• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Savage is trying to organize, so he is the engine behind this effort. We need a PR guy/gal or multiple ones to step up and be the voice(s) for this.

Just as musicians use a producer, athletes use agents, Savage needs PR people to help get the word out and organize this.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Zoub made a very good point,
    Sometimes you do come across like your looking for a fight.

"You clearly keep using language as one who wants to pick a fight, not just deliver a message. Frankly what is your purpose? Defend our rights or pick a fight? You say both. Each message attracts a different audience. Go back and read Gungho's posts. He makes his living in the gun business. Which message you choose dictates if he will support you. You should think about that. You are missing how you are coming across. I am just vocal enough to tell you. Others think it but don't care to waste their time posting it. I am in the mood to do so today, but I am serious, you lost me and I can get hundreds to an event if I want to."
    This statement is key to all this, how you are perceived from this point forward is of the utmost importance. You will either draw folks in or drive them away. I really hope you do the latter.

Before you post anything you have to edit it with a statesman's mind not to offend because if you drift to far into the rhetoric and blustering the whole thing will fall apart.

Perception is everything, I agree with you that the line has already been drawn in the sand and they are about to hop right over it but alluding to armed insurrection or irrational anger is really not the way to go here.
    Please look at this statement with your outsiders perspective, these are the kind of statements you may want to avoid.

"You are right. This could all be a complete disaster. This could end in firearms being banned completely. The ATF may one day bust in your door and take you to jail for owning a firearm.

Then again we could be successful and win our rights back. That is a chance I'm willing to take.

If we lose and this is a disaster.... well then some people in this Country will die for their beliefs and this Country will have more than the economy to worry about. But wouldn't you rather do something than do nothing?"
    Stay positive with your message, fight the good fight, keep it civil and level headed and it will come together.
    Were not only trying to get a message out about the 2nd but we have to change some peoples misconceptions about Gun owners and the 2nd.

I think the Message should Center around fighting the Possibility of another AWB.

I think what we will need to do is start painting a more positive picture about our belief in the Second amendment and our hobbies.

We should contact our local state as well as national clubs especially competitive organizations for support and help.

If you want rifles to be a part of it set up a booth or two with rifles there that folks can come up and see a simple display of what they ( the liberals) may want to ban, I would be more than happy to bring out a few shotguns and some of my Black rifles for display and I bet other would as well, but I still think folks carrying them around sends the worn message to all sorts of folks.
    I have honestly given it alot of thought and still think carrying rifles is a bad Idea, especially with ammo is bad bad juju in this situation, emotions are bound to run high and the mob mentality is a terrifying thing without arms.

I am not ready to jump into this blindly with both feet I think mine and others level of involvement depends on how this thing is headed, on the message and the leadership.

I am really hoping I can get involved at some point and make a positive impact on this issue... after all its not only my rights they are messing with but my bread and butter as well.

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I'm just a newb to the forum, but I've been in business for myself for quite some time, and a large part of my business is understanding my clients' target audiences. FWIW, here's my perspective:

I'm willing to use force against force to protect my rights re: the 2AM. And politicians need to know that. But I believe strongly that getting more people involved -- more voters who can pull levers -- is much much more important that having more firearms present. At the end of the day, if your message is heard, what is to be gained from being armed at such a rally?

I very much applaud savage's efforts to organize, because it's his gig and he's getting things organized. And, we all want the same outcome. But it must be said that "just doing something" doesn't cut it when you're trying to influence people. In marketing, effort doesn't equal outcome.

Know your target audience... know what sways them... craft your message... present it calmly and intelligently.

Call me crazy, but I actually think that a couple hundred people, dressed well, without weapons, would be as effective as a lesser number of folks with sidearms.

BTW, I knew he was kidding about the noodle. :D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Zoub made a very good point,
    Sometimes you do come across like your looking for a fight.

Before you post anything you have to edit it with a statesman's mind not to offend because if you drift to far into the rhetoric and blustering the whole thing will fall apart and you may draw unwanted attention from the man.

Please look at this statement with your outsiders perspective, these are the kind of statements you may want to avoid.

+1:yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Gungho, I'm just stating the concerns that others have expressed. Over at 2AM there are some using "scare tactics" to derail the whole thing. These are just things that could happen regardless of whether we go armed or not.

SirRealism, I understand your point. And I've decided to drop the whole idea of rifles. But I will come with my Baby Desert Eagle OCed on my side, dressed in my NRA shirt and a nice pair of kaki pants. I DON'T want to see anyone dressed in their best Redneck uniform though.

I thank everyone for their kind words, but I just want to do something. I want to give back to my Country. The Army won't take me, I can't be a politician, so this is my chance to make a difference. Personally I would rather my name kept out of the media as I don't want that kind of attention really. I just want to make a difference in this Country and make damn sure my kids enjoy the same rights I enjoy, my father enjoys, and my fathers father enjoys.

We still have much work to do. Does anyone have any ideas for the flyers to hand out? What about the text for the signs we will carry? I've had a few thoughts but they are works in progress. I'm going to take a break tonight as my brain is starting to smoke... :D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    At the end of the day, if your message is heard, what is to be gained from being armed at such a rally?

Call me crazy, but I actually think that a couple hundred people, dressed well, without weapons, would be as effective as a lesser number of folks with sidearms.

I disagree. If we make the Rally a Gun Free Zone we are just as bad as those who want to establish more of them.

How do we say we want to protect our rights when we are seen as not even exercising them?

I know perception is everything and we can't control the message. So how much different is it going to be played out in the media?

Will us standing up for our rights be a positive or a negative.

Our biggest problem has always been "SILENCE"

Oh it's not that we don't bitch and scream, but has always seemed to come after the fact.

If this is done in an organized manner with good forethought it can be successful.

How much publicity would we get if we had a Pro-Gun musician play at the Rally? You know, someone like Uncle Ted.
    With advance notice and reasons for the general public to attend we could get a message out that the media would be incapable of putting their spin on.

While the focus should be the 2nd Amendment the overall theme should be the Bill Of Rights.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Whatever we do, we must all stay motivated and organized, armed or unarmed. Excellent points being made by many but also some unneeded paranoia and apathy. This is a peaceful "protest" not an armed revolution. We do not want an unfortunate incident to be used against us.

If you do not feel comfortable marching then write, or call your elected representatives, educate friends, relatives neighbors, speak to church groups, neighborhood organizations, fraternal or social groups, join the NRA, GOA, JPFO, volunteer with Appleseed or other organized shooting events. We must get the message out and stay determined in our goal.

We need a charismatic leader
    We need organization
    We need a central message
    We need a plan
    We need positive PR
    We must be educated on the issues
    We must be firm and resolute in our mission
    We must succeed for America

We do not want to create another boondoggle group, just seeking dues to pay fat cats a salary and insure themselves a job.

I have learned in life that if you apply the proper Desire, Dedication and Determination then you will succeed and we must succeed.

The Law (2nd Amendment) is on our side for now and we must insure that it is not legislated away from us.

Savage Eagle, Jediagh, ATF Consumer and others have taken the first steps and now it is time for us to follow through and help in any way that we can :patriot:

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    We need a charismatic leader
    We need organization
    We need a central message
    We need a plan
    We need positive PR
    We must be educated on the issues
    We must be firm and resolute in our mission
    We must succeed for America

Glenn beck keeps coming to mind for a celebrity mouthpiece and he is big time 2A.
    Just to Clarify I agree holstered handguns should be allowed and encouraged. I will be carrying as well.

Something that SirRealism said,

Know your target audience... know what sways them... craft your message... present it calmly and intelligently.

I think one way to present the message is to bring in a few folks who without the right to carry would not be here today. Or at least tell their stories.

Something I have seen over the past year or so is people you would never have expected to see before wanting guns and gear to protect themselves with.

First you have to solidify your base. ( i know it sounds Cliche ) then go after those folks that sit on the line.

Instead of taking that buddy to the range on weekend convince him to go the rally.

Once you get your message put together and your fliers ready hit all the local shops and get volunteers to do so as well.

I would look at some kind of trifold pamphlet with a counter top style display that businesses could put on counters or next to their Cash registers.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    If you have a spokesman or PR guy yet this may be an opportunity.

Mark your calendar Indianapolis! On Friday, November 28th from 8 - 9 am , I'll be signing copies of The Christmas Sweater at:

Barnes & Noble #2532
    3748 East 82nd Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46240

Come on by, say hello, and get all your Christmas shopping done at the same time -- signed books for everyone!

Hope to see you there!
    -glenn

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I suggest that the Bill of Rights be added to the flier. Does anyone know if the Government Printing Office still makes those little booklets? The ones containing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? If they give those away we could hand them out during the Rally.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay we need to break this down into several POST to keep track of this.
    SavageEagle seems like you really want to do the database/list of all that attend.
    Perhaps you can post a new STICKY so people can post or PM you that info.
    We need real name and email address as we will be using this database to send emails when the time comes to write/call/march and these 'people' have show interest in doing something.

2) NEW POST on FLYER IDEAs
    I'm working on some drafts and just need to get my graphics guy to give me a few mock ups have the text done

3) NEW POST on DATE OF EVENT
    We have tossed about the summer timeframe since that is where the 2A board has decided. We need to coordinate with them on the date and need 1 POC. SavageEagle would you like to do that since you started this. I signed up with 2AM but don't have a real interest in being a POC with them. I would rather focus my attention on NWI and getting organized on the IN level

4) NEW POST on EVENTS IDEAs for the day?
    Someone said to have exhibits and that was something I wrote down last night on my notes. It would be a nice idea to show the people want CONGRESS wants to ban and show them that the black rifles, SG, handguns are not evil they are NOT like the movies. Perhaps some educational flyers as well. Where can they go shoot, train, etc with some poissible discountes for firts timers.

Once we have more solid ideas we will need to break up into formal committees and have 1 POC for each sub-group so that the ball can actually start rolling. All the talk on the fourms is nice but this is just talk and you will see that once we need to take action some will fall off the wayside (I dont' have time, can't make it, etc..). The committee will make the final decisions form the ideas we get and we go with that.

Note we will probably have more groups but for now lets start with these and I only see a few members who will actualy take these "groups" and work/run with them

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I disagree. If we make the Rally a Gun Free Zone we are just as bad as those who want to establish more of them.

Understood (and I agree), but I wasn't thinking of it as a gun free zone (as in a restriction), but more as a sign that we don't need guns just to get our message out (yet).

Message is foremost.
    OK, I'll defer on this topic and fade back into the tall grass.:rockwoot:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I suggest that the Bill of Rights be added to the flier. Does anyone know if the Government Printing Office still makes those little booklets? The ones containing the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? If they give those away we could hand them out during the Rally.

How about 2nd Amendment temporary tattoos? That'd be the shizzle!

Last edited:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Understood (and I agree), but I wasn't thinking of it as a gun free zone (as in a restriction), but more as a sign that we don't need guns just to get our message out (yet).

Message is foremost.
    OK, I'll defer on this topic and fade back into the tall grass.:rockwoot:

It is not like we are displaying disobedience. We are not breaking any laws or flaunting or demanding rights we don't already have.

We are obeying the law and exercising our RKBA.

No need to retreat to the tall grass, we need everyones thoughts and ideas, this isn't about shouting anybody down.
    :patriot:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It is not like we are displaying disobedience. We are not breaking any laws or flaunting or demanding rights we don't already have.

We are obeying the law and exercising our RKBA.

No need to retreat to the tall grass, we need everyones thoughts and ideas, this isn't about shouting anybody down.
    :patriot:

Yea, I was thinking we would be viewed more like a parade, where children and onlookers would stand and watch with pride:popcorn:, knowing we are presenting to the community what our freedoms are about. We could even give out candy to help with the PR part.:wavey:

Actually, that is something we should look into as well for this upcoming year.

Most towns have their yearly parades during particular holidays...why not have organized groups supporting the 2AM be in those?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If the new posts are created let me know and I'll edit my OP to include links.

Give me a bit to wake up as I was up until 5:30-6 this morning working on somethings (and looting zombies online) so I'm still a bit groggy.

Did 8 people get an email last night? I haven't gotten any replies yet...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Yea, I was thinking we would be viewed more like a parade, where children and onlookers would stand and watch with pride:popcorn:, knowing we are presenting to the community what our freedoms are about. We could even give out candy to help with the PR part.:wavey:

Actually, that is something we should look into as well for this upcoming year.

Most towns have their yearly parades during particular holidays...why not have organized groups supporting the 2AM be in those?

That would provide for more of an audience, but I think the point of the National Rally is to show our leaders we plan to keep our rights.
    To be successful though I think we have to have some form of entertainment or festival type configuration to get people to show up besides those who already think the way we do.

The NRA, GOA and Indiana organizations could hold registration drives during the event.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    If the new posts are created let me know and I'll edit my OP to include links.

Give me a bit to wake up as I was up until 5:30-6 this morning working on somethings (and looting zombies online) so I'm still a bit groggy.

Did 8 people get an email last night? I haven't gotten any replies yet...
    We PMed each other last night, if that's what you mean. I have started working on some ideas for the flyer, but need to get downtown this weekend to get a few pics to incorporate.
    Also, Indianapolis requires that requests for special events be received by the One Stop Shop for Special Events office (http://www6.indygov.org/controller/sepermits/) at least 60 days in advance of the event.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom