• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Unfortunatly I have neither the time nor resources to set up my own forum. That would be nice.

Now we are faced with a real problem. Now I don't know how to organize this after recruiting new folks as there will be no place to discuss the Rally with those that know nothing about INGO. It's kinda like a catch 22 here. We can discuss this but can't let everyone know where to find us. It's ok I will respect your wishes and won't mention your site. It's just kinda thrown a wrench into it in a way.

I hope you all have some suggestions....

There are various Blog formats that are "Free" and easy template set-up. However I do not know if there are anti gun restrictions on them. How about MySpace, FaceBook etc. All Hope is Not Lost :dunno:

cooler_kid_1.jpg

https://www.blogger.com/start

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just to be clear, I don't consider myself the main organizer on this. Technically we all are. I guess I just sorta took point on this because no one else was suggesting anything we could really do to get our voices heard. The letter writing campaign is a great idea but we all know our Reps never read them. This way they are forced to listen whether they want to or not.

I'm hoping we can get some professional organizer help from various people but I'm not getting as much support as I hoped for. That's not to say I haven't recieved a lot of support and people willing to help, because i have, but I figured everyone on this site would jump at a chance to save their rights.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Blogs are an interesting idea, but not much room for the discussion type arena we have here. If my main computer wasn't being used for many other things and I had money for extra HDD's I'd be all over starting ANOTHER forum among the many we already have, but i just can't. Maybe someone else would like to do this?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No need for another forum when we have the "new" 2AM one. Perhaps we can ask them to create STATE channels on that forums so each individual state discussions that occur there. In reality you don't need a forum/website for the rally. It's going to come down to just a handful of people what are really going to 'organize' the rally (about 10 if this plays out like other events I have helped with). Those 10 will be mailing talking via phone/email and just use the various forums to post upcoming events to the general masses.

The REAL volunteers (that we don't know of yet) will find ways to communicate that they do want to help. Those type of volunteers we only have about 2 right now: A printer guy (sorry the name escapes me) but s/he has volunteered to print flyers for us and You (savageeagle) creating the list.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We also have many groundwork volunteers who are willing to help get the word out all across the state. Got about 15 altogether. Still waiting to hear from the NRA people for help from them.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    No need for another forum when we have the "new" 2AM one. Perhaps we can ask them to create STATE channels on that forums so each individual state discussions that occur there.

Exactly. I thought the whole idea of the 2AM site was to create a place to discuss things the way you've been discussing them here in this thread, and having a point person come back to all the various forums they came from and say things like, "Ok, we're doing THIS .. HERE .. on this DATE. Be there or be square." I was under the impression that the 2AM site was the place for these discussions.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Exactly. I thought the whole idea of the 2AM site was to create a place to discuss things the way you've been discussing them here in this thread, and having a point person come back to all the various forums they came from and say things like, "Ok, we're doing THIS .. HERE .. on this DATE. Be there or be square." I was under the impression that the 2AM site was the place for these discussions.

It is but they are not yet organized. I figured us all being Patriots we would use INGO as a jump point for the Indiana State Rally.

Also if you were to carefully read the whole thread I clearly stated this is only in it's infancy and my mission right now is gaining feedback from everyone. Unfortunatly I haven't gotten as much feedback as I expected. That's ok because we still have a long way to go.

It's not that I don't trust 2AM to pull there heads out their butt, it's just that they aren't mobilizing and organizing their site like they said they were.

Again, it's just starting out and if we give them a little time I believe it will turn around.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Just a somewhat random thought here, as I come out of my turkey-induced tryptophan coma:

'jever notice how the public and media, who are normally terrified of biker types, warm up to them when it comes time for the bike rallies to collect toys for disadvantaged kids? I wonder if some sort of public service could be attached to this rally in order to help with PR. I know Gleaners is always in need. And, hey, it isn't just PR -- it's good karma and it's disarming. (sorry, couldn't resist) While it's unlikely that any organization would wish to associated with a pro-2AM rally, there's no reason you couldn't donate nonperishable canned goods.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Just a somewhat random thought here, as I come out of my turkey-induced tryptophan coma:

'jever notice how the public and media, who are normally terrified of biker types, warm up to them when it comes time for the bike rallies to collect toys for disadvantaged kids? I wonder if some sort of public service could be attached to this rally in order to help with PR. I know Gleaners is always in need. And, hey, it isn't just PR -- it's good karma and it's disarming. (sorry, couldn't resist) While it's unlikely that any organization would wish to associated with a pro-2AM rally, there's no reason you couldn't donate nonperishable canned goods.

Two Words....

Salvation Army....

It's worth a shot, right?

Just keep in mind we are in no shape to go through with this yet. We still need some structure here.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Two Words....

Salvation Army....

It's worth a shot, right?

Just keep in mind we are in no shape to go through with this yet. We still need some structure here.

That's a good idea. They're my charity of choice right now. Another obvious choice would be any org which sends care packages to the troops.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As was suggested, and something I've been thinking about for a while, we really need a good fund raiser. That is something I have much experiance with but it costs money to get going. Boy Scout popcorn just won't cut it here though so I'm open to suggestions on this.

And don't suggest Bikini Car Wash because no one wants to see us in bikini's! :p

Edit: I was thinking about something else though. If we get some sponsorship we may not need fund raisers AS MUCH. A bake sale or chili cook off or even a small fair with booths or something but nothing big. If we get sponsors they would more than likely cover permit costs, etc. The fund raisers could be for signage and other things.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The only thing it needs is the date time and place, and the website to get more info. Unfortunatly they are dragging their feet and not accomplishing a thing over at 2AM. I know I know, Rome wasn't built in a day.... But armies had to assemble within a couple hours to defend Rome from the tyranny of the outside world.

Top Bottom