' in their states. As such, like most government actions rammed down the throat of half thje populace (Obamacare anyone) these actions should be open to complete reversal when the other side of the argument gains ascendance politically. If they don't like the way it is, perhaps they should reconsider Germany

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There's a lot of bleeding hearts here that are all for it till they see the consequences. Makes me sad really that they lack the foresight to see the pot of **** waiting at the end of the rainbow. There must be something in the soda that causes weakness and naivety.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Lawyers are the last people I'm gonna trust or listen to on an issue. If they're mouths are moving they are pushing a side of an argument. Not necessarily the truth and not necessarily a lie. Who wants to give those kind of people any time? Not me.

Don't trust the people that handle the matter every day for a living and trust what some moron on the television, radio or internet that have zero experience beyond having an agenda to sell. Nice.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There's a lot of bleeding hearts here that are all for it till they see the consequences. Makes me sad really that they lack the foresight to see the pot of **** waiting at the end of the rainbow. There must be something in the soda that causes weakness and naivety.

Weakness is living in fear of other people. I refuse to live in fear of bad people no matter how many come here.

But then again I'm willing to pay the price for a free and open society, whereas all the weakling cowardly scaredy cats arent. They sacrifice freedom every day in return for the false illusion of safety.

Are you prepared to pay the price in order to ensure our freedoms and the freedoms of everyone in this nation are not thrown away?

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    What I've read of this thread has been an interesting read. I see again many similarities to history regarding this situation. Wanting to help someone is fine. However, we have to think about the thousands of people here that need help that aren't getting it, plus the many more just freeloading off our tax dollars. I see this as more than a "terrorist" threat, but a prosperity threat.

I also find it ironic that a nation which displaced hundreds of thousands in its creation and expansion, now worries about the same threat looming ahead. Another reason to be against it is to keep history from repeating itself.

As others said there are places much closer where a transition into a peaceful lifestyle away from the violence is possible. This country has a very strong divide running through it and it splits many ways. The last thing we need is for that divide to grow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What I've read of this thread has been an interesting read. I see again many similarities to history regarding this situation. Wanting to help someone is fine. However, we have to think about the thousands of people here that need help that aren't getting it, plus the many more just freeloading off our tax dollars. I see this as more than a "terrorist" threat, but a prosperity threat.

I also find it ironic that a nation which displaced hundreds of thousands in its creation and expansion, now worries about the same threat looming ahead. Another reason to be against it is to keep history from repeating itself.

As others said there are places much closer where a transition into a peaceful lifestyle away from the violence is possible. This country has a very strong divide running through it and it splits many ways. The last thing we need is for that divide to grow.

I do not think the surrounding country's want all of those young men roaming there either. Nothing but trouble can come from that.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

I think the irony shown in this thread is that preventing refugees from settling in the US is actually a liberal idea because the conservative, or traditional idea, is that we accept them with open arms. Plus the cries for somehow identifying, possibly with a symbol on their clothing, and subjecting them to random searches and rounding them up for relocation are all things that happened in Nazi Germany. Based on what has been posted in this thread I really don't think this is far off the mark. How big will the government become in order to vet, process and keep an eye on these refugees?

This issue is making a lot of people irrational and fearful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the irony shown in this thread is that preventing refugees from settling in the US is actually a liberal idea because the conservative, or traditional idea, is that we accept them with open arms. Plus the cries for somehow identifying, possibly with a symbol on their clothing, and subjecting them to random searches and rounding them up for relocation are all things that happened in Nazi Germany. Based on what has been posted in this thread I really don't think this is far off the mark. How big will the government become in order to vet, process and keep an eye on these refugees?

This issue is making a lot of people irrational and fearful.

With all of the confusion surrounding this by our fearful leaders and a not so truthful media yes, there is fear. It is not the Jews running from the slaughter. It is hundreds of thousands running from thousands.
    It is young men in good condition looking to get over here for the Ferris wheels and side shows. There will be so much Gov. money flying around the leeches are already on the move. To many un-answered questions about a culture That hates us.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I point to the refugees that arrive in Greece and Eastern Europe, relatively peaceful countries, but still are moving towards the US, Germany, France, etc. Why? Richer nations give better welfare benefits.

Are these Syrian refugees actually going to come straight from Syria, or are we pulling them off wherever their boat lands in Europe?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I point to the refugees that arrive in Greece and Eastern Europe, relatively peaceful countries, but still are moving towards the US, Germany, France, etc. Why? Richer nations give better welfare benefits.

Are these Syrian refugees actually going to come straight from Syria, or are we pulling them off wherever their boat lands in Europe?

This is an invasion. JMHO. Agree or not no matter.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    With all of the confusion surrounding this by our fearful leaders and a not so truthful media yes, there is fear. It is not the Jews running from the slaughter. It is hundreds of thousands running from thousands.
    It is young men in good condition looking to get over here for the Ferris wheels and side shows. There will be so much Gov. money flying around the leeches are already on the move. To many un-answered questions about a culture That hates us.

This is how the terrorists won. They've made us a fearful nation. 319 million people scared out of their minds over 10,000 refugees which will have gone through a long and arduous screening process which doesn't even guarantee individuals will be allowed to settle here. The fear is setting in and it's causing people to consider ideas and actions that we fought against in the past.

Top Bottom