• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Can we get some appleseed guys to dress up as colonial patriots with musketts? Then they could be followed by some "black rifles" or something of the sort.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    :hijack:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...259-ingunowners_com_table_at_indy_1500_a.html

INDY1500 will have a INGO table so for those that are going (my included) and those that are activelty taking part on the rally preparations we need to ensure we have AT LEAST 1 FLYER READY for this event.

I will be printing the flyers, once they have been designed and approved (whoever has the final say on them).
    I'm not sure who all is working on ideas and designs for flyers, but once thay are ready to go, they will need to be sent my way for printing.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'M PISSED!!!! I HAD A THREEFOLD FLYER DESIGNED UP AND READY TO UPLOAD AND I LOST IT!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ok... Calm down... It only took me all night to come up with it.... Grrrr... I'll get back on it as at least I have an idea worked up I just have to put it back together...

Give me a couple hours as things just got overly hectic in my home...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I'M PISSED!!!! I HAD A THREEFOLD FLYER DESIGNED UP AND READY TO UPLOAD AND I LOST IT!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ok... Calm down... It only took me all night to come up with it.... Grrrr... I'll get back on it as at least I have an idea worked up I just have to put it back together...

Give me a couple hours as things just got overly hectic in my home...

What application are you using to create it?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Please leave INGO / ingunowners.com off these flyers. I just had the chance to read through this thread and I'm happy to provide the space for this discussion but that is it. Thanks!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm sorry guys. I'm having trouble finding the time to even feed my face. It may be after Thanks Giving when I get this finished. If you come up with something by then let me know.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please leave INGO / ingunowners.com off these flyers. I just had the chance to read through this thread and I'm happy to provide the space for this discussion but that is it. Thanks!

Fenway it was not my indent to imply that INGO would be leading the "group" doing the Indy March. Just that the two "forum groups" should know what they are doing. As of now there has been no discussion on what to call "the group" on the indy march of even if a "group" should be formed.

My guess is sometype of skeleton group/org will have to be created to handle logistics, filling for a permit in Indy, etc...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fenway it was not my indent to imply that INGO would be leading the "group" doing the Indy March. Just that the two "forum groups" should know what they are doing. As of now there has been no discussion on what to call "the group" on the indy march of even if a "group" should be formed.

My guess is sometype of skeleton group/org will have to be created to handle logistics, filling for a permit in Indy, etc...

I was figuring the same thing, but the way I read it was that you didn't want your site advertised on the flyer. That kinda makes it hard to let people know where we are organizing the Rally from.

Like I said in my PM I respect your wishes and if you wish your site to not be on the flyer that's fine with me. I just have one question. Does that mean we can't let them know where to look for us?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Perhaps there could be some guidelines as to what is acceptable for the group overall, that we can say is and is not the direction we want to go to obtain the support from this site.

I suppose that since the RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com site was setup to organize nationwide rallies, that is the information that should be on the flyers.

I would hate to think that anyone is being turned away from this because some of the views on here are in direct conflict in what they believe.

I truly think that a board of directors needs to be established so that ground rules can be setup that we all must abide with.

I'm in no position to tell people what they can and can't do, but i think it is a wise idea to set this up with some kind of chain of command, where we follow the directive from only a few select individuals. Us ground level troops must conform to those guidelines or will be subject to ejection from the group. Just ideas...we need all of the support we can get at this point, so whatever we need to do to obtain support from everyone, let's do it.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    It is not like we are displaying disobedience. We are not breaking any laws or flaunting or demanding rights we don't already have.

We are obeying the law and exercising our RKBA.

No need to retreat to the tall grass, we need everyones thoughts and ideas, this isn't about shouting anybody down.
    :patriot:

I agree, its not like we are a bunch of people here illegally demanding amnesty.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    If this march\parade is going to include entry to the capital building for meeting with or leaving notes for elected officials it should be noted the recent addition of carry restrictions on the campus and capital buildings. A few individuals left outside to keep others carry pieces would not be out of order but I would not do so without a cameraman handy to keep track as well.

Zoub is correct as for perceptions and how this may look to the media or for the media. They go back to the station and sit down and edit the tape. This will result in comments cut short and missing original context. The two worst 10 second moments of the group with holstered pistols will be what makes the broadcast and may even get picked up nationally.

Not sure how the media with barrels of ink and endless airtime will ever learn the gun does not belong on the table.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The very FOUNDATION of any organized 'rally' is to have a list of perceived accomplishments. Sure you all want to 'rally' but what are you trying to accomplish? Are you protesting proposed legislation? Are you looking to have a certain law overturned? Just walking around the capitol exercising your second ammendment rights doesn't really accomplish anything. You are free to do what you wish, but you really need some direction.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The very FOUNDATION of any organized 'rally' is to have a list of perceived accomplishments. Sure you all want to 'rally' but what are you trying to accomplish? Are you protesting proposed legislation? Are you looking to have a certain law overturned? Just walking around the capitol exercising your second ammendment rights doesn't really accomplish anything. You are free to do what you wish, but you really need some direction.

It is my understanding that the 2AM fourm board is the one that will set the theme of the rallies that will all occur on the same day in each capital nationwide.

What we (on this board since we are INDIANA) need to do it determine the logistics on actually doing the rally, permits, getting the word out, printing our flyers, passing the word, etc...

So we are only getting 1/2 of the story by reading this post. Our POC to the 2AM is still in talks with the rest of the 2AM to determine what the theme is.

We have a huge hill to look at in terms of the march, the paperwork that is needed. We need at least 60 days to file with indy in order to march.

etc. etc. etc..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

The idea of the state-to-state rally's is to let our Reps, all of them, know that we will not tolerate another AWB. That is the main theme of these Rally's. Other things are being protested in other states aswell. All out bans which the NRA are currently fighting, proposed legislation restricting others rights, someone mentioned to me something about the Patriot Act but I asked they not go down that road however bad the law may be.

Our intentions here in Indiana are soley to protest the AWB and let our Reps know that any Infringements on our 2A rights will not be tolerated. At least that is the main idea.

We are not just going to be wondering idiots waving guns around crying foul. This is to be a civil, peaceful rally in which we make our concerns known. And known very clearly.

We are facing the most Anti-Bill of Rights Government this Country has ever seen and this is the ONLY idea that has been proposed that is carrying any weight of substance. We already have the NRA and GOA fighting legislation on the Lobbying level. I mean if you have a better idea I'm all ears. I pounded my head for 2 weeks to come up with something that might actually have a snowball's chance in hell of working and this has been given some serious interest in 9 other states all across the Country. Of Course more interest is pouring in everyday as membership at 2AM is growing day to day.

They really need some help over there to get their stuff organized. Some are discussing becoming another NRA or GOA but that is not what we need. If you think it is that's ok, but at least make your voice heard over there so they know where we as gun owners stand.

:patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We don't need another NRA/GAO. Both of those organizations are good at what they do. What is that? Lobbying in congress to pass good laws and stopping bad laws and suing the heck out of states/laws that are wrong. That is what WE pay them to do for us and that is great cause you know the other side is doing the same thing.

However, neither the NRA/GAO (at this time) have the ability or even are showing the will to organize the people at the grass root level. That is where we have to come in and step up.

Yes CONGRESS listens to the NRA/GOA and other groups and they do at times do what those group want but CONGRESS does not truly fear those groups. It's only when CONGRESS sees the people out in masses protesting or wanting something only then do they begin to worry about there paychecks and do what the people want or else face the fire during the next election.

Right now CONGRESS could care less about what we want. They are not worried and why should they be? Yes we are here raising hell on this board and other places online but we are just a few thousand perhaps. Make that number grow into millions across the country and then CONGRESS begins to think "F*** the people are really watching this issue if I vote wrong I'm going to be screwed next election".

For those of you on the fence of "how can this ever work" it's time to stop being on the fence. It's time to pick up your gun (pun indented) and fight for your right. Our forefather's did their part. Previous generations have fought and died for our right to say whatever we wanted and being armed, and vote, and pray to whom ever we want, etc.. It's now your turn to do the same.

The Antis are always going to be with us. There is no way we will ever get rid of them all or change there minds. They are the YEN to our YAN. Learn to accept that.

The DARK is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins. It always wins because it is everywhere. It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun and the DARK is with you, attached to the sole of your feet.

That is exactly what the ANTIs are; the DARK. However the passion/love each of us have for the 2 Amendment is enough to hold them back but only when we unite.

The DARK is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars.

When we unite are ignite the stars then can real change come. It's not enough to just fight the AWB we MUST pass our love to the next generation as well or else the DARK will just wait before they make their move.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I am happy to provide the space for you to plan and discuss but I don't want INGO / ingunowners.com to be associated with this. If you guys don't get a plan and some great organization you all head out to the state house and this could look really bad for the site. I'm not saying it won't go great but I'm not taking that risk. I ask that you respect my wishes. Again I'm happy to provide the space for discussion but this site will not be associated with this.

I was figuring the same thing, but the way I read it was that you didn't want your site advertised on the flyer. That kinda makes it hard to let people know where we are organizing the Rally from.

Like I said in my PM I respect your wishes and if you wish your site to not be on the flyer that's fine with me. I just have one question. Does that mean we can't let them know where to look for us?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Savage, I suggest if you create your own site if you want a place for people to look for you. It wouldn't be too hard to set up a really basic forum.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unfortunatly I have neither the time nor resources to set up my own forum. That would be nice.

Now we are faced with a real problem. Now I don't know how to organize this after recruiting new folks as there will be no place to discuss the Rally with those that know nothing about INGO. It's kinda like a catch 22 here. We can discuss this but can't let everyone know where to find us. It's ok I will respect your wishes and won't mention your site. It's just kinda thrown a wrench into it in a way.

I hope you all have some suggestions....

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Part of your responsibility as an organizer is knowing when and what to delegate. If you do not have the time or the resources to do a task required to complete the project, you need to assign that task to a subordinate. That means assigning website creation and maintenance to one of your volunteers who DOES have the necessary skills.

You will need to absolutely master that technique if you have any hope of pulling off this rally. It will be literally impossible for you to plan, organize, and execute every task required for a successful outcome by yourself.

Top Bottom