• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What out for the sneaky evil scutter. Just cause the Pami is lurking doesn't mean the Fenway won't come through and smack you all down!

:rockwoot:

scout5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Charlestown
    I have been promoting the national march and am very motivated to help with the Indiana state march also.

I am going to share a few of my thoughts concerning these marches. We should be marching as individuals and representing ourselves as such. If you march under and organization's banner that's great and welcome. I do not feel however that we should let any organization speak for the whole. I feel doing so would decrease the strength of the message. We as individuals citizens and voters demand adherence to our constitution.

On the the armed or unarmed issue. I hope we can get several thousand people to participate in this march. There will be a lot of people who would march unarmed that will be reluctant to march with an armed crowd. The unknown and what ifs will make them leery, many certainly wouldn't bring their children. There will be anti gun advocates present to protest us. They will be trying to instigate responses from us, the more aggressive the better will be the way they see it. Even an unloaded rifle used as a club would make great fodder for the anti gun press. We can't let this situation develop. The neutral voter will be intimidated by thousands of armed people marching on their capitol. We want all the positive feelings we can get.

I do not think this is the time for an armed march, not because we do not have the right, and not because I am scared of the law. Rather I believe this action should be used as a marketing tool to market our cause to the neutral populous. This is a political battle we are waging, this is not the time to just preach to the choir, we must reach the congregation. The congregation is the voting public, of which we are, as of now, a minority.

More important then the march is what we do on the local level in our own counties. We need to use this action as a spring board to launch political involvement in our own communities. Perhaps even some new candidates will spring up we can support. The quickest way to change the government is to be the government.

I encourage that the march be promoted as unarmed. We will draw more people, and have a better chance of having a positive effect on the voting public. This will raise awareness and start conversation flowing. We must earn respect from the public if we expect them to hear what we are saying.

Thanks,

Jasper May

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If armed, it's too easy to be painted as a dangerous, radical, mob that has to be suppressed, versus a group of like minded activists peaceably assembled.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok good. Unarmed. Next order of buisness. Permits, fees, expenses, signs, loudspeakers, press liason, "celebraty" apperances, sponsors, security, message.

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If I may suggest, give a listen to the guy who thought this up.

Guntalk's Podcast

This is a link to Tom Gresham's Guntalk radio show.

Here is a link to the 2nd Amendment March site

Official site of the Second Amendment March

I have a brother that lives in the DC area so I may try to go to the national march. If I can't work it out with my better half, I'll be at the State Capital on the day in question.

Mike

Top Bottom