• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a pretty popular website. We rank high in search engines, and our demographic is males 18-54 years old. My point is that I'd be willing to fly a banner on my website when you get everything set in stone.

I think rifles are a bad idea. I also believe if you say to carry an empty holster only, some are still going to carry a handgun. They are "not going to have their right infringed" for any reason, even one as important as this.

I obviously organize events for a living, so again, I will help any way I can.

You are more than welcome to post this on my forum as well.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a pretty popular website. We rank high in search engines, and our demographic is males 18-54 years old. My point is that I'd be willing to fly a banner on my website when you get everything set in stone.

I think rifles are a bad idea. I also believe if you say to carry an empty holster only, some are still going to carry a handgun. They are "not going to have their right infringed" for any reason, even one as important as this.

I obviously organize events for a living, so again, I will help any way I can.

You are more than welcome to post this on my forum as well.

Thank you sir.

Rifles, handguns, out. Period. We can police our own. Whatever it takes to get people to come.

Also, you asked our target audience. We have none. Everyone is our target audience. Our goal is to change the minds of these Congressional Leaders who have never shot a gun or think gun control works.

Again, this also can't just be about the 2A. We can protest the Fairness Doctrine. Things that affect the BoR in general. Whatever we can do to get people to stand up to greed and corruption.

We can make this happen.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As of now, just empty holsters. It seems like it will be the best way to get people to come and easier for those who would enter the state house to talk with their reps.

Also, I just got done skimming through 2AM. They are going forward with 2x4's being sent to Reps. In my mind a very dumb move but possibly effective. It's what the Admin is decided on and are putting the state rally's on the back burner.

I'm asking for help to initiate Nationwide State-to-State Rallies. If the Admin of 2AM will not go through with this idea, I will spearhead it myself. I will need your support and I would VERY MUCH like INGO to be a big sponsor of this. Fenway, you can dictate things if you wish or name your conditions. I'm very flexible at this point.

I could be wrong and they could change their minds. From what I was told by Admin, they intend to become just like the NRA. A for profit part and a not for profit part. I am having my doubts about them but I'm not counting them out.

I would really appreciate everyone's input on all this and what you would all like to do. I'm pretty confused and dissappointed right now so I'm going to let you all discuss.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Also, you asked our target audience. We have none. Everyone is our target audience. Our goal is to change the minds of these Congressional Leaders who have never shot a gun or think gun control works.

Again, this also can't just be about the 2A. We can protest the Fairness Doctrine. Things that affect the BoR in general. Whatever we can do to get people to stand up to greed and corruption.

SE, you answered the target audience question almost quite well there.

To have an event like this, you HAVE to have a target audience. Right now, to organize the event, your target audience is the gun enthusiast -- those who believe in the 2A, who like owning and shooting guns (of all kinds), and who think things like the AWB and "common sense gun control" are a bunch of hogwash. You're trying to convince responsible gun owners to come to your rally and represent the "average gun owner."

AT the event, your target audience is the "Congressional Leaders who have never shot a gun or think gun control works." It's not "everyone." It's people who are uninformed about how guns work and who are trying to shift the crime problem on an inanimate object rather than the person holding the object. In other words, you're trying to convince your wife that guns are ok and have a place in society, only on a much larger scale.

To pull off an event of the magnitude I think you want this to be, knowing who your target audience is will help you tailor your message a lot more effectively -- hence the reason so many people are against the idea of having rifles and other "scary looking" weapons at the rally. If your target audience is people who think guns are scary, you need to show them that criminals aren't the only ones who carry guns and that respectable, responsible members of society are just as willing to own them by the current legal means.

In other words, knowing who your target audience is will help you clarify the message you want to present. If you have a clear message, the chances that it will be understood and effect change will be much higher.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I know quite a few people who don't like guns and would never have one, BUT, they signed my "petition" (2A Resolution Revolution) because it was related to the Constitutiion.

They told me that they don't like guns, but would do whatever they could to "protect & defend" the Constitution.

You might find some just like them in IN. So, maybe make the word: CONSTITUTION stand out more?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    When was the last time a rally changed anything?

Rallies might not have immediate impact, but if there are enough people, I think it helps the uninformed to know that it's not just a couple of goofballs.

For the record, I do think MLK's marches, etc. made a difference. Did it change the hearts of racists (on either side)? No. Did it help achieve some of his goals? I think so.

:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Metro, we disagree on a great many things. This is one thing I think we can agree on. Do you remember the Million Mom March? How about the Vietnam War protests of the 60's and 70's? Yes, as mentioned, the civil rights movement? Let's not forget about the first meeting of the Continental Congress.

This isn't just about an Indiana Rally. This is about Gun Owners and Patriots NATIONWIDE, coming together on the same day for the same reasons. To take back our Constitution and our Country from the greed and corruption that has plagued this Country for decades.

Can you imagine thousand upon thousands of people, Nationwide, in every state, gathered at their state capitols, or even at their local city halls, protesting and/or praising their reps for all their work destroying and/or protecting our rights? If that doesn't send a strong, unified message to our government, nothing will.

Is this not worth the effort? Do you have a better idea?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The gun rights issue is different. One has to be very careful on how a rally would be done. It would only take one idiot to make all gun owners look like fools at a rally. The media would love that. I just think that there are better ways to promote the cause, without the potential negatives. If a rally is to be held, it should be organized by someone with experience in grassroots organizing, and not something thrown together by people on a message board who have no idea what they are doing. There have to be rules that must be adhered to, not a bunch of people showing up with no direction, and no clear message.

Why must it be organized by someone like the NRA or whatever? Do you really want this to be an NRA run event?

No, grassroots campaigns always prevail over an organizations. It shows the PEOPLE have had enough.

Of course there must be rules. Strict rules. Do you honestly think that "guys on a message board" are too stupid, or too ignorant to pull this off? Do you think that if the NRA or whoever put it together that some idiot wouldn't do something stupid? Even sending letters in a mass letter campaign all it would take is one ahole to send a fake anthrax letter with the message in it or even on the envelope and then all our letters are thrown out.

If you focus on the negitives and say what about the one person all the time then you might as well do nothing, hand over your guns and every other right, bend over, and put on a neon sign that says Open To The Public. Would you rather do SOMETHING, or NOTHING?

Also, if you are going to use the flyer that is posted, I would suggest that you check the grammar, and focus on the protection of constitutional rights, as opposed to making a direct attack on Obama. Also, the image of the Minuteman is very effective, and is a symbol of our nation. The pictures of the AK and AR are unnecessary, and take the focus off of the defense of rights. A cluttered message is a confused message.

This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. Not just the "Yea, looks good." I was seeing. No offense to anyone, but Metro is right. Focus on the Constitution in General is needed. The guns a bit over the top. But it's a good start. President and Congress instead of Obama, etc.

Metro, if this isn't something you are willing to help with, I understand. Just understand that not much else will show the unity we need to show in order for them to take us seriously. Maybe then the NRA will get more done.

As I asked before, do you have a better idea?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That's my point. The last rallies that had any effect on government policy were in the 50's and 60's. That was a different society back then. Those rallies were HUGE. It's not difficult to get most people to agree that it's abhorrent to deny a person rights, based on his or her race.

The gun rights issue is different. One has to be very careful on how a rally would be done. It would only take one idiot to make all gun owners look like fools at a rally. The media would love that. I just think that there are better ways to promote the cause, without the potential negatives. If a rally is to be held, it should be organized by someone with experience in grassroots organizing, and not something thrown together by people on a message board who have no idea what they are doing. There have to be rules that must be adhered to, not a bunch of people showing up with no direction, and no clear message.

Also, if you are going to use the flyer that is posted, I would suggest that you check the grammar, and focus on the protection of constitutional rights, as opposed to making a direct attack on Obama. Also, the image of the Minuteman is very effective, and is a symbol of our nation. The pictures of the AK and AR are unnecessary, and take the focus off of the defense of rights. A cluttered message is a confused message.

That is basically what I have been trying to get across all along.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    That's my point. The last rallies that had any effect on government policy were in the 50's and 60's. That was a different society back then. Those rallies were HUGE. It's not difficult to get most people to agree that it's abhorrent to deny a person rights, based on his or her race.

+1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    "If a rally is to be held, it should be organized by someone with experience in grassroots organizing, and not something thrown together by people on a message board who have no idea what they are doing. There have to be rules that must be adhered to, not a bunch of people showing up with no direction, and no clear message.

Also, if you are going to use the flyer that is posted, I would suggest that you check the grammar, and focus on the protection of constitutional rights, as opposed to making a direct attack on Obama. Also, the image of the Minuteman is very effective, and is a symbol of our nation. The pictures of the AK and AR are unnecessary, and take the focus off of the defense of rights. A cluttered message is a confused message."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Actually, since you asked, let me be more specific:

"One has to be very careful on how a rally would be done. It would only take one idiot to make all gun owners look like fools at a rally. The media would love that."

Top Bottom