• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Why do you want them here? Are you willing to take them into your home and provide for them? Why do you expect me to support them? Do you not think we have enough of our own issues without burdening ourselves with more? Do you give to charities that help our citizens? Do you do more than throw a few coins in the Salvation Army jar? How do YOU tell the differentiate between a refugee and a terrorist? Would you run away to another country if America was like Syria? Are you a runner or a fighter?

They can come here and provide for themselves. Just like anyone else. Your questions are pure strawman.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Go read the contents of post #749. You probably skipped it because it's long.

I read it. Looks a lot like any government bureaucracy. A lot of busy working happnin' but not much getting accomplished. Are they terrorists or not? Odds are, not. But dare we ask the right questions, and is it possible to even know the truth about that. Do they support Daesh?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Never mentioned your reading skills, just that it may have been too long a post for you to bother with. Go back and read it, learn something.

Ok. I re-read it. Still looks the same to me. Still looks like maybe you haven't dealt with human nature, or government agencies when things come down from above.
    If you think that post 749 was a long read, then may I suggest Westinghouse S5W or General Electric S8G Reactor Plant manuals.
    Either one will stand several feet high when the volumes are stacked.
    Then, since that's just about reading large amounts of material, you might want to broaden your horizons by adding in some psychology, and group dynamic psychology.
    Then, deal with various government agencies so you can have a "theory to practice".

I read it. Looks a lot like any government bureaucracy. A lot of busy working happnin' but not much getting accomplished. Are they terrorists or not? Odds are, not. But dare we ask the right questions, and is it possible to even know the truth about that. Do they support Daesh?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    They can come here and provide for themselves. Just like anyone else. Your questions are pure strawman.

I'm not terribly well versed on this subject but I don't think they will be "just like anyone else." They are being pushed to the front of the immigrant line by our government. I have heard it can take up to two years to successfully work thru the immigration process for immigrants. They will be at the head of the line thanks to our current President.

Secondly, I haven't seen where there are any requirements for Syrian immigrants to demonstrate they have a command of the English language, are free from communicable diseases, or have any kind of skill set that will make them financially self sufficient. Perhaps the health question isn't a factor and they are somehow vetted for disease/illness, I don't know.

Until they are able to pay their own way they will be sucking off the government teat - which means I and every other tax paying individual in the United Stateswill be subsidizing them for their subsistence. If you're so bent on them coming here I suggest you kick in extra in taxes to cover the cost of these folks. Actually why don t you send the extra funds to me so I'm not actually out of pocket. If you'll send me a p.m. I'll give you my mailing address so you can forward a money order to me or I can provide an email address so you can just PayPal th money.

If the defined Syrians are screened for security concerns before entering that's only one part of my concern. Additionally, I want them to have to:

Swear an oath of allegiance to our constitution
    Stipulate they will abide by our laws and not Sharia law
    Demonstrate they are self sufficient or have have a financial sponsor within 30 days of arrival
    Receive no federal financial assistance after 30 days
    Agree to study for US citizenship and take the oath of citizenship after taking and passing the prescribed courses
    Agree to learn and speak English as their primary language and require the same for any children in their custody
    Restrict voting privileges for a period of 5 years after entering (I know this may "contradict" my 5th point). I don't care.

There may be other restrictions or requirements I haven't thought of, but this would be a good start !

I'll be waiting for your p.m. so you can send the money !

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Rather than taking in the refuges from Syria I think we should help them take back their own country. Issue each a M4, a manual on the care and feeding of said rifle, and 1000 rounds of ammo. Let them kick ISIS out.

that could be done for around $1k per man......seen more than enough young fighting age men in the pic's!!!!!......raise up and take their country instead of running!!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And, I'm sure part of the resistance we feel, is a lack of faith in the ability of the present administration to do anything right.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    that could be done for around $1k per man......seen more than enough young fighting age men in the pic's!!!!!......raise up and take their country instead of running!!!!

Yea, just rise up and take on the established state backed by Russia and a well funded Muslim extremist group. Sometimes the best you can do is run. Not everyone is as bad ass as us Americans.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Spends years talking about how untrustworthy, corrupt, and ill-managed the government is.

Suddenly has 100% faith in the government and its processes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    http://investmen****chblog.com/fbi-braces-for-isis-attacks-no-resources-to-vet-muslim-refugees/

But you had the FBI director testify before Congress, under oath saying that if they have no information on someone they have nothing to vet them against,” Mr. Farenthold said on the “Capitol Hill Show” with Tim Constantine.“We have testimony saying, and I think common sense also dictates that in a failed state like Syria you don’t have any government information, police reports to rely on to vet somebody,” the congressman added. “So there’s no way to do a background check from somebody coming out of Syria. There’s no way we can find out whether they’re safe or not.”

FBI Director Admits U.S. Will Have No Basis to Vet Some Syrian Refugees

FBI Director James Comey, flanked by the nation’s top intelligence officials, admitted to the House Homeland Security Committee Wednesday that for some of the 10,000 Syrian refugees the administration has agreed to allow into the U.S., there will be no basis to vet them through the databases it uses to determine if they have ties to terrorism.

“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interests reflected in our database, we can query our database til the cows come home, but … there’ll be nothing show up, because we have no record on that person,” said Comey.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson also admitted last week that the U.S. won’t “know a whole lot” about the refugees it allows into the U.S.

Wow. So the people in charge of the vetting, and security, say they can't properly vet the refugees.
    I guess they don't know what they're talking about. Must be basement trolls.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Ok. I re-read it. Still looks the same to me. Still looks like maybe you haven't dealt with human nature, or government agencies when things come down from above.
    If you think that post 749 was a long read, then may I suggest Westinghouse S5W or General Electric S8G Reactor Plant manuals.
    Either one will stand several feet high when the volumes are stacked.
    Then, since that's just about reading large amounts of material, you might want to broaden your horizons by adding in some psychology, and group dynamic psychology.
    Then, deal with various government agencies so you can have a "theory to practice".

Here's the pat on the back for reading the manuals to do your job.

jesus-says-meme-generator-hey-patty-pat-pat-952d6c.jpg

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    http://investmen****chblog.com/fbi-braces-for-isis-attacks-no-resources-to-vet-muslim-refugees/

But you had the FBI director testify before Congress, under oath saying that if they have no information on someone they have nothing to vet them against,” Mr. Farenthold said on the “Capitol Hill Show” with Tim Constantine.“We have testimony saying, and I think common sense also dictates that in a failed state like Syria you don’t have any government information, police reports to rely on to vet somebody,” the congressman added. “So there’s no way to do a background check from somebody coming out of Syria. There’s no way we can find out whether they’re safe or not.”

FBI Director Admits U.S. Will Have No Basis to Vet Some Syrian Refugees

FBI Director James Comey, flanked by the nation’s top intelligence officials, admitted to the House Homeland Security Committee Wednesday that for some of the 10,000 Syrian refugees the administration has agreed to allow into the U.S., there will be no basis to vet them through the databases it uses to determine if they have ties to terrorism.

“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interests reflected in our database, we can query our database til the cows come home, but … there’ll be nothing show up, because we have no record on that person,” said Comey.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson also admitted last week that the U.S. won’t “know a whole lot” about the refugees it allows into the U.S.

Wow. So the people in charge of the vetting, and security, say they can't properly vet the refugees.
    I guess they don't know what they're talking about. Must be basement trolls.

The problem with vetting anyone from these countries is the lack of records kept over there and any records of anything have probably been blown to smithereens in the last few years.

Top Bottom